Bought ( Two) new firearms today. I am giddy with excitement, shame on me.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hello all. I have went and purchased two things I've wanted since I was a very young man. A matching set of Schofield 45's. There replicas, but I've wanted to own these things forever. Top break revolver, at the time was an awesome weapon. still is a very accurate handgun with plenty of knockdown power.

I figured with all the gun hype at the present i should go ahead and get them into my collection. If any of you own these firearms, let me know. I saw these in a movie once and wanted then ever since. Put a few rounds thru them this after noon, what a hoot. Well it's a hoot for me! Felt like a kid. And at no time did I feel as If I was gonna go down into town and shoot the place up.

I promised my wife I would only buy two guns in 2013. It's gonna be a long year from here on out. To all responsable gun owners. Be safe. Be Responsable.( Mine are Uberti imported by Navy Arms Replicas of the 2nd model)
edit on 8-1-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i hope you bought them used and they are unregistered! otherwise you better start enjoying them while you can

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hey dude.
Be careful with those.
And make sure no child ever gets to touch them.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Good for you!
I hope for a .45 or two in the new year myself!
Know what ya mean about it bein a hoot....nice tension relief just to go shoot for the sake of shooting.
Have fun and be safe.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

Guys, I have a extensive collection of firearms. No kids other than myself have access(50yr). Three gun lockers, two safes. Very experienced gun owner here. Just wanted to share my excitement at my purchase ( legal purchase). Just another investment in my world. No less like some one investing in coin collecting or stamps. With me the firearms are just an investment of money. I just never seem to cash in any of them.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
Hello all. I have went and purchased two things I've wanted since I was a very young man. A matching set of Schofield 45's. There replicas, but I've wanted to own these things forever. Top break revolver, at the time was an awesome weapon. still is a very accurate handgun with plenty of knockdown power.

I figured with all the gun hype at the present i should go ahead and get them into my collection. If any of you own these firearms, let me know. I saw these in a movie once and wanted then ever since. Put a few rounds thru them this after noon, what a hoot. Well it's a hoot for me! Felt like a kid. And at no time did I feel as If I was gonna go down into town and shoot the place up.

I promised my wife I would only buy two guns in 2013. It's gonna be a long year from here on out. To all responsable gun owners. Be safe. Be Responsable.( Mine are Uberti imported by Navy Arms Replicas of the 2nd model)

Love the classic look of the old top breaks, but my next purchase will be a .45 Springfield XDM. I already have a 9 mm XDM but want more power on target.
edit on 8-1-2013 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I will wait until the last minute when I actually need a gun. I got Dogs so my guns r my guns. When I needa gun I will get them. Until then, I wont register any gun.
edit on 8-1-2013 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i hope your kids dont find it and shoot you and your pets in the face

just saying...hope you can control who comes near them

not trying to be nasty...just to enlighten

peace

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
My mouth is watering at the mere mention of that lovely piece of art. Uberti?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Italian Replicas imported by Navy Arms. Not to $$$$$ and not cheap either. I would love to have gotten originals but a limited number was produced back in the day. These we do just fine.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
They way things are, I wouldn't be broadcasting to the whole world and getting all excited about buying a gun. It doesn't look right.

I'm happy for you that got your tools but don't bring unwanted attention.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I get my stuff from Italy too. Many are made by the antiques division of Beretta

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Paper work for theses went in prior to the last shooting in Conn. They are legal. I really don't care if folks know I own firearms. I am unaware that anything is wrong with a resonsable gun owner making a purchase and being damn happy about it. And I am damn happy!!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Uberti is one of those manufacturers for Berreta. I wanted S&W but the cost was way to much. I bought a Judge a few months back. 45 long colt or 410 gauge shotgun shell. I keep 410 rifled slugs in it. It's about as big a hoot to shoot as these Schofields. Gotta go to work, could stay and talk firearms all day. Stay safe.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm seriously considering getting a hand gun. Doesn't the .45's have a kick?
edit on 9-1-2013 by chiefsmom because: sp

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

If your a female I would not suggest a 45. I would suggest a 40 cal or a 9mm. The 40 cal has much more knockdown power than the 9mm and is easier for a female to handle. I would suggest to you go to S&W website and have a look see. They market directly to women. How about a nice pink 38 revolver? My wife had a Glock 17 9mm. She now carries a Glock 22 40 cal. She's better with it tham I am. relly gotta go work now. Let me know what it is you purchase. If I can help you out with info, hit me up.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Youre evil and you hate babies.

S + F.

edit on 9-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I buy a gun on/about every December 15th

I feel where you're coming from...

I'm still excited about this past Dec 15th purchase as well so I FEEL YOU!!!

Very nice choice

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Youre evil and you hate babies.

S + F.

edit on 9-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)
That's funny.
My nephew purchased a new stock for his AK recently, and he told a co-worker about the purchase. The co-worker made a face (anti-gun), so my nephew told him it was a really cool stock that had a 'baby counter' integrated into it. The guy got this totally shocked look on his face, until he told him that he was kidding.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Congratulation for buying them. Now lets see if you are going to be able to keep em (or even enjoy). lol

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join