It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly disease a 'good thing' for kids, author claims.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

A BOOK promoting the "marvellous" health benefits of potentially fatal measles should be taken off the shelves, doctors say.
Melanie's Marvelous Measles is an anti-vaccination book aimed at children. It claims – despite evidence that measles can kill and cause brain damage – that it's a "good thing" to have.

The Australian Medical Association said the suggestion was wrong and misleading and that publishers "should be ashamed of themselves".

On the cover of the book ‘Melanie' is happily playing in the garden and showing off a rash on her belly. In the story, she is home with measles and her friend Tina is worried – but her mother reassures her.

Bare with me here, this is my first thread!

All afternoon I've been reading threadds about the dangers of being vaccinated and thne on News.com.au an article arises about the dangers of NOT letting these kids have the injections.

AMA President Steve Hambleton said only the "crazies" thought that it would be better to get a disease than be vaccinated.

"They should be ashamed of themselves," he said.

"Last time I saw a kid with measles with the rash they were carried into the surgery and the child looked like a rag doll. The mother was terrified.

"It's still fatal. About one in 10,000 children will die because of encephalitis. Carrot juice won't save you."

Dr Hambleton said no child with measles would be able to play in the garden.

Do you think this is too much to have a book promoting not being immunised?
Personally, I believe it does more harm than good to inject children. Just like the African kids who had the injections then were paralyzed. But, this book might be taking it a bit far. Thoughts?

Source - News.com.au

Please move this to the correct board, I somehow don't think this is the right one....!

edit on 8-1-2013 by samuel1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

edit on 9-1-2013 by kimish because: mmr is the only good vaccine

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
People invented these injections for a reason. Some people just got to lighten up and swallow their conspiracy theories.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Why is this in the cryptozoology forum?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by iCEdTenG
Why is this in the cryptozoology forum?

Because unicorn-horn injections makes you resist any pathogen!

new topics

top topics

join