Whale wars Paul Watson resigns

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
sry if this has been posted .. I did a search and didnt see it

well i really like this show.. BUt I think these guys were dangerous..

risking humans to save whales made no sense to me
www.cnn.com...

Whale Wars" TV conservationist Paul Watson quit his conservation society Tuesday because of a recent federal court injunction against him and his group's anti-whaling activities.

Last month, the Japanese research foundation Institute of Cetacean Research and the Japanese firm Kyodo Senpaku Kaisha Ltd. secured a U.S. District Court injunction against Watson and his Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, according to the institute's website.

The injunction prohibits Watson and his group from coming within 500 yards of the plaintiffs on the open sea, according to a copy of the court document on the institute's website.

Watson has become renowned for his attempts to disrupt Japanese whalers on the open water through Animal Planet's "Whale Wars" TV show.

edit on 9-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I agree.

And the Japanese whalers are not breaking any laws. The whale activists are criminals.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryNorris

and there was seriously dangerous things goin on.. hell they almost crashed the ships a couple times.. They coulda sank both ships and killed 100s of people. over whales...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I just went to the Sea Shepard site. Watson stepping down is in title and paycheck only. Whale Wars will continue to air. It seem that the Injunction thrown down by the ninth circuit court while valid against Paul Watson, is not valid against an Australian Vessel. There is no doubt in my mind it will be as exciting and dangerous as ever.

new topics

join