It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheres the hype now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
When nothing happened on 21st 12 2012, did it kind of shut down all the SNIP

Its like its all gone quiet in 2013.

To be honest prior to 21st I found myself quite often up at the sky, felt like something was up there, dont know what. I wasnt actually looking for anything,

But after 21st Ive not felt the urge to actually I look up at the sky and start to feel kind of "let down" or sad for some reason.

Maybe it was due to the hype surrounding 21st....

Or maybe this is the quiet before the storm. Alot people have said that it was a significant date but it was a sort of start or turning point.

Will 2013 bring global peace or wars. Will it bring poverty, droughts and hurricanes or calm? Will the technological advances in 2013 overwhelm us, or will be slowly be introduced to it via movies. Will it just be another year or a year to remember
edit on 1/9/2013 by Blaine91555 because: Removed rude remark.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rkingpin

Nah, I read a Niburu thread posted yesterday. I think they got humbled when nothing turned up on the 21st, but I have a feeling we will be hearing more and more from the doomsayers as we get further away from 12/21 and the "I told you so" uproar has died down.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by rkingpin
But after 21st Ive not felt the urge to actually I look up at the sky and start to feel kind of "let down" or sad for some reason.

Or maybe this is the quiet before the storm. Alot people have said that it was a significant date but it was a sort of start or turning point.

Will 2013 bring global peace or wars.

It was only the naive new-agers that were let down.

Otherwise, everything went perfectly to YHWH's plan.

Think about it, YHWH led the elite to believe that they would be able to usher in a major new age on 21-Dec-2012.

Just at the last moment, He crushed all of the fallen one's hopes of victory. Now they suffer permanent humiliation. Now the fallen ones are grumpy and picking on Christians.

YHWH is always in full control. Always has been, always will be.

As for the future, America is going fall after Inauguration Day. Expect more gun killings so that Obama can remove the 2nd Amendment.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

When nothing happened on 21st 12 2012, did it kind of shut down all the doomtards?

Its like its all gone quiet in 2013.

To be honest prior to 21st I found myself quite often up at the sky, felt like something was up there, dont know what. I wasnt actually looking for anything,

Maybe it was due to the hype surrounding 21st....

Will 2013 bring global peace or wars. Will it bring poverty, droughts and hurricanes or calm? Will the technological advances in 2013 overwhelm us, or will be slowly be introduced to it via movies. Will it just be another year or a year to remember
No bud, give it a few weeks and we will be hearing the same old crap again i guarantee it...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

Will 2013 bring global peace or wars.

It was only the naive new-agers that were let down.

Otherwise, everything went perfectly to YHWH's plan.

Think about it, YHWH led the elite to believe that they would be able to usher in a major new age on 21-Dec-2012.

Just at the last moment, He crushed all of the fallen one's hopes of victory. Now they suffer permanent humiliation. Now the fallen ones are grumpy and picking on Christians.

YHWH is always in full control. Always has been, always will be.

As for the future, America is going fall after Inauguration Day. Expect more gun killings so that Obama can remove the 2nd Amendment.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

Given your demonstrated predilection for making assumptions and then running with them as if they were facts, forgive me if I continue to feel that you have no idea what you're talking about.

edit on 9-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Not only that but I'm really getting sick of the self righteous smug god bollocks.

I wish their god would hurry up and take them all to flamin' paradise already... get on with it ffs.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
My first wife was Bipolar. She/they have a knack for making their worst nightmares come true. I see this same pattern in our society as a whole. The self fulfilling prophecies are what i worry most about. It is a fact that a planet changing disaster will hit us. There is no way to predict when however.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Tis the dawn of a great period. 2010 saw a general fall of empathy with predictions, personally I'm very grateful for that. 2013 sees the fall of holding out for speculative dates. To me there's a sense of improved mass-intelligence after those sorts of things fail.

Perhaps now we can get on with our lives, learn to live and love those we share them with a little more. Or perhaps a lack of paranoia will draw us further from each other?

Either way. Until that asteroid in 2032, we've got a breather for a while and I'm glad of the decreased hype over fake things.

As for the sky, it's still going to be there - and I assure you often the strangest (and coolest) of things surprise you when you least expect it, often when you're not even paying any attention to your interest in these subjects. Enjoy!
edit on 9-1-2013 by markymint because: more opinion

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's an age-old story. The moment you announce a prophecy to the world, it doesn't happen. However I believe that the comet which is supposed to enter Earth's orbit next month might get a few Doomsayers revved up if it knocks out a few satellites on its way back out.

The comets name is "2012 DA14". It's a bit of a mouthful, but according to some astronomers, 2012 DA14 will not come anywhere near Earth's orbit.
However according to an MSNBC.MSN Tech/Science article , 2012 DA14 will not only enter Earth's orbit, but it will be closer to the Earth than the satellites which are in Earth's geosynchronous orbit.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

This means it could knock out a few satellites orbiting the Earth, or electrical interference could render them useless.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Why is this under UFO/Alien?

If I am understanding your disappointment correctly: who ever said there was a connection between UFOs and the winter solstice? If anything the religious radicals thought the world would end (somehow, someway) and the more new-aged radicals thought a celestial body would pass by reeking havoc.

It's all ridiculous.

We are likely the only (and I use this next word hesitantly) intelligent Beings that use/refer to such a restrictive implement like this calendar of ours. Just because we base our entire existence around this artificial time-marker doesn't mean our entire Universe conformed and uses our measly star too. That is not only the most idiotic idea, it's likely the most arrogant too. Our calendar has nothing to do with reality so nothing is based on it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

get bruce ready!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rkingpin

I'm hearin' ya. We'll send Ben Afflect up there with him.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
its all gone quiet apart from these stupid threads that are worse than the end of the world threads

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Fact of the matter is; "We" will always be waiting, and "We", for the most part will always be disappointed.

Look at History and all the failed doomsday predictions there.
Hell, just look and History and look at all the dead RELIGIONS.

Whole religions have come flowered and gone the way of dust and Mythology.
No matter how strongly someone feels about something, it don't make it true. "True" to them, perhaps, but, it's human nature to be self deluding.

The same goes for all this other nonsense.
Certainly there's interesting phenomenon that we know as UFOs, and such, but, other than that, it's a phenomenon, and we as of yet know what that phenomenon is.
For all we know, UFOs could be naturally occurring bubbles of space-time condensing like bubbles in soda with absolutely zero intelligent control behind them regardless of how much we want to project an intelligence onto what we think is seen.
It could be aliens, or lizards, or insects, or blond haired super model nordics, blue skinned Hindu gods, Greens, Greys, Whites, Yellows, Reds, Purples, Pinks, Rainbow workers of Pineal Gland Light, Cat People from the planet Meow, or anything really.

Whatever the case, one thing that's been consistent with the phenomenon throughout History: It attracts complete nutters, and complete nutters are always pretty vociferous in their nutter-ness, and nothing EVER happens.
Thus, expect nutters of every color and variety, and continue to expect absolutely nothing to happen.
You won't be let down when nothing happens.

If, by chance, something does, however, then, there's always pleasant surprise.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Cat People from the planet Meow
That is pretty funny.

I like playing the stock market. I try to never grow to attached to any stock. Its easy to buy a stock- its just really hard (the stock) to know when to sell (if its going up) the stock. I usually have a goal in mind for the sell and try and stick to it. I've done good this way. I know I can always "get back in" if I pull out too soon.

I look at paranormal stuff like stocks. I just don't get to attached to any paranormal subjects. But I'd bet a book call "Cat People from the planet Meow" would sell.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Okay... and why exactly do you "feel let down" because the world didn't end?

new topics

top topics

join