It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones life Threatened On National TV

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I believe we NEED to protect our 2nd amendment rights... Family Guy had it right..

edit on 10-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Didn't Jones encourage violence with his "it will be 1776 again if you try to take away our guns yeeeeehawwwwwwwww" nutjob rant?

That and he is apparently really unamerican for not supporting freedom of speech...Deport anyone who disagrees with him seems to be his logic.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blahable

Didn't Jones encourage violence with his "it will be 1776 again if you try to take away our guns yeeeeehawwwwwwwww" nutjob rant?

That and he is apparently really unamerican for not supporting freedom of speech...Deport anyone who disagrees with him seems to be his logic.

Actually I've heard Jones say he does not wish for there to be violence but gun grabs are just a whole other animal.

This is true and it is why the second amendment is an unalienable right.

As far as freedom of speech goes, foreigners and their media doesn't have the same rights because of something called 'subversion'. Look it up.

The founding fathers were genius to think of all of these things. THey fought damn hard to declare independence from a monstrously tyrannical British empire and give us the bill of rights.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I do love the hypocrisy here on ATS.

So a somewhat tongue in cheek comment was made..... "OMG someone is threatening to shoot Alex. How dare they say such a thing! It's disgusting! Have them arrested immediately. They are terrorists".

But you're all happy to make thinly veiled "threats" on various other threads, on a public worldwide forum, and if someone (a mod/member) has to come along and say;
"Hang on, you just made threatening comments towards People from other countries, People of certain religions, The President, The Queen, The National Guard, The Government, Homosexuals, People of Colour etc etc, that's bang out of line".

You would be screaming at the top of your lungs "I HAVE THE RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH, YOU CANNOT CENSOR ME".

If you really believe this is a threat and that Alex's life is in mortal danger, then you truly have bought into all the fear that your Government and Media feeds you on a daily basis.

edit on 10-1-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingsquirel
One other thing that keeps popping up. Is when did Main Stream Media become bias and impartial and having an agenda? I am trying to put my finger on the time frame per se, as their jobs "used" to be (fair and balanced) news, and letting the audience decide ((their) opinions

And is not CNN liable if something did happen to AJ

The truly scary thing is the media at one time was used as a tool to help citizens of the U.S., but now its pretty obvious that it has become a tool against

edit on 9-1-2013 by kingsquirel because: (no reason given)

I think for many decades if not always but they maintained, or tried to maintain a veneer of legitimacy. Now it's all sensationalism and the bias is unmasked. It's probably for the better since it's always been used as propaganda anyway.

I think Jones was just fine. People accusing him of making people look bad.. who? How could anyone look worse than those fake shriveled faces on the MSM with their thick makeup and empty voices who speak endless lies and present edited fake video and tow the state line? How could anyone be more insane and disgusting than that? I don't understand why people say Jones is insane. What does he say that's crazy? Is being alive and passionate the definitely of insanity now? I guess so in a world where everyone is incapable of individual thought. There are over 100 million gun owners in America. What organization of 100+ million has a single person who represents them? Nobody should consider AJ their "leader" everyone has to be their own leader. Then you can go on the fake show and deal with it however you want. Participating in a fake show like morgan's bs outlet just lends credibility to THAT show in my opinion. It's all BS.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kingsquirel

Yupper. Just the fact that you have 3 people on screen pushing not-so veiled threats against Alex Jones and no charges being filed against said people is proof that the system is broken. If your average Joe said anything like that on TV, they would be in jail before their feet hit the sidewalk. Canada has never looked better.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blahable

*face palm*

Thats all that comment deserves.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
On a further note, I wonder if Piers Morgan is associated with any UK mafia...??

No just the Staines massive aight!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Suspiria

I particularly liked the bit where he was ranting about banning Knives in the UK. The guy seemed to be under the impression we were all going to have to hand in our kitchen cutlery.

A team from West Middlesex University Hospital said violent crime is on the increase - and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings.

They argued many assaults are committed impulsively, prompted by alcohol and drugs, and a kitchen knife often makes an all too available weapon.

The research is published in the British Medical Journal.

The researchers said there was no reason for long pointed knives to be publicly available at all.

They consulted 10 top chefs from around the UK, and found such knives have little practical value in the kitchen.

Doctors' kitchen knives ban call

Well..........

Citing a silly article over 5 years old neither brings anything to the table or took anything out of our kitchens.

Home Office spokesperson said there were already extensive restrictions in place to control the sale and possession of knives. "The law already prohibits the possession of offensive weapons in a public place, and the possession of knives in public without good reason or lawful authority, with the exception of a folding pocket knife with a blade not exceeding three inches.

"Offensive weapons are defined as any weapon designed or adapted to cause injury, or intended by the person possessing them to do so. "An individual has to demonstrate that he had good reason to possess a knife, for example for fishing, other sporting purposes or as part of his profession (e.g. a chef) in a public place.

"The manufacture, sale and importation of 17 bladed, pointed and other offensive weapons have been banned, in addition to flick knives and gravity knives." A spokesperson for the Association of Chief Police Officers said: "ACPO supports any move to reduce the number of knife related incidents, however, it is important to consider the practicalities of enforcing such changes."

In short, you may not wander the streets like Rambo... Not exactly a hardship that.
I bet they didn't ask all our celebrity chefs what they thought.....I don't think there is even one of them that doesn't flog a knife set with their names on it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

reply to post by woodwardjnr

Playing to your own audience is one thing, we can also be passionate about something without coming across as a lunatic. He should have taken that moment to reach a wider audience by being coherent. Hell even I might have warmed to him. He didn't, so what's the point in preaching to the already converted?.

Agreed, 110%

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
People who want to kill other people will always find a way to do so ... the call for gun control is targeting semi automatic assault rifles... and to that, Piers has a point.. who actually needs that? ... I don't care if they ban them or not .. but despite that, it still remains that it won't solve the problem ... banning them will do nothing.

If someone has a psychotic episode and they want to act it out in a school but assault rifles are banned? they'll buy hand guns... shot guns, hunting rifles... knives... baseball bats.. their bare hands!

The problem here in the US is not the weapons it's the people... people with mental health issues aren't being noticed or treated properly... The key to solving this kind of thing is to identify and treat people before they go off the hook and commit acts of extreme violence... frankly I'm stunned that this key aspect is ignored... the knee jerk reaction is to ban the weapon used and not try to look at WHY it was used.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

The Second Amendment guarantees our right to weapons, ANY weapons. Once we start banning weapons, we lose the chance to defend ourselves against Tyranny. Before ANYONE says it cant happen, think again.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." ~ Mao

30-40 million people didn't have the chance to tell Mao if he was right or wrong......

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I particularly liked the bit where he was ranting about banning Knives in the UK. The guy seemed to be under the impression we were all going to have to hand in our kitchen cutlery.

you sound like it is a big joke and nothing like that could ever happen. well i hate to burst your happy bubble, but IT HAS HAPPENED in the past. after Japan surrendered in ww2 the US WAS CONFISCATING KNIVES from the public. INCLUDING CUTLERY, like bread knives. my grandfather was involved with that. so don't laugh as if "it could never happen" as it already has happened at least once in fairly recent history.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by generik

you sound like it is a big joke and nothing like that could ever happen. well i hate to burst your happy bubble, but IT HAS HAPPENED in the past. after Japan surrendered in ww2 the US WAS CONFISCATING KNIVES from the public. INCLUDING CUTLERY, like bread knives. my grandfather was involved with that. so don't laugh as if "it could never happen" as it already has happened at least once in fairly recent history.

Alright, I'll keep my eye out for the US confiscating my breadknife then.

Is that before or after they drop a nuke on my head?

Ok, now you've gone and burst my happy bubble, I'll go sit under the stairs rocking my precious cutlery like a baby. They'll never take ma bebehs!
edit on 10-1-2013 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Citing a silly article over 5 years old neither brings anything to the table or took anything out of our kitchens.

Sorry, but it still stands.

There ARE those wanting to ban Knives, regardless if its 5 or a 20 years old article..

Plenty of Country's have laws on them.

Knife legislation is defined as the body of statutory law and/or case law promulgated or enacted by a government or other governing jurisdiction that prohibits, criminalizes, or restricts the otherwise legal manufacture, importation, sale, transfer, possession, transport, and/or use of knives.[1]

The carrying of knives in public is forbidden or restricted by law in many countries. Exceptions may be made for hunting knives, pocket knives, and knives used for work-related purposes (chef's knives, etc.), depending upon the laws of a given jurisdiction. In turn, the carrying or possessing of certain type of knives perceived as deadly or offensive weapons such as automatic or switchblade knives or butterfly knives may be restricted or prohibited. Even where knives may be legally carried on the person generally, this right may not extend to all places and circumstances, and knives of any description may be prohibited at airports, schools, public buildings or courthouses, or at public events.

Knife legislation

Its "silly" to think that there are people that don't have an agenda, at controlling every aspect of human living, and are willing to pass it off as a "controlled measure" with an approach that it will save lives.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
What about having an agenda so people actually feel safe enough to walk the streets at night without having some idiot kid come at you with a Bowie knife?

I used to walk around with a flick knife down my boot as a late teen for my own safety, ooooh back in the day before *we had our guns taken off us*. With knife legislation I don't bother. Got more chance of being glassed on a saturday night than being stabbed with a knife....any damn knife.

If you think a few A&E NHS doctors are either part of some paranoid agenda or listened to by Government...Well

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I followed the entire story -- from Alex' shouting match with Piers Morgan (in which, though I'd agree with him, he came across like a lunatic), to Morgan's follow-up, to Alex's video from the hotel room, to Alex's follow-up on his show the next day.

While I found the whole thing excessively entertaining, I can't say who I think is more ridiculous--Piers Morgan with his "holier than thou" attitude, or Alex who is now getting so paranoid that on his Alex Jones Show, he basically crafted his own eulogy... you know, in the spirit of "If I get run over by a car or shot by cops, you'll know what happened to me... it so saddens me... I'll be a martyr... it has been great all these years, but now, whatever happens to me..." After a while I had to stop the video because I couldn't take this drivel anymore.

Unfortunately I have to say, they're both truly pathetic individuals.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join