Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Pink Floyd plays over the 1969 moon landing broadcast live on the BBC

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I was just watching a Pink Floyd documentary and heard the BBC hired them to play live over the broadcast of the 1969 moon landing as it happened; so I did a search and found this clip:

I would like to hear the moon conspiracy theorists debunk the antigravitic effects evident on the moon buggy and astronauts on the video..

Would anyone have a link to the full broadcast of the moon landing? (In the UK or US.)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nOraKat
I was just watching a Pink Floyd documentary and heard the BBC hired them to play live over the broadcast of the 1969 moon landing as it happened

Presumably you're speaking of the Apollo 11 landing, but the video has clips from later missions.

Originally posted by nOraKat
Would anyone have a link to the full broadcast of the moon landing? (In the UK or US.)

For Apollo 11, start here....

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nOraKat

How many were supposed to be on the surface. If just two then the camera zooms in by itself at .19 in this video,

Did the jumping astronaut set the camera then moved into position. If so who zoomed in the camera.

1. A third astronaut.
2. remote zoom capabilities
3. Maybe it felll forward

Just an observation.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Thanks for the link.

---

Wow.. 6 separate manned missions to the moon in total! (Just looked it up. I never knew that. They didn't teach these important things to me in school..)

It is a pity, and it is very strange how the missions to the moon came to an abrupt end, and for so long!

---

Reply to Observationalist: I am not sure what clip your referring to, but in some cases cameras were attached to LEM (I think so, not sure) and controlled remotely like in the first landing.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nOraKat

I'm referring to the Pink Floyd video you posted.

I see, further in the video we see the same zooming in on the two coming down the mountain.

I don't know how many were on the surface on this mission. I thought only two.
But it makes sence that they had some remote ability to move the camera.

It's a great video by the way, some different scenes that I have not seen before.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observationalist
But it makes sence that they had some remote ability to move the camera.

Yes, remote control from earth was done.
Here, for example, is the Apollo 17 liftoff, as zoomed and panned by Ed Fendell, back on earth.

top topics

join