It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Admits He's Hiding Bad News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
(2004-10-26) -- President George Bush today admitted that his Democrat rival is correct in saying that Mr. Bush is "hiding bad news" until after the polls close next Tuesday.

"My opponent speaks the truth when he says that some Americans are going to get some bad news--maybe even before the sun comes up on November 3," said Mr. Bush, "It will involve defeat and the realization that huge sums of money have been wasted on an unwinnable battle against a determined and entrenched foe."

Although President Bush promised to deliver the news personally in a televised address, he said that Mr. Kerry will likely be the first to inform the American people.

"Of course, bad news is all a matter of perspective," Mr. Bush said. "One man looks at the glass and says it's half empty, another man sees the same glass and says, 'Come on, Dick, let's get back to work'."

www.scrappleface.com...

My bet is that it will be Kerry's loss!

From the washington post, but I cant get in...

[edit on 27-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Seriously ed, save this kind of stuff for the mudpit...Your threads are getting worse and worse. Go to FreeRepublic, they'd love this stuff there.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Seriously ed, save this kind of stuff for the mudpit...Your threads are getting worse and worse. Go to FreeRepublic, they'd love this stuff there.

Come on where is your sense of humor, I actually thought "wtf"? when I read it and then it was like ok I see what they mean. Look things are getting heated and Bush is entitled to a bit of humor, after the NYT fiasco, he deserves a few.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Yea, it was pretty good joke, I prefer more slapstick humor when it comes to politicians though. But like I said, this needs to be in the Mudpit.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Yea, it was pretty good joke, I prefer more slapstick humor when it comes to politicians though. But like I said, this needs to be in the Mudpit.

Ok move it then , doesnt really matter to me which one.....

mods?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hopefully bush will admit that he lost his little crusade and is pulling troops back. But he wouldn�t tell that before elections because all war mongers would be pissed off and vote kerry in hope that he would attack somewhere else
-ap

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Love the attitude. Allied leaders "kept the bad news" from people in the dark days of WW2 or at least tried to dress it up or delay it.

Sometimes they just let it out.

If our parents and grandparents had taken this attitude back then and been so divided I can't help thinking I'd be say Heil in Japanese today.

Thats the only comparison I'm making to WW2 by the way....No other.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by aape
Hopefully bush will admit that he lost his little crusade and is pulling troops back. But he wouldn�t tell that before elections because all war mongers would be pissed off and vote kerry in hope that he would attack somewhere else
..ap

Honestly, Neither candidate will pull back at the start. Kerry will just find a way, GW will stay and finish the job! Thats the difference

top topics

join