It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO captured in a video of a football match at USAFL Nationals in Mason (outside Cincinnati), Ohio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This is a case submitted to MUFON on Jan 6 , 2013 . An UFO is captured in a video of Austin Crows v Boston Demons Australian rules football match at USAFL Nationals in Mason (outside Cincinnati), Ohio, on Saturday, October 13, 2012 [ Time : 2:30 PM ] .

Image submitted to MUFON :

Download the video : LINK

Location of Event : Mason, OH, US

Witness Report :

Taking video of Austin Crows v Boston Demons Australian rules football match at USAFL Nationals in Mason (outside Cincinnati), Ohio, on Saturday, October 13, 2012.

Editing video clips on January 5, 2013, and noticed something fly across the screen. I did not notice this during filming.

I thought it may have been a football being thrown across the grounds during play. Problems with that theory include: the speed it is moving (5 frames, 1/5 second, approx., on screen), the fact that it is not brown (like an American football) making it an Australian rules football (footy, which can be a variety of colors) if it was thrown (which is made for kicking, not passing, and is smooth and rounder than an American football, making it difficult to throw at all), the distance it would have to travel (during the match, this is taken near the center of the grounds, meaning the ball would have to travel 75-125 yards to cross the grounds from side-to-side at that point), plus no one noticed it (at that height, if it were a football, since it appears to be about the same size as the footy in the video, it would have been noticed by umpires and players, and no doubt led to a reprimand of anyone who would try to interfere with play like that). So, its not a football.

So far, this is the only instance of something like this in the video clips I shot that day.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Boy its funny seeing Americans try to play AFL
btw, your right, that isn't a football, that is a UFO

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
At 1st when I watched the video , I saw nothing as the object travels very fast
You can see the object at the time interval : 2 - 3 seconds
The video clip is only 4 seconds long

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Equiinox

looks a bit like a frisbee but you never know

it just seems to arch like a slowing down frisbee just my humble opinion

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Its a "blurd" (blurred bird).

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The third image in the sequence of stills it looks like a bird, you can see the wings blurred and in motion.

Then in the following stills you can see the wings in different yet conforming positions.

If it is not a bird then a bug closer to the camera which will explain any speed issues.

I regularly take pictures in the countryside and see this photographic artefact on a weekly basis, it is ALMOST certainly a winged earth based life form.

Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I live in cincinnati and haven't heard anything about it. The photo has a shape of an UFO but like the person above me said, the video looks like a bird.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I may be mistaken but I'm fairly certain that the object in question is pretty close to the view of the camera, rather than in the sky, you can see how it overlaps the tree in the background. Either somebody threw an object (a pretzel perhaps?) or it's a bug. I am no expert but I'm 100% sure that there is nothing special about this footage.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Wow that is truly amazing!!!! They are playing Football!!!.....not bad ball skills either..
Who would have thought...I know there is a League in Holland, a little interest in Japan, some in Africa or India not sure which........Of Course there are Gridiron clubs in Australia too, most large cities have a gridiron league.
We play Baseball too....

Oh the Picture/video???

Its a Bird or a Bug...you can clearly see it travels between the camera and the first "Poplar?" tree near the rhs of the frame. I would think its close to the camera.

Yes,.. another Blurfo.....Sorry, no little green men.

Please be realistic people and dont drag this out to 8+ pages, like the other Bird (Blurfo) photo thread.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Whatever it is, it is small and carry no passenger of a dog size.
That thing is going down, if you fo and search the field now you might find the trace.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Looks like a bug in both the video and the stills - you can see the wings in the stills and it's blurred because it's in the foreground.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
Looks like a bug in both the video and the stills - you can see the wings in the stills and it's blurred because it's in the foreground.

Agreed. Looked like a bug/bee to me as well...pretty close to the camera.

Either that, or ask the players that witnessed it land on the field...because it was flying on this side of the treeline.
edit on 9-1-2013 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
[ Original image of UFO ]

[ color inverted image ]

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Image showing the object at different position [ Near the tree ]

edit on 9-1-2013 by Equiinox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Bug. About 5-6 feet off the lens.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The video is choppy at best. For a short clip like this it would make it easy for someone to practice a little CGI editing.

I slowed the frame rate down to see what the object does once it hits the tree. There was initially a downward curvature into the tree and once it hit the tree the object simply disappeared like there was no continuation of travel forward.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a bug, chinese lantern, bird or a UFO. This is a poorly made CGI Hoax.

Edit:

The people of Mufon should hang their heads in shame for allowing these types of "sightings" to be reported on their site.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Equiinox

Interesting photo, thanks for posting. I'm wondering if it could be a drone or something from Wright-Patterson AFB? I checked and between both points its only 42.6miles. Doesn't look like a bird to me, but could be a drone I think from WPAFB.

Cheers! ID

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Definitely doesn't feel/look like a UFO to me.

RS

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

yeah, sorry to bust your bubble, but the original clip, along with all of the other video i shot that day, is still in my camera...so you can easily be proven wrong...

only thing i know for certain is that it is not a bird...if it were traveling back by the trees, it would have been traveling approx. 1000 mph...(map of area where it was shot is in link below)...

th04.deviantart.net...

no offense, but it would seem really odd to me that someone would go to such lengths to fake something like this...all i want to know is what it is (i have two different clips, two hours difference in time, that show anomalies like this)...

EDIT: a bit more info:

i don't know how many of you know what the weather is like in ohio in october, but i didn't see a bug the whole time i was there...which is not unusual, because bugs start dying out in september here...it could be a bug, but it's odd because if it is, i caught two of them...in ohio...in october...and i shot video in dublin ohio in the summer (in 90 degree heat and high humidity, so lots of bugs) but did not see one instance of "bugs" crossing the camera...

also, as someone pointed out, this video was shot about 2 hours (by car) from wright-patt...
edit on 3-2-2013 by iam1vox because: a bit more info

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Outdoor sporting event..... hmmmmm

It's a Blimp !!!!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join