A New Interpretation (The message confiscated by the church)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The spiritual but not religious likely to face mental health issues, drug use, study says

religion.blogs.cnn.com...
edi t on 10-1-2013 by BeenieWeenie because: added info.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeenieWeenie
The spiritual but not religious likely to face mental health issues, drug use, study says

religion.blogs.cnn.com...
edi t on 10-1-2013 by BeenieWeenie because: added info.

I do not consider myself spiritual or religious. I consider myself a follower of Christ. What you say does not even pertain to me. Just because I believe in an interpretation that was given to me by the Holy Spirit and not a Pastor does not mean I follow blindly. It is the man following the Pastor who is following blindly. What you believe in defines you.

I would say that most people that call themselves spiritual would also call themselves undefined. If they have no definition to their life than what you say about them is true.

I follow something that is defined. I follow love and the bible has defined love in plain, easy to understand, language. And what is not disclosed plainly in the bible is found in the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

That is a great thing that you haven given yourself to love, I have given myself over to love as well. That's exactly what Jesus did, you and he aren't that different you know. Lots of have people have had perfect love and given themselves to love, not just Jesus. Jesus was only better at expressing his love through words than most others, that doesn't mean he could have resurrected from the dead.

Both Gandhi and Buddha had perfect love yet they were mortal just like everyone else and their message still rings as true to Buddhists as Jesus' does to Christians. So the question is why would god break the laws of reality (for only a few to see) to have to "prove" Jesus' words were true? Don't the words speak for themselves? It's not a logical concept at all once you actually think about it before accepting it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The people who are not interested enough to read the bible make some startling revelations . They listen to and hear what they want rather than study the Bible . The claim that there was no resurrection is funny . If you read Matthew chapter 27 verse 53 they would find that more than Jesus was resurected at that time . This would be hard to deny back then and the Jews would have would have done so if it were possible except for all the old dead Saints walking about to reinforce the resurection .
So many times mans limited mind will destroy him .

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

People that call themselves Christians don't do as Christ commanded. What makes you think that everyone can see the truth for themselves? If all could see the truth as you suggest than we should have already achieved a world of peace and togetherness. Instead we have wars and separation.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

You are right we as Christians do not follow Christ as we should . John 15 deals with that . About the resurection there is no salvation unless Jesus was resurected .

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I agree most Christians don't follow Jesus' true message because they follow what the church teaches and the main focus of the church is that Jesus died for our sins then rose from the dead. That's the point of the church, to teach that faith in Jesus rising from the dead saves you from hell. Paul invented the concept and thus created the church, so I find his writings suspicious.

Where did I imply that everyone could see the truth? I'm not even sure where that came from honestly.

Paul is the starting point of the churches teachings, which has since separated into over 40,000 denominations, so that's one thing that points toward the church diluting the meaning which in turn doesn't help with hate and then war. Religion (the big 3) in general has been behind a lot of war and much of today's wars are with religious interests behind them.
edit on 10-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

You are right we as Christians do not follow Christ as we should . John 15 deals with that . About the resurection there is no salvation unless Jesus was resurected .

I agree with you on the resurrection. What I am saying is only slightly different than you. If you could fully understand what I am saying than maybe you would see the truth. I don't know how else to break the grip that religious dogma has on people. I ask you to use logic and reason.

Either the church is right, we are all trapped in our sin and simply believing that Christ is the son of God, who died and was raised for our salvation will somehow save us upon our death.

Or I am right. Jesus Christ died on the cross so that we may die with him and be raised a new man free from our trap. Capable of defeating our sin through the very power of the cross. There is no reason to wait for your salvation. Salvation is free to all men today, if you choose to believe in the message that was given me by the Holy Spirit.

I have not diminished Christ, instead I have elevated him far above the Christ you believe in. My Christ can free you from your sins today. Your Christ has left you in your sin until your physical body dies. Which Jesus speaks love, the one that free you today or the one that only sets you free when you die?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

So you being a branch on his vine and remaining and following in his word is not following his message? That doesn't make any sense, if anything it proves my point even more. Are the branches separate from the vine? Isn't one dependent on the other to grow the fruit? The branch may not be able to bear fruit without the vine but the opposite is also true.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I agree most Christians don't follow Jesus' true message because they follow what the church teaches and the main focus of the church is that Jesus died for our sins then rose from the dead. That's the point of the church, to teach that faith in Jesus rising from the dead saves you from hell. Paul invented the concept and thus created the church, so I find his writings suspicious.

Where did I imply that everyone could see the truth? I'm not even sure where that came from honestly.

Paul is the starting point of the churches teachings, which has since separated into over 40,000 denominations, so that's one thing that points toward the church diluting the meaning which in turn doesn't help with hate and then war. Religion (the big 3) in general has been behind a lot of war and much of today's wars are with religious interests behind them.

I agree with everything you said except, Paul is misinterpreted, he only spoke the truth. And despite what the church said Paul had nothing to do with today's church. His idea of church was a group of people getting together sharing the Lord's Supper. In Paul's church there was no preacher, the elder's job was more to look after the people than to preach. The elder was a working man who provided for his family without taking money friom the church. All money went to help those in need, not to building a bigger church building or paying wages to people for sharing something that does not belong to them. It was more like a family getting together for the Holidays. Only in his church people did this much more often.

I have provided you verses that show that God wanted you to be aware that these people would confiscate the truth about Paul's message. This false interpretation of Paul was predicted 2000 years ago. And it remains the foundation of the Christian Church.

Sin is the power that the church has over a man. If everyone believed what I believe than the church as we know it would disappear.
edit on 11-1-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Are you speaking of reincarnation? The resurrection does symbolize reincarnation in ways. We die then "three days later" we are resurrected or reincarnate into another body within this universe, a.k.a. the kingdom of god.

If you agree he died that day and didn't resurrect into the same body three days later then I'm not sure where we're disagreeing? Yes his parables have hidden meaning that not everyone can truly understand and if you do, that unlocks the freedom of knowing you have life forever no matter what happens or what you believe in this life. Is that what you're saying? Because I believe that myself.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

John 15:9-17

9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

Jesus clearly says in the text that you yourself pointed out, that we are to love each other. And if we do so we will remain in his love. Sin is against love. If you sin you are against Christ, is it not fair to say that you do not remain in his love when you sin? Even if he continues to love you. Why would he say this so many times if he was not going to provide us a way to follow love the way he did?

The answer is, he has provided us a way to love perfectly like him. I may never achieve the perfection that he has called me to but I will never stop believing that this is his plan. Jesus has promised us that we can do the things he did, and I believe him.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Paul is the one who perpetuated the idea of Jesus rising from the dead, the crux of the whole faith and salvation message that he preached. If Jesus didn't rise from the dead three days later then his message is based on a lie. The words he spoke that make him look wise were plagiarized.

I highly encourage you to read the Gospels of Peace, you'll find teachings from Jesus himself on stuff you've maybe never heard of before. You'll even find verses that are supposed to be Paul's in them, word for word. If you read and listen to the words and then notice those glaring similarities between the two, you'll know they are the words of Jesus and that Paul plagiarized them.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

What makes you think you haven't reached that love Jesus had? You just said you gave yourself to love, that's exactly what Jesus did and is exactly what everyone can do if they choose.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Are you speaking of reincarnation? The resurrection does symbolize reincarnation in ways. We die then "three days later" we are resurrected or reincarnate into another body within this universe, a.k.a. the kingdom of god.

If you agree he died that day and didn't resurrect into the same body three days later then I'm not sure where we're disagreeing? Yes his parables have hidden meaning that not everyone can truly understand and if you do, that unlocks the freedom of knowing you have life forever no matter what happens or what you believe in this life. Is that what you're saying? Because I believe that myself.

I believe he was resurrected in the same body. As far as reincarnation goes, I have heard the argument that the bible supports it and although I disagree it does not conflict with what I believe.

I believe that the hell and judgment that is spoken of in the bible happens today. I also believe in a future day when all men will be under the law of love and we will all adhere to it. How exactly this happens or what this means for others I do not know.

You see I don't concern myself much with the past or the future, unless thier is a lesson to be learned about love.

What is possible in this life is to reach an understanding about love that frees us from our bondage to self. And thus frees us from our bondage to sin. The only way to become free is to have faith that God will set you free. It is this belief that in some ways refutes reincarnation and yet in others may support it.

We are always left with the question, what about those who never seem to choose love? The clear answer is I don't know. I am not the judge, I did not live their life. I will leave this up to the father. And if it is his will that those people come back through reincarnation than that is his will.

One of the messages that comes from Paul is that it matters very little if we differ in opinion about the meaning of some scripture. We should not separate ourselves based on disputable matters. It is only those who reject that love is the path to the father that we are to stay away from. Because anyone who through faith is trying to love like Chris is on the path to Holiness. What is important is that we live a holy life pleasing to the lord.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

What makes you think you haven't reached that love Jesus had? You just said you gave yourself to love, that's exactly what Jesus did and is exactly what everyone can do if they choose.

I know I haven't because anger is still in me. Although for the most part it has been eliminated by love. There are times when my reactions prove that I have yet to fully master my anger. The spirit is teaching me and I believe together with the spirt we will overcome.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

So you believe what the church teaches. If you believe he resurrected then how do you agree with me on the resurrection? I disagree with it, I made that clear with what you agreed with.
Can you clarify?

ETA: Nevermind that part, you weren't replying to me when you said that.

Maybe the day that "man" lives under the law of love is after some huge cataclysm where when life resumes everything lives in harmony. There will be no greed or war, think of a planet that doesn't have humans on it. That is Eden that Genesis speaks of, it is heaven. Earth could be heaven but man chooses greed over love. That greed has turned Earth into hell.

Maybe the reason you reincarnated on this planet is to spread your message so others can understand? I believe that for myself as well, though I think your belief is still clinging onto the churches teachings so it is not exactly pure so to speak. I'm not trying to be rude with that, it's just my opinion.
edit on 11-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

You do not call for god by saying things in your mind. You call out to god by action, need and what is in your heart/core. God knows where he is wanted and will respond without there need to be said a single name or belief in a single man made religion. Who do you think understand god the best? The one who sees god thru conditioned information or the one who listens to what god tells you what god is?

Preconditioned indoctrination is more in the way to a personal relationship with god than not from my point of view since it forces god to put on a mask that humans have created. Sorry I do not like people/spirits who show up false fronts to please me. I want the mask less connection where everything is told without trying to make it sound better than it is.

You are still eating the apple of duality commiting the same sin over and over again that Adam and Eve had to leave paradise/the oneness for (even if the story is an alegory it still holds spiritual thruths). You either love duality or oneness/harmony with everything that can be one with you. The first one brings devide and conqurer and the second one being unity with everything that is. One is from your understanding the devil and one is from what you call god. Your religon in the hands of a dualistic mind creates duality.
edit on 10-1-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

Was that supposed to be in English??? Wow....how to address such.....

We speak to God by speaking to God. That isn't complicated. That is how Jesus told us to pray. Since Jesus is God, I think I will trust His words over yours. His make sense. Yours do not.

You claim to not like a mask, or a false front, but here you are supporting just that. Go figure....

There is no "harmony with everything". Such a concept isn't even logical in this world. Everything? Really? Did you even think what that would entail? You want to be in harmony with everything, do you? Everything includes every sort of criminal there is. Every sort of evil act. All of it. You cannot have harmony with opposing forces. That doesn't work.

Nothing you claim has any Biblical support at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Jesus had anger within him as well.

Mark 11

15 On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

Sounds like quite an outburst of anger doesn't it?

Matthew 12

34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.

He must have been pretty angry to call the Pharisees a brood of vipers.

It's okay to be angry but only as long as it is directed toward sin.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

No, but it was written by those in his employ. Luke and Mark never met or even spoke with Jesus, neither did Paul, yet they had the authority to dictate what he said even though they were never around when he said it? Come on, is it not obvious?

Both Mark and Luke are writers of the Gospel story, and they were certainly familiar with Jesus. Mark is the surname of one called John in most places. Surely that name is familiar to you.
edit on 11-1-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join