It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Reality Check Video* Ben Swann breaks down Piers Morgan's UK vs US violence rate.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
For all the people buying into Piers Morgan's numbers, here is the dissection of the figures on a global scale.

Is UK really all that Piers claims its cracked up to be?

Ben Swann breaks it down for you.

www.fox19.com...

edit on 8-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Ben Swann, Press Secretary of the Ron Paul administration, holding it down for freedom lovers world wide.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Ben Swann, Unofficial Press Secretary of the Ron Paul administration, holding it down for freedom lovers world wide.

Fixed it for ya.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
America, today the U.S. federal government wages illegal wars in Iraq and in Afghanistan, killing and maiming untold numbers of innocent civilians.

source : costsofwar.org...

Do you really think that a government which is capable of engaging in the cold blooded wholesale slaughter of innocent women and children, honestly cares about the safety or well-being of its own citizens.

America, tomorrow the U.S. federal government is planning to confiscate your firearms.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. " -- Thomas Jefferson, 1764

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." -- Mahatma Gandhi, "Gandhi, An Autobiography", M. K. Gandhi, page 372.

F.T.G.

edit on 9-1-2013 by seasoul because: "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." - Gandhi

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
At least someone has got it right. My mother in law has been burgled, my daughters boyfreind was mugged and we live in a villiage and and a small town.

Violent crime in the UK is out of control as a direct result of the nanny state trying to domesticate honest and decent people by making them unable to defend themselves.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

not true - if someone breaks into your house you can use reasonable force to stop them or get rid of them... if you have a shot gun handy and feel they will kill, you you can use it.

do your research

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
At least someone has got it right. My mother in law has been burgled, my daughters boyfreind was mugged and we live in a villiage and and a small town.

Violent crime in the UK is out of control as a direct result of the nanny state trying to domesticate honest and decent people by making them unable to defend themselves.

Where the hell do you live? Royston Vasey?
I know some bloke who got stabbed...It was a local lad who stabbed him ..still had butter on the knife.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Glad to see someone put out a news story like this.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Preacher76 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The dirty little secret is that less than 400 people were killed in America by rifles in 2011. A ban on semi automatic weapons will accomplish nothing in the big picture. It is all agenda based hype. The real issues that cause mass murders is largely ignored. The fact that American society is full of gangs and thugs running rampant is not being addressed which is part and parcel of the reason Americans feel the need to be armed to protect themselves and their families.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I know that many shootings don't get reported. I knew of a few gang shootings, where 3 people at one time got killed and others go wounded, but it never got reported.

I hear of shootings every other month. My cousin in Manchester actually owns a few guns, illegaly. Theres a huge market for weapons there, automatics, everything, even granades.

Only a few week ago, a girl and two guys got dragged to some woods in a car, girl got legs shot and the guys got killed...that wasnt reported...so yeah loads of things go unreported.

UK has a massive gang network, mostly ran by people of other countries like Eastern Europe. I think this is a huge part of why it goes unreported.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Many thanks to the OP for posting this,and a huge Thank you to Mr.Swann for keeping the truth out there for all!
second line

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec

The dirty little secret is that less than 400

people were killed in America by rifles in

A ban on semi automatic weapons will accomplish nothing in the big picture. It is all agenda based hype. The real issues that cause mass murders is largely ignored. The fact that American society is full of gangs and thugs running rampant is not being addressed which is part and parcel of the reason Americans feel the need to be armed to protect themselves and their families.

Lemme just say that again louder for everyone Jimmie....

This needs to be the tip of everyone's logic-spear when discussing this with your friends and families! This one figure clearly shows that the hype and fearmongering over scary-looking long guns is NOT REAL!

edit on 9-1-2013 by blamethegreys because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

It was the same crap leading up to the '94 ban.

They used drug dealing gang-bangers handguns as an excuse to go after rifles.

Only complete morons would fall for their tripe. Unfortunately the US is not experiencing a shortage of complete morons.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Ben Swann is the man.
Ben Swann is the man.
Ben Swann is the man.

This ambush by Morgan and that college professor what is his name? Torturitz? Its going to backfire and this is just the start of it. Ban guns because you'll have less gun violence. First - BS. The US has 1.6 million gang members, guns will enter the black market and they'll kill each other for the right to market those guns. They'll kill registered gun-owners to obtain them. Second - how obviously DECEPTIVE and MANIPULATIVE can he be? Lets only talk about gun deaths and lets ignore the outcome of citizens being disarmed. Britain is insanely violent and you don't even COME CLOSE to the violent nature of people in America. We would skyrocket to the #1 most violent nation on Earth and we'll be talking about 1000 people murdered or attacked PER DAY.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The figures are useless without context. In Britain violent crime is logged higher than other places for many reasons, because the likes of affray are automatically logged as violent crimes is the first. Then the drinking laws are lax, so you get a lot of late nite fighting in the weekends after too much beer is consumed. The legal age for buying alcohol at a bar is 18, so you get young people fighting particularly. There is an alcohol culture in Britain which is very strong, which means even younger people are bought beer by friends or relatives and go out looking for trouble. If you read more into these figures, you would know that alcohol was the driving force behind half of the recorded incidents(as was reported). Incidentally, because this is a known problem, there is a heavy police presence in town centres and are cameras are everywhere = high violence AND a high success in catching the trouble makers. I had my fair share of trouble as a teenager and the police don't miss a beat, particularly on weekends.

In response to the stats in this video, the Police Minister at the time of the report had this to say:

'These figures are misleading. Levels of police recorded crime statistics from different countries are simply not comparable since they are affected by many factors, for example the recording of violent crime in other countries may not include behaviour that we would categorise as violent crime. 'Violent crime in England and Wales has fallen by almost a half a peak in 1995(as guns have become more restricted, violent crime has halved? how odd) but we are not complacent and know there is still work to do.

It in fact stands to reason that an advanced, liberal nation like Britain has a skewed crime rate. What's considered violent crime- or just crime speaking more broadly- here does not go down as violent crime in less civilised nations, like Sudan or the USA. Tie that in with the binge drinking culture and you have your higher crime rate.

Guns would not reduce violent crime in the UK, nor would getting rid of them increase violent crime in America.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

A question comes to mind.Does anyone here think Piers Morgan will ever invite Ben Swan on his show for a real debate on guns.Ben would make him look like the biased.pompous fool he is.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have absolutely no doubts that Piers got exactly what he was looking for in spades by having the likes of A.J. on his show! Even though the producers were bawling their heads off over Jones' tirade they probably would have curled up and died had they contacted the NRA and had one of the younger and more articulate figures from that organization opposite Piers. Any one of them, with the exception of LaPierre who I think has been there entirely too long, probably would have had the information to skewer Piers with on the tip of their tongue and delivered with enough grace and sophistication to match Morgan's high-browed hubris.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch
reply to post by TheMindWar

not true - if someone breaks into your house you can use reasonable force to stop them or get rid of them... if you have a shot gun handy and feel they will kill, you you can use it.

do your research

Really? When did this change?
Farm tenant arrested after burglars shot was 'plagued by break-ins'
03/09/2012
www.telegraph.co.uk...

In the UK, homeowners who defend themselves against burglars and violent criminals are routinely arrested and thrown in prison
www.naturalnews.com...

Tony Martin
en.wikipedia.org...(farmer)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Does anyone know any figures for about how many people will become unemployed if a gun ban is placed on the US?

I figure if they do place a heavy ban on all firearms in the US, there will be a lot of people out of work. Since we do have a lot of gunsmiths, dealers and makers.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Can someone tell me why anyone is listening to Ben Swann anymore?

Wasn't he saying that Paul was winning the primaries, complete with his bogus charts, made up stats, and horrible inaccurate interpretation of the "rules"?

He has been wrong about absolutely everything he talks about, he is the Dick Morris of the Libertarians.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join