It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Successfully Builds Nuclear Bomb With Russian And Korean Help, And Has Plutonium For More!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This "source" has posted highly questionable material in the past. It's almost as bad, or worse even than Debka. Even if they have it, they're not dumb enough to use it, no matter what people claim that Iran has said. They're not stupid, and they know that using it would be the end for them.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

I don't know if this is true or not,but either way it is disturbing. The idea of a nuclear armed Iran should have world leaders much more concerned than than they seem to be. I don't know anyone personally that has a single doubt that Iran will use their nukes as soon as they have enough of them. But our leaders still think they can negotiate with mad men.

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Use them on who?

If Iran were to launch nukes at Israel it would be suicide. Israel would launch it's nukes towards Iran and the entire Middle East would be a nuclear wasteland. The whole idea is absurd.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Then you have the fact that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his close cronies in both the government and the clergy are what is known as "twelvers". Their particular flavor of Islam teaches that in order to bring back their Mahdi, Hidden Imam, Twelfth Imam or whatever else they call him they have to create as much destruction as they possibly can to pave the way for him. I don't fear the man with a nuke who knows he will be wiped out if he uses it. I do, however, fear the religious fanatic who believes it is his God given duty to bring on Armageddon by the most devastating means possible to fulfill his Islamic religions prophecies.

I wasn't aware of this possibility, thank you for the clarification.

Now I have a few things to reconsider.

edit on 9-1-2013 by Manhandler12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The article might be true, it might not be true. The source is clearly biased against Islam having WMD.

However of greater observation in this thread is the effectiveness of the "boy who cried wolf" on each of you.

Because Iraq was invaded on the premise of having WMD and none were found after the war ended none of you can accept an article like this. It has now made it nearly impossible for you all here to believe the news coming out of Iran, whether true or not.

Wouldn't it be wisest to allow for all possibilities so as not to be caught off guard (unpreparred) in the case this is a factual report?

I am not saying to believe it without further evidence, or at the very least a second report froma different source, but to rule it out because a "boy cried wolf" in the past is exactly the type of pyscological trap that is playing out in 90% of the posters on this site.

The pieces of the puzzel are all there, other sources confirm the assumption found in this article if one can read between the lines. Don't be caught by falling for one of the oldest tricks in the book the moral of the story found in the "boy who cried wolf" would be wise to be applied when covering this topic. Don't get devoured by a real wolf because someone in the past claimed a false one.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
When a quick news search turns up WND.com as the only source, I don't buy it on that merit alone. Never mind the fact it would say U.S. and Israeli intelligence agencies were completely in the dark when it comes to a multinational effort to build a nuclear weapon?

Yeah right, they need to hire Tom Clancy to their writing staff, they'd come up with better fiction that way.
edit on 9-1-2013 by grimreaper797 because: it*

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD
The article might be true, it might not be true. The source is clearly biased against Islam having WMD.

However of greater observation in this thread is the effectiveness of the "boy who cried wolf" on each of you.

Because Iraq was invaded on the premise of having WMD and none were found after the war ended none of you can accept an article like this. It has now made it nearly impossible for you all here to believe the news coming out of Iran, whether true or not.

Wouldn't it be wisest to allow for all possibilities so as not to be caught off guard (unpreparred) in the case this is a factual report?

I am not saying to believe it without further evidence, or at the very least a second report froma different source, but to rule it out because a "boy cried wolf" in the past is exactly the type of pyscological trap that is playing out in 90% of the posters on this site.

The pieces of the puzzel are all there, other sources confirm the assumption found in this article if one can read between the lines. Don't be caught by falling for one of the oldest tricks in the book the moral of the story found in the "boy who cried wolf" would be wise to be applied when covering this topic. Don't get devoured by a real wolf because someone in the past claimed a false one.

God Bless,

Thank you, that is exactly my stand on it. Nobody seems to know for sure where Iran is in it's nuclear weapon program but the consequences of ignoring it based on past evidence are too dire if, or when, they do get nukes. Given the actual words of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in his speeches, both in his own country and before the United Nations, we would be fools (possibly glowing in the dark) to let this possum play dead without keeping a close eye on it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I don't know anyone personally that has a single doubt that Iran will use their nukes as soon as they have enough of them.

www.wnd.com

Well I'm one of those people. The fear of other countries possessing nukes is something that should have died a long time ago. I mean for the longest time the Russians were going to nuke us.
In this day and age using atomic weapons against another country would be suicide.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

I wish it was true. then media would stop propagating such news and politicians would think more about economical problems, global warming , hunger and ..... not such absurds

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg

I don't know anyone personally that has a single doubt that Iran will use their nukes as soon as they have enough of them.

www.wnd.com

Well I'm one of those people. The fear of other countries possessing nukes is something that should have died a long time ago. I mean for the longest time the Russians were going to nuke us.
In this day and age using atomic weapons against another country would be suicide.

What people seem to forget is that "back in the day" during the cold war we had the M A D scenario. Just about the only way to "deliver" a nuke then was by ICBM. And those took long enough that if they launched theirs ours would be in the air before theirs hit. So M A D, or Mutually Assured Destruction prevailed. And the leaders of the nuclear powers during the cold war were sane enough to not want to die a horrible death.

Today we have religious fanatics who believe that what they would be doing would honor their god. There is also no M A D scenario any longer. In his book "Dead Heat" author Joel Rosenberg described a method of attack that would allow any nation or terrorist group with nuclear technology to deliver it without anyone knowing who actually launched the attack.

All it takes is one or more cargo ships just off the coast(s) of any country with short range missiles, like the SCUD family, and even if the nuclear agencies could identify the source of the radioactive material, that still wouldn't give them the identity of the ones who launched them.

Now you need to read what I said a few posts back...

Then you have the fact that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his close cronies in both the government and the clergy are what is known as "twelvers". Their particular flavor of Islam teaches that in order to bring back their Mahdi, Hidden Imam, Twelfth Imam or whatever else they call him they have to create as much destruction as they possibly can to pave the way for him. I don't fear the man with a nuke who knows he will be wiped out if he uses it. I do, however, fear the religious fanatic who believes it is his God given duty to bring on Armageddon by the most devastating means possible to fulfill his Islamic religions prophecies.

This is not your father's world any longer, The changes in technology mean changes in the rules of war, and the way it is waged. And the changes in the dominant religious ideology have removed the barriers to worrying about consequences. They don't worry any longer, they welcome the consequences of their actions because they believe they will find happiness in heaven if the do start Armageddon.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Because Nuclear armed countries like Pakistan and North Korea are currently bombing other countries with their nuke?

Nuke is a threat deterrent than anything else. If i was a country with enemies, i would like to have a nuke. Me using it or not is up to my enemies.

I like how some think its okay for some countries have nuke but not others.. why because he is not your friend?

Launching a nuke attack will have international backlash... only one country that got away with it, yet they want to control others.

edit: oh yeah propaganda is obvious.
edit on 1/9/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

Well said and nothing to ad here.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of Arabs, however, I see no reason why any country cannot build a nuclear bomb if it wishes to, including Iran.

The current thinking is the opposite of say North Korea developing some new super powerful bomb of it's own with a new technique and material and then demanding no one else in the world build one and threaten to enforce that if they try.
edit on 9-1-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

To quote you "Today we have religious fanatics who believe that what they would be doing would honor their god. There is also no M A D scenario any longer. In his book "Dead Heat" author Joel Rosenberg described a method of attack that would allow any nation or terrorist group with nuclear technology to deliver it without anyone knowing who actually launched the attack."

Says who? MSM and your addiction to the news?

Lets not forget Sadam and his alleged but totally false possession of Weapons Of Mass Destruction....

The only Fanatics I am worried about is the UN/the US military/ and the MSM.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

I don't know anyone personally that has a single doubt that Iran will use their nukes as soon as they have enough of them. But our leaders still think they can negotiate with mad men.

I had to laugh at this, out of curiosity do you know anyone in Irans ministry or military?
If not I doubt their thoughts are worth much as most of them would most likely come from highly biased or propaganda like sources.

When has the Gov actually tried to negotiate? Not for the media but actually tried to come to a reasonable solution on anything? Its hard to remove weapons you dont have, Iraq all over again and your all gonna fall for it AGAIN!!!!

BTW No one I know thinks Iran has or is trying to build nuclear weapons, and I know a few Iranians

I had to laugh at this - you know a few Iranians and no one you know believes they have nukes.

Well, there you go - case closed. You argue against hearsay by using hearsay - brilliant!

In reality, I don't believe that Iran has nukes either - but, like you, I have no real proof.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Because Nuclear armed countries like Pakistan and North Korea are currently bombing other countries with their nuke?

Nuke is a threat deterrent than anything else. If i was a country with enemies, i would like to have a nuke. Me using it or not is up to my enemies.

I like how some think its okay for some countries have nuke but not others.. why because he is not your friend?

Launching a nuke attack will have international backlash... only one country that got away with it, yet they want to control others.

edit: oh yeah propaganda is obvious.
edit on 1/9/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

The idea is that the world does NOT need a new nuclear power .. especially in unstable parts of the world.. Imagine if Syria had a nuclear arsenal and during the conflict they are in right now, one of those weapons got into the wrong hands.

The US has actually been shrinking it's nuclear stockpile.. ultimately it would be nice if there were NO nuclear powers in the world... The US had 32,255 warheads in 1967 .. they now currently have 5,113.. which is still more than enough to destroy every living thing on the planet.

But yes you're right.. launching a nuke would have international backlash.. and no sane leader would do that these days... but arm a terrorist group with a nuke and they sure will ... Iran also tends to fight its wars by proxy.. so it wouldn't be hard for me to imagine then "losing" one and one of the groups they provide arms to "finds" it ..
edit on 1/9/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You should try going out a bit more, and meet some new people.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

I had to laugh at this - you know a few Iranians and no one you know believes they have nukes. Well, there you go - case closed. You argue against hearsay by using hearsay - brilliant! In reality, I don't believe that Iran has nukes either - but, like you, I have no real proof.

That was my point

I said it to point out the argument is silly

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRobertson

You should try going out a bit more, and meet some new people.

I know plenty of people. You should try being less insulting and rude.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Well then - don't I feel stupid?

Sorry about that - I guess it went right over my head. I try to be funny and end up being the joke.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
Already posted earlier.

I will again like to point out...the warheads were gifted from North Korea...they are going to destroy themselves if they try and use this.

Whether a missile crash lands in their own backyard, or makes it to it's desired location and fails to do what is expected and the UN goes after them.

While there are plenty of threads on Iran and it's nuclear program a search didn't turn up any with the claim that Iran had built their own nuke already as opposed to being given them.

If you go back and check out the OP you will see that I am skeptical myself. But the idea of Iran not only being capable of building their own nukes, and having already done so is something I find newsworthy.

I see that I am already picking up the naysayer crowd (not aimed at you) who deny any idea that a nuclear armed Iran is dangerous or even exists. But they are negated by the many speeches given by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and others in Iran that they will wipe Israel off the face of the map. They HAVE TO KNOW that they don't stand a chance in a conventional war against Israel. That leaves only the nuclear option to accomplish their self admitted goal of an Israel free middle east.

Intelligence also indicates that Iran has far too much enrichment equipment to be justified by any peaceful use of the weapons grade material they are capable of producing.

Thank you for letting everyone know the ignorance on this website regarding the Twelvers. I wish they would show who stars posts, that way I can try to stay away from that much ignorance.
It is obvious you know nothing about this religion nor do you want to learn anything about it.

Please show me the source for, "Intelligence also indicates that Iran has far too much enrichment equipment to be justified by any peaceful use of the weapons grade material they are capable of producing." Thanks in advance!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Here is a quick snip from Joel Rosenberg's Bio.....
"As a communications advisor, Joel has worked with a number of U.S. and Israeli leaders, including Steve Forbes, Rush Limbaugh, Natan Sharansky, and Benjamin Netanyahu. As an author, he has been interviewed on hundreds of radio and TV programs, including ABC's Nightline, CNN Headline News, FOX News Channel, The History Channel, MSNBC, The Rush Limbaugh Show, The Sean Hannity Show, and The Glenn Beck Show. He has been profiled by the New York Times, the Washington Times, the Jerusalem Post, and World magazine. He has addressed audiences all over the world, including those in Israel, Iraq, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, Russia, and the Philippines. He has also spoken at the White House, Pentagon and to Members of Congress."

Interesting stuff and here is the link to his Bio page.....

www.joelrosenberg.com...

Now which country in the world has a ton of nukes but denies it?
S&F for a great discussion
Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join