It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools closing and 2nd teen dies of flu in MN; she had flu shot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

What I meant is that half the population would not be alive if we did not have sanitation, health care and vaccines because their genes are not fit for conditions like that and their immune system would not be able to protect them from bacteria and viruses.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by minettejo
GET THE SHOT
NOT THE FLU

Is the most common poster.

Pretty much says if you don't get the shot, you will get the flu.

Well it's a slightly misleading campaign, but for a good reason. Yes of course people want to make money out of it, that's true for just about anything, but that isn't why it's made, it's to reduce potential deaths. Sadly it can't be 100% protective.

Everyone could potentially get the flu, so that slogan isn't a lie, it just (probably intentionally) implies that you'll get it if you don't get the shot, I think everyone knows that isn't true though.
edit on 8-1-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

It´s only the uneducated that don´t get vaccinated that keep the contagion rate up!

To each their own. I am not here into get into a debate who should or shouldn't get a flu shot.

If you want it, get it. If you don't, then don't.

Simple as that.

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
reply to post by SpearMint

It's definitely not because people aren't exposed to it. Everyone is different, every immune system is different. The same strain isn't going to affect every person.

The people that don't get sick from this particular strain have probably been introduced to it the natural way in the past instead of a "shock to the system" way like getting the flu shot.

Honestly, vaccines are like a shot in the dark. They need to be prepared beforehand so people can be inoculated before the virus enters the body. Sometimes they get it wrong, sometimes it mutates or any number of things can happen in an already weakened immune system.
edit on 8-1-2013 by litterbaux because: (no reason given)

That too, but largely it's because they aren't exposed to it. It's not everywhere.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

What I meant was that I rarely see good sanitation.

But at the same time, I realize that there's not enough time and patience for perfect sanitation. And while that would be a big help, perfect sanitation can't prevent everything. So I leave a window open for you. I realize we need multiple weapons in the war against the flu.

Same for health habits that might reduce the immune system.

I just don't agree that people should be forced to swallow anything. I believe that answers should come from democracy, not from above. I really don't like that idea at all. If what you say is true and vaccines ARE the right choice then democracy will eventually catch up to that fact.
edit on 8-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Who is being forced to swallow something? And by whom?

Oh and democracy has no power when it comes to mother nature and evolution

edit on 8-1-2013 by Waldy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
My nephew had the flu shot right before Christmas. He had the sniffles.

Except, like all the anti-vaccine people, you cant tell the difference between the common cold and influenza.
They are different.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjembeJedi

Yes 100% Agree with you .. Eat Organic local produce and meats ..no GMO's and NO BIG PHARMA Anything.. !
Especially Vaccines .. they are still pushing the HPV vaccine on me @ the doctors for my daughter who is turning 14 ...IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN ..I love her to much I DO NOT trust (THEM) as in Big Business Corporations with any of my or my family's health issues.. of which we have very few if any.. ..

edit on 1/8/2013 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

Good for you, stay strong. HPV vaccine, another bad idea.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
A couple of things to note about the vaccine. The intra nasal spray is a LIVE virus, a weakened
version of the flu, but a live version nonetheless. The flu shot is the DEAD virus that is injected.

If for whatever reason you need to get one, I would go for the shot. This version is least likely to give you
symptoms.

For those of you whom may not know, please do not think I am an advocate for vaccines, nothing could be further from the truth, especially after watching my own child suffer developmental changes 1 week after receiving his vaccines. He is now Autistic and I am quite certain the immunizations were responsible. That does not mean that I think all preventive medicine is a bad thing. Each situation is different.

Pax

Sorry to hear about your child and vaccinations. I too believe that its these vaccines they want to pump babies full of at such a young age. When I was growing up, we had 9 shots, now its 36. We refused all vaccines for our children accept d-tap.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Rezlooper

Or is it just because we are all more connected so we hear about it more? How many actually have the flu and how many are just sick and complaining about it on facebook?

Honestly there is no way of knowing.

I'm going by the news reports. These are the hospitals that are saying the numbers are up especially for this early in the flu season.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
I too believe that its these vaccines they want to pump babies full of at such a young age. When I was growing up, we had 9 shots, now its 36. We refused all vaccines for our children accept d-tap.

I heard somewhere, if you didn't have all the vaccinations you were not allowed to attend public school.

Any truth to this?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
I too believe that its these vaccines they want to pump babies full of at such a young age. When I was growing up, we had 9 shots, now its 36. We refused all vaccines for our children accept d-tap.

I heard somewhere, if you didn't have all the vaccinations you were not allowed to attend public school.

Any truth to this?

Wisconsin (and I know some other states to) have the option to sign a waiver stating you won't vaccinate your kids for belief reasons. Checked into it already and in Wisconsin you don't have to get vaccines. They won't tell you this is okay and they discourage you, but you don't have to.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Very sad,this,my heart goes out to her parents and loved ones.
We never have shots,and we will go to court if we have to,to stop our children getting vaccines,if we have to.Last winter the hubby and my daughter(14 years old at the time) got the flu,the doctor said it was a type of bird flu strain.They got some meds for to ease the symptoms,but that was it.They felt grotty,but recovered well.Living in the same house,myself and our 5year old son did'nt get sick.But i was taking at least 3 cloves of fresh garlic a day for quite a while before,and megadoses of vitamin C(2k-3k mg a day),my son was taking garlic pills and Vitamin C at the normal level.My daughter chose to not take any of these,and the hubby regularly took garlic pills,but he did get sick.So..idk if the mega-C+lotsa garlic helped me and my son in that case?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The vaccine is considered 60 percent effective against the flu in healthy adults, she said.
When I first read this, I thought-- wow, so close to a 50/50 chance of getting the flu, so why bother with the shot!

But wait... there's more. If the vaccine is effective against the flu in 60 percent of healthy adults, does this mean
40% of them who get the vaccine end up with the flu? How else could they say it was 60% effective?
That sounds like a very disproportionately high number of flu-sufferers for this sub-group (vaccine-getters) when compared to the whole population of humans. Can you imagine 40% of people worldwide coming down with the flu?

Sounds like, by their own numbers, they are telling you if you take the vaccine, you have a 40% chance of coming down with the flu. If you're a healthy adult, that is. Higher risk if you are NOT healthy. (And who's healthy anymore, what with all the crap they've done to our food/water/air supplies!!!)
edit on 1/9/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

They are just begging me to air out all of their damned dirty laundry aren't they? I swear, if one more person dies from their irresponsible malpractice, # will hit the fan on ATS; and everybody will know exactly what I know about them now. They really don't want me to out them for all of their nasty little projects..

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
But wait... there's more. If the vaccine is effective against the flu in 60 percent of healthy adults, does this mean
40% of them who get the vaccine end up with the flu?

No, you misunderstand.

eg.. 1 in a thousand get infected.
*of those* some proportion will have recieved a flu shot
*of those* small numbers, the 40 percent chance of getting ill.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Not to mention the very pertinent adjective...

60% effective in healthy adults.

What is the percentage of efficacy in unhealthy adults, then bozo's?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Are you kidding? It looks like you are deliberately misunderstanding this just so you can promote your disinfo that the 40% the vaccine doesnt work on, get the flu. That is simply not true and hints to me that you have no idea how vaccines work.

60% develop immunity and 40% do not develop immunity and are just as vulnerable to the flu as those who do not get the vaccine.

Please say you understand this, or there is no hope!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Jeese bud youd think that the sccess rate of the shots compared to the dangers of innoulations for every
possible illness they can come up with, would have alerted the public by now to the scam which they are pulling
Flu shots are always going to be hit or miss guesses as to which strains to vaccinize because of the variety of possible strains in circulation...and their variants...
I am not sure if the death toll is really even a higher percentage than normal...despite the shock of one so young passing......
Healthy people dying from influenza is indications of a serious pandemic type of flu.....as this is the way it worked back in the big one in 1917/18 .....actually being killed by an over reaction of their immune systems......
They did go dig up some of that virus, and bring it back to life a while back....im sure they have some at Fort Detrick.....and they may have sent some abroad too.....
Now you got me wondering how the rest of the country is fairing.....

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by new_here
40% of them who get the vaccine end up with the flu?

No, you misunderstand.

eg.. 1 in a thousand get infected.
*of those* some proportion will have recieved a flu shot
*of those* small numbers, the 40 percent chance of getting ill.
Thank you for your kind explanation. Sometimes people are hateful when I don't know everything they know. You went easy on me. That means more that you know.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join