It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Sighting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thunder57

I'm confused by this:

It can be seen in the southwestern sky on a GE wireless cam.

I am on ancient recording equipment here due to finances, and the defunct VHS format is where I am going to have to start and then transpose to DVD so it will take a bit so please bare with me.

I'm going to have to assume the GE wireless cam belongs to someone else then? Because there is no reason to have to dump to VHS then to DVD when starting from a digitial video camera.....

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Where did you get the information that it is digital?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

maybe the GE wireless camera feeds directly into one monitor with a receiver, and the only other recording device the OP has is one old VHS.

his camera probably also came with a usb dongle, but maybe he misplaced it... or never used it before.
Don't know what kind of display the feed is broadcast to, but if it came with the camera I would advise he OP to look for other ports and maybe he'll find something more convenient that hooks directly to a PC.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I am feeding into an older tv with a built in vhs recorder, it is all I had to run the system on right now. Sorry for any confusion.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
But I finally found the charger for my digital video camera, so when it is visable again I will be recording and downloading to u-tube then to here.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The GE system is the GE wireless security camera you buy at Wal-Mart, for about 80 bucks.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I was about to edit my post saying "and he records it from an old VHS"

And if you don't anyone with a video capture card, I think that hooking the VCR on your display's RCA IN and record from a DVR on the RCA OUT is your best choice. Expect poor quality, though

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Like I said before, it is raining here today, so the odds on me getting it today are slim and none due to the cloud cover, but I do once again ask you to please baer with me for it is coming as soon as I can get it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
That is why I am choosing to record it directly from the screen to the video camera to get as clear of video as possible.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I do want everyone to see as much detail as possible.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The Picture I am getting is crystal clear on the screen if this helps.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
To post to u-tube I understand, but to get it to here, how is that done?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...
tutorial on how to embed videos
or,
just copy and paste the address from youtube after the " = " signal on the VID:YOUTUBE [post tools, second button from the right]

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thank you very much, I did not know this was here. it will help alot, have a great day.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

In the MEANTIME, just freeze the image on your television screen and take a picture of it. It's not hard to do and will silence the skeptics until you can upload the actual video. You do have SOME sort of VHS recording, don't you?

edit on 9-1-2013 by PamelaBritton2U because: 'cause

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I would have settled (to start with) a still taken from a Cell Phone or a digital camera. However since you started off stating you were a "former" photographer at that I can only take your word which is in doubt since you offered zero evidence despite knowing cameras. And these days damn near ever devices has a built in camera.

I am curious do you believe this is a natural stellar phenomenon since you mention a star or a local phenomenon to your area?

And until I hear your response or see some evidence I will be withholding stars and flags...

edit on 9-1-2013 by abeverage because: spelling

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
A still would not do this justice, you could not see the movement from left to right (south to north), But all is set up and just as I feared to much cloud cover today. But you can bet I will get it cause I don`t give up. You will see it before I`m done.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Are you replying to me? If so click the REPLY TO in the right corner of my post, otherwise you reply to your thread and only you see that there was a reply (unless that was your intention).
edit on 9-1-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Sorry about that

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Still learning here LOL

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join