It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones life Threatened On National TV

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment. I was gonna write a post just like it, but you said all I was thinking.

He has other interests besides presenting himself as a respectable defender of the 2nd amendment. However, i'm pretty sure he may have lost a whole contingent of 'undecideds' who weren't quite sold on either view; thanks to his complete lack of civility in conversation, and his imbecilic mistake of mocking Piers accent at the end, which he could have gone without doing, he may have made many enemies out of those people.

This is what bothers me about Jones. He seems more interested in polarizing society than in actually debating issues. If you want to come towards some policy in any matter, compromise has to be made. Alex isn't concerned about compromise. He sees the world in black and white: government is evil, people are good. American wars are fought for financial gains or the pursuit of what he vaguely terms "a new world order". He claims 9/11 was a "false flag", which implies so many things in peoples minds: that there is no such thing as "Islamic terrorism", or that the CIA literally created Al Qaida. This despite the fact that the US has withdrawn from Iraq, and now spends millions on a drone program dealing with Al Qaida (255 attacks to date) on the Afghani/Pakistani border. In short, his views are extreme, and tend to avoid any attenuating comments that would reduce feelings of emotional outrage.

In short, he seems to have a very clear cut agenda to polarize people. This is why I lost interest in him 5 or 6 years ago.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
To look at it in a constitutional way, the constitution is a limit on what government can do, citizens have infinite inalienable rights. A few of those rights are brought back and negotiated for the well being of a nation. The constitution is the box the government lives in, not the people.

So whatever meaning, in the 2nd ammendment, written directly, if it meant, all citizens bear arms, or a citizens militia, the purpose is to prevent tyranny from overtaking, safeguarding the inherent right to overthrow a corrupt government, implying that revolution can be necessary at times. So that military, was most likely a citizen's militia. And also for self defense.

However, if they were only referring to the military, that would still mean the right for citizens to bear arms fell under their inalienable infinite rights. Which are not up for grabs.

So either way, only a corrupt government with bad intentions goes for gun control.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Alex Jones is really helping the left in this country out more than Piers Morgan ever could. He jumps up screaming and hollering like Billy Badass, then immediately turns around a plays the victim. It's complete self promotion and a distortion of the issues. Alex is the left's poster child of what they want you to think or someone being on the right is. Now, I've followed Alex for years. He's always been entertaining and has made some very interesting points, but the more attention he gets, the more out of control he gets. Don't be fulled by the recent gun and Obama issues. Alex Jones never has been a conservative in a political sense. There are 2 things Alex Jones loves the most, attention and audience and 2 things he hates the most, being proven wrong and being disagreed with. You know you have problems when Glenn Beck stops and says "WOW, that guy is a psycho!" and the have your whole FEMA camp theory and evidence all debunked on the national conservative platform, Fox News. I would like true people to come forth that can logically present a case like George Noory, Art Bell, Jim Mars or even Jessie Ventura. All of them are smart enough to stay focused and reason with naysayers, but Alex Jones will be the downfall of all progress that is being made to bring the truth to light. For that to happen we need someone who can handle the national platform with intellect, not force. In truth, Alex claims to be a christian (which I believe that religion is the driving force behind most conspiracies) but really is anti-government, not anti-Obama. He's an Anarchist, Which is fine but just admit it already.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

If I had control over the media,and I wanted people to believe and trust in my agenda,I would have dressed a cheesy clown,prep him up and give him a title and a show to go on and mock me as hard as he can...the harder the better.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Maybe it was a joke to them, but to most people it seems like a threat. It was very wrong of them to joke on a serious national television programme. It seems like they have no respect for the opposers of gun control. I was very shocked by what I saw.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

If anyone as so much as harms Mr. Alex Jones there will be serious consequences........what I mean that by it will make all his rant's seem plausible and it will create a movement against the NWO.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Alex Jones and his idiocy have finally caught up with him.

Or, was that part of the plan all along?

I don't buy Alex as a threat to anything but himself. Just another loudmouth.

Funny how some want to silence Piers Morgan just for being "anti-American". They'd do Uncle Joe McCarthy proud with their new witch hunt ("anti-americans").

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I can't help but realize that while I was reading this whole thread, 'Bad Moon Rising' by Creedence Clearwater started playing on my Spotify.

I think that enough explains the situation that is going to arise with these words. I swear, politics and the MSM are growing more and more addled by the day. Makes me want to hug my guns closer rather than give them away.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join