It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey "Gun Grabbers"!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Have you ever visited IN PERSON, the Arlington National Cemetery, or any other mass burial ground for our servicemen? If not, I highly recommend you do. It really puts in to perspective how serious the debate about preserving our Constitution should be. The hundreds of thousands of buried Americans who died upholding that document trumps any rationale you can make for your response to the unfortunate deaths of recent. Seeing it in pictures is one thing, but being there is something completely different. Please explain what you would say to all of those men who died for the freedoms you take for granted, and are willing to so casually throw away to feel "safe". I have never served, and I know this is an issue not to be taken lightly. I can only imagine how they would feel about our culture of inaction today.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
White Crosses

My knees sink deep in sodden turf
beside a white-washed cross,
as I wonder, all amazed
at your sacrifice and loss

Not just for me, young soldier, did you die,
but for a nation, to be whole and free -
Indeed, for all the world to see,
what freedom can do and be.

My heart’s in sorrow wrung
to gaze upon the crosses white
standing tall-both near and far
aglow with warmth and light

Strangers, we, you soldiers brave
I know not you-you know not me,
But in my mind, a boyish grin I see
and her, a shy and girlish gleam

To the “HEART” of each, no strangers, we
Brave and strong, their hearts did beat
within, this land of patriot dream
in pride, in love of home and family

But alas, to save this land, this sacred land
that we, in gratitude, may have,
you gave your life-eternal gift,
-- and now your cross here stands

Each cross a life, cut short at prime
your gift to keep us free
To follow dreams
we couldn’t have dreamed,
save for you, your lives,
now, a mist in time’s eternity

No words can ever “thank you” say
So we’ll do our best to honor you--
Through lives lived well in freedom’s land
Your loss-our gain, the honor yours, forever claimed

You’ve passed the torch on down to us
along with freedom’s, joyous cry
The torch, we’ll carry, you can trust
We’ll carry it, even if called to die

To the young ---to the old,
to each and all, a bell now tolls
that Freedom rings--it’s loud and clear
Listen--- and you will hear

Freedom rings, white crosses gleam
Oh say, can you see,
the waving flag unfurled
The sacred red,
the white, the blue
Old Glory, forever, reign supreme!

A tribute to our soldiers in response to visiting Arlington Cemetery.
Overwelming emotion overtook me at seeing the price paid for our/my liberty
and freedom and I had to speak to the many who there lay.
God bless the many souls who gave their all. God Bless America!
February, 2003 by Carolyn White

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

I recently have been thinking about what I would do if I was forced to disgrace these men's lives by relinquishing my Rights. When you see the bigger picture and realize how your life would be without these past generations making the "ultimate sacrifice", the answer is quite obvious. It's the right thing to do for our future generations. Had these men sold us out, like some of the "citizens" I hear talking today, we would be much further down the road to tyranny then we already are. It's unacceptable to let the freedom stop with us because this generation is scared of taking action.

Beautiful post Robert!
edit on 8-1-2013 by Frettin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Other than the revolutionary and civil wars none of the countless wars youve been in have been about your "Freedoms" they have been about your control and manipulation of political or financial concerns of other countries for the benefit of your corporations.

Before you flame me give me 1 example from 1900 onwards of an American soldier dying for your freedoms?

Blind patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Ok, first of all, there are veterans from the Civil War buried there. Secondly, it doesn't matter what you think, or claim to know about the purpose of subsequent wars. The point is what that all those men THOUGHT they were fighting for was important enough for them to give their lives. Are you saying that these men all fought for the reasons you stated? Even if that wasn't the case, they died believing that they were fighting for "freedom". Also, even though victory in World War II may not have directly resulted in freedom in your eyes, there were many people it did directly affect for the better. These men did not take an oath to uphold the claims you make.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Frettin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Frettin

the second amendment was written at a time when people used muskets. I agree, you have every right to have as many muskets as your heart desires.

but here's food for thought, friend.

Those soldiers also died protecting the right of the "gun grabbers" to oppose easy access to assault weapons. It's their protected 1st amendment right to oppose the lack of regulatory control over guns.

So who's right is more "right"? Who's right trumps the others?

Unless you are in a militia, according to your second amendment, you don't have the right to bare arms. but i know, when it comes to the constitution, it's completely OK to just pick and choose which parts count.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Frettin

The point is what that all those men THOUGHT they were fighting for was important enough for them to give their lives.

That's your logic? Well done, we can now all appreciate the great sacrifice people like Hitler, Mao, and even the recent school shooters, have done. Because clearly, they were fighting for what they thought was important enough for them to give their lives.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

No, in the context of responding to the other poster I think I made my logic quite clear. These men died fighting to uphold the oath they took, whether they knew that was the purpose of the war or not. Do you think that many people would have died fighting for the reasons the earlier poster stated? I don't think so. Also, yes muskets were the gun at the time the 2nd was written, however, muskets were the most advanced guns around at that time. Citizens COULD overthrow a tyrannical government with muskets at that time. Not so much the case now. So by your logic, shouldn't the military carry muskets nowadays as well? It's common sense that everyday citizens should not have access to nukes and rocket launchers, but to draw the line at semi-auto weapons is ridiculous. You are misinterpreting my posts out of spite, because they make sense and that is the only way to defeat my argument... by putting words in my mouth. I sincerely hope you are not comparing the motives of the people who died for our country to mass murderers. Also, the first amendment is still around because we have the second, please tell me you are trying to play devil's advocate and are not really holding these views.

Also, you become part of the militia that is necessary to secure a free state when you purchase a gun.

It seems to me that you seem to skip over the part that says "shall not be infringed" because that doesn't count???

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frettin

Ok, first of all, there are veterans from the Civil War buried there. Secondly, it doesn't matter what you think, or claim to know about the purpose of subsequent wars. The point is what that all those men THOUGHT they were fighting for was important enough for them to give their lives. Are you saying that these men all fought for the reasons you stated? Even if that wasn't the case, they died believing that they were fighting for "freedom". Also, even though victory in World War II may not have directly resulted in freedom in your eyes, there were many people it did directly affect for the better. These men did not take an oath to uphold the claims you make.

Died for and THOUGHT they died for are completely different

I have no doubt these men thought they were giving their lives for something great but the sad fact is they werent, their lives were wasted.

Walking through a military graveyard is a sad reminder of this for me, but yes very humbling

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Sorry I had to clarify my post. But, that was my point. When the time comes, there will be no doubt that the cause I will be fighting for will be just. These men did it even though they were TOLD what the reasons for them fighting were. I will fight because I KNOW what the reasons are. These men had conviction and died on principal, even if they were mislead. There should be no excuse to cower with our tails between our legs, when we KNOW what we are fighting for is just.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Frettin

Sorry but fighting and dying to keep a weapon is not in any way, shape or form just.

Its idiotic

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

If we weren't around to stop Hitler, then many future generations of Jewish people wouldn't be here today. Ask them if they think it would be a just cause. I'm not talking about one weapon, I'm talking about resisting with the last deterrent we have against tyranny. If you think it's idiotic to fight for the freedom of future generations then say it's idiotic. But, that doesn't make it so.

top topics

join