It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are raising a generation of deluded narcissists

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

And despite all that in their teen years they told them to take a hike even if only behind their back.

You just got done telling me that the coddling has been going on for 30-40 years which means the last 3-4 generations were raised in the same way as the present. So which is it, is this particular generation being raised differently or has this been going on for decades?

The availability of social networks hasn't changed the narcissistic nature of humans it has given them another outlet. Get off this bandwagon it isn't going anywhere.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I wish I could give you more than just one star. There have been several times in my life where I was forced to be the foreman in companies that I have worked for. Every time I have been burdened with being the boss I have noticed it is predominately the young who come to work with the idea that they only have to show up to get that paycheck.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Coddling may have started 30-40 years ago in say, California/New York. It has not been going on to the extent that it has for the last 20 years in most states. State to state and North/South are obviously on different time tables. As i have said numerous times in this thread,not every single person was effected. Parents have a lot to do with whether or not they were effected as well as other factors. You have obviously taken this article personally and your mind will not be changed. This is America. Think what you like. Read what you like. There are certainly plenty of websites and articles that will tell you what you want to hear.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I'm not looking to any articles or websites to be told what I want to hear, that is what you seem to be doing. You want to feel angst over something made up, be my guest. I'm here to share my point of view with the other readers of this thread so that they don't get fooled into believing this baseless article.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join