It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones is selling POISON - literally!. Product contains Lead, Aluminum, Arsenic, and Mercury!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
As you can see he is always shilling for some product called Tangy Tangerine.

But Tangy Tangerine contains all of these nasty metals that AJ harps about the Illuminati is trying to kill you with.

Total hypocrisy....

Toxicity of these substances;

Lead - dangerous at ANY amount - damages brain

But we now know that lead's effects go far beyond just IQ. Not only does lead promote apoptosis, or cell death, in the brain, but the element is also chemically similar to calcium. When it settles in cerebral tissue, it prevents calcium ions from doing their job, something that causes physical damage to the developing brain that persists into adulthood.

www.motherjones.com...

Mercury -

Mercury damages the central nervous system, endocrine system, kidneys, and other organs, and adversely affects the mouth, gums, and teeth.

Exposure over long periods of time or heavy exposure to mercury vapor can result in brain damage and ultimately death.

Mercury and its compounds are particularly toxic to fetuses and infants.

Women who have been exposed to mercury in pregnancy have sometimes given birth to children with serious birth defects.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Aluminum -

Five population studies now link Alzheimer's disease to aluminum in drinking water. As early as 1885, aluminum was shown to be toxic to the nervous tissues of animals. Aluminum can also produce a degeneration of the nervous tissues in cats and rabbits that resembles in some ways that seen in the brains of human patients with Alzheimer's disease.

www.pspinformation.com...

Look at Alex go on about ALUMINUM causing brain damage in children, while he's selling a product that contains it....

edit on 8-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

"Did you know that an apple contains 3-5 mg of aluminum and trace amounts of lead, arsenic and mercury? Micro or trace minerals are essential for good health if they come from an organic or plant source. In contrast, if they come from an inorganic or metallic source, such as heavy metals, they are toxic. For example, iodine in an organic form is necessary for health. Non-organic or metallic iodine in the same amount can kill you."

"Organic trace minerals are not deposited in the body like inorganic forms of these elements.
Research shows that organic plant-derived trace minerals will actually replace the heavy metals deposited in the body. The heavy metals are then flushed from the body."

www.supremefulvic.com...

www.longevinst.org...

Science is power!
edit on 8-1-2013 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Alex Jones, Make a Million Dollars a Year Selling my

Vitamins
... that contains Lead, Aluminum, Arsenic, and Mercury...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You forgot to freak out about the trace quantities of cadmium, too.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Whats that thing on Ben's head?

Anyway, do you have a link to the label? I actually have this product.

I'm looking at the label and its different than the one you have posted.

For example, under "Other Ingredients:", the label you posted is exactly the same as on my container with the exception of "bee pollen". My label is missing this ingredient.

It doe say "Plant Derived Mineral Powder", but there is no double asterisk and there is no list of minerals.

If what Mark is saying is true, all jokes aside, I'll sue all involved.

edit on 8-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
While the concern about lead is valid, however, for the better part of 55 years, all of the environment of the world, every part that had a road and a car that ran, ultimately is poisoned by lead, and will take some years to clear from the environment, due to the fuel that was used.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

The website you linked is shilling for Tangy Tangerine

and is full of dis-info!!!!

The website claimed;

Lead is trace amounts may well. sooner or later. become an essential mineral.

Which is just not true, lead is extremely poisonous and we do not need it in our diet to survive. Why in the world would it ever become an essential mineral? It has no health benefits to us. But then again, you linked a website shilling for Tangy Tangerine.

www.longevinst.org...

Lead is a highly poisonous metal (regardless if inhaled or swallowed), affecting almost every organ and system in the body. The main target for lead toxicity is the nervous system, both in adults and children. Long-term exposure of adults can result in decreased performance in some tests that measure functions of the nervous system.[89] Long-term exposure to lead or its salts (especially soluble salts or the strong oxidant PbO2) can cause nephropathy, and colic-like abdominal pains. It may also cause weakness in fingers, wrists, or ankles. Lead exposure also causes small increases in blood pressure, particularly in middle-aged and older people and can cause anemia.

Exposure to high lead levels can severely damage the brain and kidneys in adults or children and ultimately cause death. In pregnant women, high levels of exposure to lead may cause miscarriage. Chronic, high-level exposure have shown to reduce fertility in males.[90] Lead also damages nervous connections (especially in young children) and cause blood and brain disorders. Lead poisoning typically results from ingestion of food or water contaminated with lead; but may also occur after accidental ingestion of contaminated soil, dust, or lead-based paint.[91]

It is rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream and is believed to have adverse effects on the central nervous system, the cardiovascular system, kidneys, and the immune system.[92] The component limit of lead (1.0 μg/g) is a test benchmark for pharmaceuticals, representing the maximum daily intake an individual should have. However, even at this low level, a prolonged intake can be hazardous to human beings

en.wikipedia.org...[

I don't think you're understanding the point of my post. Alex is always selling water filters to get rid of the "Lead, Aluminum, and Mercury"... but then goes and sells a product containing it.

I already know trace amounts of these substances are everywhere...and I'd rather eat an apple containing it than some processed poison vitamin powder.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Here is the label

www.globalyoungevity.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I will take the tangy tangerine over Donald Rumsfeld's aspertame infested sodas any day.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

I'm sure Alex will be selling a diet form of Tangy Tangerine full of aspartame soon.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I dont think youre understanding my post.
The Tangy Tangerine contains ORGANIC substances which are found in all sorts of food and can be processed by the human body.
Alex talks sometimes about how similiar chemicals are bad for you and hurting the public, which is correct, because they are inorganic forms. They dont add Mercury to the water, they add a chemical concoction that is artificial mercury, which is toxic to our bodies. Same with the other chemicals.

"Micro or trace minerals are essential for good health if they come from an organic or plant source. In contrast, if they come from an inorganic or metallic source, such as heavy metals, they are toxic. For example, iodine in an organic form is necessary for health. Non-organic or metallic iodine in the same amount can kill you."

And im not here to defend Alex, though I think its funny you post a Mark Dice video. If Alex is the crazy one, Dice is the douchebag sitting next to him.

You cant call Alex out for selling something WHICH CONTAINS SAFE, ORGANIC ELEMENTS while he talks about the dangers of TOXIC, INORGANIC CHEMICALS which are called the same thing for some reason, just because you dont understand the difference..

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
so after the man goes on cnn and creams all over piers and now the allegations roll in

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Interesting.

I went to the site that Im familiar with and found another label under "Supplement Facts".

youngevity.com...

This is label is identical to the one on my product.

Not saying that the label you posted isnt authentic, this would be crazy if true.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

And im not here to defend Alex, though I think its funny you post a Mark Dice video. If Alex is the crazy one, Dice is the douchebag sitting next to him.

They're just like one another. I don't like him either.

The Tangy Tangerine contains ORGANIC substances which are found in all sorts of food and can be processed by the human body.

Most of the arsenic found in apple juice was inorganic, I can only assume that Tangy Tangerine would probably be the same.

I don't think that site understands what the term organic means, has nothing to do with being "all natural"...it has to do with carbon atoms.

Lead forms a variety of compounds and exists in the environment in various forms.[12] Features of poisoning differ depending on whether the agent is an organic compound (one that contains carbon), or an inorganic one.[13] Organic lead poisoning is now very rare, because countries across the world have phased out the use of organic lead compounds as gasoline additives, but such compounds are still used in industrial settings.[13] Organic lead compounds, which cross the skin and respiratory tract easily, affect the central nervous system predominantly.[13]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Whatever "Plant Derived Mineral Powder" is---it pretty much covers most of the Periodic Table of Elements

That's not even an exaggeration.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If you sell a plant powder product and if the plants are fed with water that may contain these chemicals even in trace amounts you have to report that as a component of the product no matter how small a trace amount if you have any ethics.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I don't understand what you're trying to say. That is their website, that's the official nutrition label of Tangy Tangerine.

www.globalyoungevity.com...

www.gotminerals.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
Whatever "Plant Derived Mineral Powder" is---it pretty much covers most of the Periodic Table of Elements

That's not even an exaggeration.

Lol well at least there is Gold Silver and Platinum too and I see no one is bitching about them...

Plant stuff is bad for you for it has all those nasty Periodic Table of Elements in it.....

But ya it is almost funny...well at least he listed only the natural elements...

edit on 8-1-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

The first article you posted is contrary to almost everything we know about these dangerous metals.

The second link simply says that there are other sources besides Tangy Tangerine which contain higher levels of these toxic metals.

They even cite the FDA, EPA and GlaxoSmithKline.

Ironic how Alex has slammed these very institutions for telling us that mercury was not only safe but good for us...

Prisonplanet.com ~~~>

FDA Stuns Scientists, Declares Mercury in Fish to be Safe for Infants, Children, Expectant Mothers!

This FDA decision on mercury in fish has alarmed EPA scientists who called it “scientifically flawed and inadequate,” reports the Washington Post.

These toxic metals are present in nature because our environment has been polluted. These "naturally" occurring metals are just as dangerous.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
OP just give this post a read will you....

Originally posted by tehdouglas
"Did you know that an apple contains 3-5 mg of aluminum and trace amounts of lead, arsenic and mercury? Micro or trace minerals are essential for good health if they come from an organic or plant source. In contrast, if they come from an inorganic or metallic source, such as heavy metals, they are toxic. For example, iodine in an organic form is necessary for health. Non-organic or metallic iodine in the same amount can kill you."

"Organic trace minerals are not deposited in the body like inorganic forms of these elements.
Research shows that organic plant-derived trace minerals will actually replace the heavy metals deposited in the body. The heavy metals are then flushed from the body.
"

It was a good post, seems it was lost on you

top topics

<<   2 >>

join