It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones life Threatened On National TV

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Never mind, it wasn't very nice.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23
I think to make out this was some kind of credible threat against Alex Jones is a gross manipulation....all I see is some satirical comments and very poor taste in humour.

There was a time when news media reported the news.....now they create it!

Do you think the comments were in jest? Or maybe the shooting comment was tounge in cheek?

Do you think the obama phone lady understands what tounge in cheek means?

You are looking at the comment only from how you see it, try looking at how others saw the comments delivered.

Not everyone is a bright as yourself

National mianstream media placed itself on a pedistool, a mainstream dream vision of how society should be run, well society isnt like how mainstream portrays and this will be its own undoing IMHO.

As for the explicit title, well I had a good teacher

edit on 9-1-2013 by TheMindWar because: Typo

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I find the CNN responses really interesting. Some people don't even understand the liberties and freedom their country was built on. The constitution does not give them a small sliver of rights, that they must earn. The constitution is a jail room for government, limiting government in what it can do. The people have sovereign and inalienable infinite rights. They're free and very entitled.

Just read this and shivered.

www.cnn.com...

why is restricting something considered punishment? Citizens in this country think they are entitled. You have to prove you are worthy of entitlement. You may never speed but there are speed limits, you may never drink and drive but there are checkpoint-like the song says freedom isn't free-it also combined with responsibility so follow the rules get your gun and shut up. Or like I've said I'm thinking many people don't want these rules 'cause maybe they would be allowed to have a gun.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryAlien

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
that wasn't a threat

"Pop him" does not mean shoot him
It might imply it but it doesn't say it. Could mean punch him.

So if it were president Obama in the same seat as Alex Jones, and someone said they should "Pop him". would the secret service inverstigate it?

Yes.

Absolutely.
This calls for more government intervention.
So I agree.

Not sure if you realize how counter-productive, convoluted and asinine it all is but hey, if someone doesn't like the government (AJ) and wants the right to scream about it via a bullhorn and now might need the help of his own government to bring down the people who threaten him, you won't hear me saying that's hypocritical.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Never mind, it wasn't very nice.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

I have to admire a member with self control

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It appears that the only one who threatens with violence and have very "ill"-fantasy about gun-control are the liberals. I haven't heard any Gun-owner saying that "they will kill any anti-gun people"or go after these people.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Not sure if you realize how counter-productive, convoluted and asinine it all is but hey, if someone doesn't like the government (AJ) and wants the right to scream about it via a bullhorn and now might need the help of his own government to bring down the people who threaten him, you won't hear me saying that's hypocritical.

But you will be giving the impression that you think it, won't you? It would be nice if you could at least represent the situation accurately rather than allow yourself to be inaccurate in order make a sarcastic point. Alex does not need "the help of his own government", nor does he not "like" the government. He has not asked the police to investigate this threat because he KNOWS that the request would not get anywhere. It was made as a very poor joke. Alex fights against the elite who control the career politicians in government. He is beyond liking and disliking governments per se.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Originally posted by Logos23
I think to make out this was some kind of credible threat against Alex Jones is a gross manipulation....all I see is some satirical comments and very poor taste in humour.

There was a time when news media reported the news.....now they create it!

Do you think the comments were in jest? Or maybe the shooting comment was tounge in cheek?

Do you think the obama phone lady understands what tounge in cheek means?

You are looking at the comment only from how you see it, try looking at how others saw the comments delivered.

Not everyone is a bright as yourself

National mianstream media placed itself on a pedistool, a mainstream dream vision of how society should be run, well society isnt like how mainstream portrays and this will be its own undoing IMHO.

As for the explicit title, well I had a good teacher

edit on 9-1-2013 by TheMindWar because: Typo

I suppose the problem with being English and watching the clip showing the "threat" is that satire is a great British tradition here.....our humour contains LOTS of irony and sarcasm....so that's how I perceive and interpret what I saw.
But if you are saying that that isn't how it was intended by those who delivered it because the American people don't use satire much in their culture so they wouldn't understand it, then who am I to argue..... but I'm still not getting it even though I am trying!
lol

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Alex Jones threatened a civil war so..........

How many did our last one kill? 500,000 Americans...

edit on 9-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You've got to love laughing at America.. They even laugh at themselves and don't even know why.

What a joke.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure all the right wingers understand that the guy was not being serious...

But since he is a liberal, and this board is full of right wing extremists, they'll pretend like they don't get it and make him out to be evillllllll.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Ah. ok, gotcha now.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So it's ok for Jones to be aggressive and make threats about punching Morgan and threatening a revolution yet when Morgan makes makes a tongue-in-cheek joke everyone loses their mind?

ATS= DEFINE IGNORANCE

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Idiocy shining on both sides.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Playing to your own audience is one thing, we can also be passionate about something without coming across as a lunatic. He should have taken that moment to reach a wider audience by being coherent. Hell even I might have warmed to him. He didn't, so what's the point in preaching to the already converted?.

This is surely not the first time Alex has "lost" it. His companions in the quest for truth must did give him the advice to stay coherend and civilized when being interviewed. Alex is a smart man and must know they are right.

Alex is an experianced frontman and should be aware of these pointers and that such a poor performance will only cause damage to their cause.

So, I ask myself why does step into his own trap time after time again?

Can it be that he is a certified idiot...?

edit on 9/1/2013 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I didn't see it as an actual threat. I'm sure most viewers didn't either.
Like I said, its not like he would be shot on live television or that PM would actually have a boxing match.
Of course I'm no fan of his and take Piers side on the gun issue.
I do agree with you that a threat is a threat and possibly the man who said it should apologize and say he really didn't mean it. I'm sure he didn't. It was said in jest but was in poor taste.
An actual threat though? No.

ETA
Alex was threatening a revolution and at times hinted at wanting these weapons to defend himself against authorities. He recommended others do the same. Maybe every police officer in the country should say they were threatened? In my opinion they were.
edit on 9-1-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
come on man, they are taking shots at his kids now? there is no humor in that. wake up

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I don't know, with the way they have some people programmed, and the kind of "orders" that could be perceived as passed in the media, and this mention of his kids previous, that hopefully they won't be hurt. A comment I found very odd. Not sure if I could safely say, that the idea hasn't come to me, that an order was just given, or some kind of message was put out. And prayers won't hurt this situation, for his safety. And paying attention, standing up with him, for liberty. Numbers! That won't hurt either.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join