It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Reality Check Video* Ben Swann breaks down Piers Morgan's UK vs US violence rate.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

there will never be a complete gun ban. i don't know why people keep saying that when it's never even been considered.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Other than a guy a know burning a friends body after killing him to try and hide the body
i've no knowledge of serious stupidity around here

But generally around here theres very little trouble that cant be sorted by a good presence

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I have seen so many of this guy's videos online, yet he is on a local Cincinnati station.

WHY IS HE NOT ON NATIONALLY!!???!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It would be interesting if Piers Morgan commented on this video and these statistics.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I have seen so many of this guy's videos online, yet he is on a local Cincinnati station.

Better question why is he in Cincinnati?To quote Mark Twain

"When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati because it's always twenty years behind the times."

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
wish alex would've handled himself better but it's about what i would expect. love how ben always puts forth his best effort to get the facts out there.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

if he gives in and becomes a puppet he will be. hopefully that won't happen.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC

Originally posted by doubledutch
reply to post by TheMindWar

not true - if someone breaks into your house you can use reasonable force to stop them or get rid of them... if you have a shot gun handy and feel they will kill, you you can use it.

do your research

Really? When did this change?
Farm tenant arrested after burglars shot was 'plagued by break-ins'
03/09/2012
www.telegraph.co.uk...

In the UK, homeowners who defend themselves against burglars and violent criminals are routinely arrested and thrown in prison
www.naturalnews.com...

Tony Martin
en.wikipedia.org...(farmer)

Tony Martin's problem was being a bad shot. If he had shot and killed them in his house he would have not been sentenced.

Instead he wounded them with his first shot and followed Barras, who was crawling away, up the garden path held the gun to his head and pulled the trigger. With Fearon already taking to his heels down the road and Barras crawling away, Martin was no longer in danger of his life. That is why he was originally charged with murder.

He should have killed the thieving little pikeys with his first shot..
edit on 9-1-2013 by BritofTexas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

What a load of BS. Typical attempt to divert the issue.

"UK crime stats are not comparable because we do a better job of recording violent crime and label some crimes as violence others MAY not".

So, you do a better job of tracking crime but those crimes STILL EXIST. As for the concept that the UK has some types of violent crime that are not considered violence elsewhere? Complete BS.

It's very simple, go to the FBI crime stats page, the UK home office crime stats page, the Australia national crime stats page and do your own comparison. The fact is that while the US is showing a 50 percent reduction in crime these other "liberal gun free utopias" are both showing around 40 percent INCREASES in crime in the same time period.

Stop getting your stats and info from biased sources.
edit on 9-1-2013 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by eLPresidente

Can someone tell me why anyone is listening to Ben Swann anymore?

Wasn't he saying that Paul was winning the primaries, complete with his bogus charts, made up stats, and horrible inaccurate interpretation of the "rules"?

He has been wrong about absolutely everything he talks about, he is the Dick Morris of the Libertarians.

I think it has to do with everything you just wrote being a complete lie but that is just my interpretation. If you don't agree with him then start a thread and explain in detail where he lied and how otherwise you should think about having an open mind and not just attacking the people that you are told disagree with you.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

there will never be a complete gun ban. i don't know why people keep saying that when it's never even been considered.

You should tell the people talking about this debate and get them on the same talking points. The guy that suggested PM murder Alex Jones last night said he didn't know why people needed semi-assault weapons "MUCH LESS HANDGUNS".

If they keep slipping up and telling us what they really believe (lots of them here on ATS - mostly foreigners) saying the same thing. "Disarm the Americans, do it by force, shoot people who resist." -

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It is a shame that people will be awake enough to recognise twisted stats that go against their viewpoint, but happily clutch to and proclaim twisted stats that support their own viewpoint.

There is no reason to suppose that Swann is any more accurate that Morgan other than you WANT him to be.

Try digging into the context of those stats as another poster above has done with the UK figures for a truer picture.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ben Swann is a legend; what he's saying is what a lot of us have been saying, yet the anti-gun advocates continue to regurgitate their nonsensical arguments. It's "for the children!". Save the children and stop school shootings by banning guns! Etc.

So apart from the fact the U.S isn't close to the highest gun murder rate, for its very high gun-per-capita ranking; as it was also pointed out, 400 homicides by rifles each year. 400, yet that's what they want to ban first. If you can't see the agenda behind such an action, I have no words for you.

The stats speak for themselves. Unfortunately for the anti-gun crowd, their brain doesn't work that way.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
It is a shame that people will be awake enough to recognise twisted stats that go against their viewpoint, but happily clutch to and proclaim twisted stats that support their own viewpoint.

There is no reason to suppose that Swann is any more accurate that Morgan other than you WANT him to be.

Try digging into the context of those stats as another poster above has done with the UK figures for a truer picture.

Are you saying that when your government records a violent crime that there is no victim? Then why are you defending that government?
edit on 1/9/2013 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by eLPresidente

Can someone tell me why anyone is listening to Ben Swann anymore?

Wasn't he saying that Paul was winning the primaries, complete with his bogus charts, made up stats, and horrible inaccurate interpretation of the "rules"?

He has been wrong about absolutely everything he talks about, he is the Dick Morris of the Libertarians.

You might want to research what exactly happened in the Republican primaries before you start typing. If he was/is wrong please put the correct information in front of our eyes so that we to may see the light.

But aside from that I listen to Ben Swann because he doesn't hope you take his word for it, he puts up on screen verifiable statistics and documents that after he his done you can research and make up your own mind. This is unlike what you do did which was more like unfounded, undocumented attempted character assassination.

I look forward to seeing the proof behind your assertions.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC

Originally posted by doubledutch
reply to post by TheMindWar

not true - if someone breaks into your house you can use reasonable force to stop them or get rid of them... if you have a shot gun handy and feel they will kill, you you can use it.

do your research

Really? When did this change?
Farm tenant arrested after burglars shot was 'plagued by break-ins'
03/09/2012
www.telegraph.co.uk...

In the UK, homeowners who defend themselves against burglars and violent criminals are routinely arrested and thrown in prison
www.naturalnews.com...

Tony Martin
en.wikipedia.org...(farmer)

it is in the process of changing or has changed very recently:

Householders who react with force when confronted by burglars are to get more legal protection, Justice Secretary Chris Grayling has said. "Grossly disproportionate" force will still be against the law in England and Wales, but the bar will be higher than the current "proportionate" force test.Text

link

and this

and this this one recently got this response from the judge who sentenced the shot burglars:

Burglars who break into country homes can expect to be shot at by their victims, a judge warned yesterday.

li nk

sorry if this is off topic, my point is that in the uk if you break into my house, and I feel threatened and have a shot gun handy, I can use it to shoot at you. I cant however follow you out of my house and shoot you as you run away... which is a shame because if someone did break into my house and threaten my family I would chase them and I would shoot them.
edit on 9-1-2013 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

...said most Germans in 1936.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thrustbucket

Couldn't agree more...just needs the proper catalyst. After that public opinion is easily manipulated.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

No I'm not saying that, and I'm certainly not defending them. I sometimes wonder what the hell people think they are reading

Does the saying "there are lies, damned lies and statistics" mean nothing you?

Instead of throwing numbers about with no context to give them meaning, look at what those stats are actually about, if you're interested.

Does the fact that Piers underestimated UK gun deaths and overestimated US ones really make any difference? Playing the numbers game is like saying that someone's death doesn't matter. How about WHY these crimes occur, yours and ours, that's more Interesting to me than whether they had a gun or a cricket bat.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
[spam link removed]

"the objective of the plan is that they want to portray Obama as a victim of racist hatred by the white gun owners, the people concerned about the Constitution, the people they consider fringe. They want to silence their critics, prove that talk show hosts are causing hatred, and that all gun owners are behind the recent shootings"

“God, this is just like a movie,” exclaimed CBS anchor Dan Rather as the first of the World Trade Center towers collapsed.

“Only, it’s the real thing.” he says.

"It’s people like you that are a threat to this country. I can only pray that Obama uses those FEMA camps to put you loons away…hopefully he can install some gas chambers and when you face your maker who happens to watch you all the time you can explain to him about your fear of being tracked by a government or how they blew up buildings to go to war to protect your freedom and liberty you so love."
edit on 1/10/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join