It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ok now this just makes me mad!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Recently while watching the comedy channel I saw a clip of Jerry Falwell saying something like, Lets kill them all, all the terrorists in the name of God! What a moron! Jerry Falwell sees himself as a religious man. How is he any different than the terrorist who believe it is ok to kill others in the name of Allah? Anybody got a link to this because I searched and could not find one but believe me I heard him say something similar to what I wrote and I think its sick! Plus it was not just what he said but the way he said it, he looked IMO positively gleeful about it.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well look at what channel you saw it on

Just take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Well look at what channel you saw it on

Just take it with a grain of salt.

No it was real and the clip was taken from news footage, someone on one of their shows was making a comment about it. I read somewhere he said it on that religious channel, can't recall which one but apparently he said it, its not made up.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The clip was from CNN.

Here's a transcript:

transcripts.cnn.com...

FALWELL: I'd rather be killing them over there than fighting them over here, Jesse. And I think you would...

JACKSON: Let's stop the killing and choose peace. Let's choose negotiation over confrontation.

FALWELL: Well, I'm for that too. But you've got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops. And I'm for the president to chase them all over the world. If it takes 10 years, blow them all away in the name of the Lord.

JACKSON: That does not sound Biblical to me. And that sounds ridiculous.

FALWELL: Well, when they kill my family and blow those towers down -- and right now, who knows between now and November 2? We know what they did in Spain, in Australia. I look for it here.

I'd rather be shooting them over there than shooting them over here.

JACKSON: But those killers came from Afghanistan and bin Laden, who have not been pursued. They did not come from Iraq.

FALWELL: I don't care where they came from. We...

JACKSON: Well, it's important that you do know that bin Laden was the issue, not Saddam Hussein. Reverend Falwell, we're on the wrong agenda. Those who killed us came from Afghanistan. Bin Laden is still on the loose.

I can't find a clip.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
it's idiots like that who don't realise that allah and god are the one and the same - the god of abraham. So you would have two sides fighting pointlessly for the same god!

Religion is bunk. It's time to remove people like this from public life forever and keep religion a private, personal affair. Airing junk like this just continues violence and hate.

drfunk

[edit on 27-10-2004 by drfunk]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
God, I can't believe I am about to defend Jerry Fartwell...But it would appear that CC was showing the quote out of context. His actual comment from the link by Ace:

But when you consider the barbaric act we just uncovered in the last 24 hours, the Iraqi soldiers murdered, they weren't insurgents. They were barbarians who did that. You don't shoot people in the back of the head and kill people, men, women and children.

And the president's doing the right thing. He's looking for them, he's searching them out. He's killing them when he finds them. And that's the only cure for barbarians.

If you read the entire interview he is talking about extremists, specifically the ones who killed the 40+ Iraqi soldiers. He then goes on to talk about hunting down all terrorists who seek to harm others.

Guess Jerry's on a short leash these days.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
The clip was from CNN.
Here's a transcript:

transcripts.cnn.com...

.FALWELL: Well, I'm for that too. But you've got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops. And I'm for the president to chase them all over the world. If it takes 10 years, blow them all away in the name of the Lord."

[edit on 27-10-2004 by AceOfBase]

Thanks AceOfBase. This is what they had a clip of him saying. Either way you read it Falwell is nuts IMO. He is using the same kind of logic the terrorist are and can't see it.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
A lot of other people try to hide it, but they feel the same way.

There are a lot of ignorant people in the world.

Many of them are educated, have nice jobs, wear 3-piece-suits, have a lot of money and still aren't intelligent.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I heard that interview. Al Sharpton is not a very good speaker (off the cuff at least), but Jerry wasn't crazy the whole interview.

They both had some good points, but they were also relatively poorly informed.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Hmm.

Poorly informed? That's a matter of opinion.

Rokgodes

top topics

join