It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Reality Check Video* Ben Swann breaks down Piers Morgan's UK vs US violence rate.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Americans seem to refuse to look at the cause of the gun problem, instead you just throw around contradicting stats trying to make everyone else look bad.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
LOL, other non first world countries with a lot of drug cartels have more gun violence than the US therefore gun violence in the US is not a problem. Blah, faux news is ran by idiots.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Odd that, because I work in Bradford every day and have close ties with the Police there, and its not as you describe at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
Americans seem to refuse to look at the cause of the gun problem, instead you just throw around contradicting stats trying to make everyone else look bad.

What is the cause of the gun problem? most gun deaths are gang related. Do you think gangsters and criminals get their guns legally? How about the link to anti-psychotic synthetic drugs with these mass shooters?

Its quite interesting how anxious the Brits get when they're put on the defensive.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by brookster18
Not wanting to sound too boring but i went to the gym to tone up my 1 pack and was reflecting on the US constitution which I know by heart being English and realised that it says its not a right but a DUTY of American citizens to overthrow a tyranical governemnt.

As such its your DUTY. My point being, are you up for that (you in the general sense)? And moreover, are you equipped.

So, PROOF that you need guns. In fact, when the constitution was written such that it was your right to form malitias to carry out your duty to resist tyranny it assumed that a millitia could resist the force of tyranny. But you cant, your not equipped. The government now has tanks and machine guins and aircraft.

THEREFORE - I see it as your duty as a citizen to request from the government the tools to carry out your duty and for the governemnt to ensure that every citizen has access to belt fed heavy machine guns, anti tank rifles, surface to air missiles, satelite communications, and a whole array of advanced weaponry. That makes sense because otherwise you, the citizen, are not equiped to carry out your duty.

I actually think I have a valid point. I also think the right to bear arms was more about in the like of a tyranical government as opposed to your home being invaded.

Apologise if this is the English thread and not one of the other 20 anti gun type threads, but I am English living in exile in the US from an evil tyranical British Governemnt that I can stop from destroying my life and burgling my home whenever they want to.

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." - Declaration of Independence, JULY 4, 1776

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
www.590kqnt.com...reply to post by eLPresidente

OOP'S
edit on 12-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
piers morgan said that Americans look at the british as smarter than they really are and love the english accent alot and that is why he is not only relying on that but he actually depends on that. that obtuse person who has a long history of lies, staged fake news, fake statistics, lack of intelligence, offensive attitude towards people and guests was able to obtain a visa to the our country. today, scientists, qualified professionals who would contribute to the economy find it difficult to come to the US, yet, a moron was able to obtain it. to be able to get a visa to come to the US, you have to have a clean record back in your home country, yet, I have no idea what scientific group does he actually represent?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Some people want to deport him. 25,000 people have signed a petition. A very small number from a population of 300+ million. A little funny too. They seem to LOOOOVE the constitution when it comes to guns, but hate it when it comes to freedom of speech. The failure of those who are pro-gun is in engaging in a conversation in the first place as they are only increasing the number of viewers of Piers Morgan's show.
I live in New Zealand, a country where the public don't have handguns. In our news you can learn that an airgun's pellet can kill a cop,
9 times out of 10 a NZ hunter in the woods is probably shooting at something that isnt a wild animal (a tree, a bush, a camper brushing their teeth, a friend),
and our police, given many shots, can't hit a drug dealer's rottweiller that is running around the neighbourhood less than ten metres away (a very embarrassing news video).
Our most recent massacre have involved a gun collector (David Grey in Aramoana)

Our most recent seige involved a drug dealer (Jan Molenaar).

America is a mess. Their freedom is a myth.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join