So I saw somthing a while back.

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Last year I was driving into work which was in Richmond near V.C.U, as I crossed the bridge into Richmond I looked up to see something I still have a pretty hard time understanding. It was huge and it floated motionless at least 400 feet or more above the tallest building in the area. I originally thought maybe it was a piece of new age art or advertising as their is an art museum in that general area. However it was a rather nasty day rainy with overcast and a good deal of wind so anything being flown or suspended at that size would have to move or twist. The object its self had to be around the size of a foot ball field in length blackish overall with bronzish striations that zig zaged across the entirety of the object. If any of you have ever had to drive into down town Richmond VA in the rain and in the morning you know you don't move far in a timely matter so I had plenty of time to observe it. It sat perfectly motionless for the entirety of my trip into the city.

It still baffles me I know that we are not able to keep anything of that size suspended in mid air with no noticeable means of propulsion. it was triangular in shape not something our current air craft look like. The strangest part is only one or two other motorists seemed to notice it besides myself. The lady next to me while stuck on the bridge seemed to turn ghost white upon noticing it when I hit my horn and pointed to be sure it was real.

I had to drive back past the area later on in the day and it was gone.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Can heavy humidity cause a mirage? It may not of looked like a singal building in the area but a mirage could combine an areas visuals into a single mirage.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

Dont know maybe but it seemed to crisp and clean to be an image reflecting off water in clouds.

join