It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Wants Women On Front Lines

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpspeed
There are an awful lot of very important highly skilled and technical jobs more suited to women, but hand to hand combat on the front line on the ground is not one of them. This is insanity.

Hand to hand combat is rare in modern warfare these days. I see no reason why a woman cannot handle modern frontline warfare.

Do any women here object to the army's proposal? That is an opinion I WOULD like to hear.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Fine, I completely recant everything! I now wholeheartedly agree and desire that women not only be allowed to be in the front lines, but they be reqired to serve in the front lines. In fact, I say take rotating shifts...6 months of men then 6 months of women and so forth and so on. If the women want up there, then send them there. I really don't care anymore. I am sick of being considered sexist for thinking that the front lines are best served by men alone. In the back of my mind I still think that men are better physically equipped for that kind of warfare, but I won't ever say it again here. Roar Women Roar!!!

An excellent idea. However, a certain group of fascists, i.e., the Neo-Conservatives, banned the ERA a few years back that would have made women subject to the draft like men. A pity, really.

If youre sick of considered being a sexist, then dont be one.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
My sister can beat me in arm wrestling, she doesn't train, she just stronger then me even though I lift weights and do push ups and excercise. Is that biological?

I like that, "They weak, it biological." which to me is illogical. You get a 5'7 guy and a 5'7 woman side by side, do the same training for 6 months, guess what? They will be the same. The guy won't all of a sudden grow more muscles then the woman. Also, in the wild, the female is usually stronger. Look at lions, who hunts? THE FEMALES! Who protects the kids? The FEMALES! It is almost always the female who protects the kids. Guy sits around, yawns, then attacked, he runs away, the females protect the kids. Elephants? Wolves? Females usually the ones who protect the kids.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Oh, and by the way, oh crybaby boys, the article clearly states the women are not going to be filling actual combat positions. they are simply moving to forward support units. driving trucks, manning radios, ect....all positions they normally fill in the rear support units.

So they wont be shattering your illusions of grandeur and manhood by scoring more kills than you anytime soon, they shall freeing you up from driving convoys so you can go show everyone how much better you are.

But it is amusing to watch the paranoid near nervous breakdowns of certain male posters when confronted by the fact that girls would be doing the same things.

Hysterical, really.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I say let those who want to do it its called equal rights they want they can have it. I for 1 dont see a problem with it as long they pull ther on weight.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
To all of the people opposed to women in comabt, what should the Army do about the soldier shortage? Longer rotations? More IRR people called up? A draft?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
To all of the people opposed to women in comabt, what should the Army do about the soldier shortage? Longer rotations? More IRR people called up? A draft?

Less war?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Cargo and you other guys,

Let me tell you a storie true every bit, but first if a women is to distracting to you in a combat zone then your mind isnt on your job, thinking with the head that doesnt apear on your shoulders is not a valid reason to restrict women.

Now to my story, I was posted on a door coverage during a warrent service
and a person come running at me to get out a run, Now I grabbed this person and put them down and was cuffing them mean while a female partner who was called for back up showed up just as his two buddies who had jumped on me from outside and behind me. They had drove up and saw the situation and was trying to free their buddy. Well needless to
say they both jumped on my back , now this female grabbed both of them by their shirts pulled both of them off with one pull and ended up with both of them on her. I got back to my feet and pulled them off her and she got up took one and I took one both were cuffed in seconds, but wait here is the good part I took a knife slash to my back and she took one to her stomache and arm. One of the men had a knife yet she attacked them any way our bullet proof vests repelled our torso attacks, but her arm took 11 staples but you know what we where both on the streets the next night working even though she had staples in her arm.

Now this women took a knife slash helping her male partner and didnt think twice. So i say to you if you think they dont have hand to hand combat skills tell that to 3 guys each doing 7 to 25 years hard time because she was "not combat effective" they were wrong and the rest of you boys club members are to. The only requirement I have is that they be willing to take that risk and if they are, then leave them alone dont druel and lust over them or distrust them cause their size or shape and they wont have to bail you out for neglecting your situation in combat. If I can be totally focused on my job and still need a womens help then boys club guys are really going to need their help.

BUY THE WAY the woman officer in this story measures in at 5 ' 4 " and 127 pounds and the men she took on, from the original booking info is as follows

SUSPECT 2 white male, height 5'11" weight 197 pounds weapon 6 1/2 inch blade sereated folding knife , suspect 2 field tested and found positive for the presence of an alcoholic beverage in suspect 2 system at approx. 0.05 on avail. field test equip.

Suspect 3 Hispanic male, height 6' 1" weight 201 pounds no weapon
suspect feild test reveled the possible presence of a narcotic in use although until blood testing exact drug unknown field test kit , used to test residue in suspect 3 right chest shirt pocket, results were positive for methanphetamine

SO think it over guys do you really think women cant join your club then I'm going to go join theirs, cool with you guys.......Good I thought it would be.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Read my post again, I know there are women out there rough as guts and built like Ox's. But you speak as if they are the majority. By all means, send them to combat, it doesnt really bother me at all.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
TBH Give me a real reason why women shouldn't be allowed in combat.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Women have been in combat before. Who do you think bails out the infantry when they need to be pulled out of a fight? Military Police combat support units. Why? Because they got the heavy firepower for close fire support (50 cal and MK-19) to give the light infantry the time to pull back. Women regularly are assgined to these units.

I served in both integrated and male only units. The only difference in the fight is who can pull the trigger faster. 7 pounds of pull is all that's needed. Women fight just as good.

All I can say is that you wanted it...here's your shot.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
That is the whole point.

In a modern defense force you need a lot more than 250 pound morons that can run twenty miles. You need people that can fly aircraft, operate advanced weapons systems, and actually think under pressure.

Aboard ship for example, or in the air-force, there must be a lot of highly skilled technical jobs that an eighty pound weakling (male or female) could become rather expert at.

Not trying to put down the special forces Rambo types, but there is rather a lot more to it than just sweat and raw courage.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Woman should be accepted on the same merits as men.....to each his and her own ability to do the job.

If flunked out A is a bloke and passed B is a woman, its all good.

And vis a vie.

Personally a fit woman will run me into the ground anyday nowdays. Sad (from a personal perspective) but true.

Some please acknowledge not all men are on the womens case about it, and in fact think it's nuts women are still not recognised as being capable of doing the job in some quarters.

So far the only womans view on this hasnt acknowledged the fact as far as I can see

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Read my post again, I know there are women out there rough as guts and built like Ox's. But you speak as if they are the majority. By all means, send them to combat, it doesnt really bother me at all.

No thats the Point my partner was not an ox or buff she was rather patiet
adreanal glands make up for the rest just like in men.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHADOW266
Women have been in combat before. Who do you think bails out the infantry when they need to be pulled out of a fight? Military Police combat support units. Why? Because they got the heavy firepower for close fire support (50 cal and MK-19) to give the light infantry the time to pull back. Women regularly are assgined to these units.

I served in both integrated and male only units. The only difference in the fight is who can pull the trigger faster. 7 pounds of pull is all that's needed. Women fight just as good.

All I can say is that you wanted it...here's your shot.

Bravo this whole thing just proves my point your backup can often be a women and she is usually who will be less likely to hesitate when life is at risk I think also the maternal instinct helps alot also. Im not saying that is the only reason the are fearless in appearance but alot of women have told me it helps the adrenal response just that much more.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

Originally posted by Warpspeed
There are an awful lot of very important highly skilled and technical jobs more suited to women, but hand to hand combat on the front line on the ground is not one of them. This is insanity.

Hand to hand combat is rare in modern warfare these days. I see no reason why a woman cannot handle modern frontline warfare.

Do any women here object to the army's proposal? That is an opinion I WOULD like to hear.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Kriz_4]

I just showed everyone their hand to hand capabilities in the story I told.
and hand to hand is more frequent in close quarter house raids. House raids to take possesion of weapons and release hostages are very frequent in the new military war practices. OOOHHHH that is if a gun ships dont get there first and send a couple of missiles thru the mail slot in the front door.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
So they wont be shattering your illusions of grandeur and manhood by scoring more kills than you anytime soon, they shall freeing you up from driving convoys so you can go show everyone how much better you are.

But it is amusing to watch the paranoid near nervous breakdowns of certain male posters when confronted by the fact that girls would be doing the same things.

Hysterical, really.

I dont wish anything to happen to these women but, the front is the front no matter your job you are shot and and you will shoot back combat is for everyone in the front line even the waterboys see live fire. I hope no harm to women but I hope they get into the thick and have to pull off the heaviest fighting in history just to bail out the boys, that would be the best justification to our boys with that male dommenant mentality, and demoralizing to the enemy men, You know Israeli women troops are frequently in combat and I have seen them in action and they are some tough SOB's, off duty though they are gorgious the most prettiest creatures I have even seen those females in dresses and make up are not out of the question either.

YOU GO GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yeah! Let's put the women up there, not because they are able to do the job, but to show those pig headed men what they can do

Look, send the women up front because it's something that will help win the battle, not to prove some point.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Yeah! Let's put the women up there, not because they are able to do the job, but to show those pig headed men what they can do

Look, send the women up front because it's something that will help win the battle, not to prove some point.

I said send them if they want to go , and I hope they show up men, not that was the reason for sending them. If they are sent I is my belief it is assumed they are NEEDED. However I want other men to give up this view of cant do when it comes to women and they wont change till they are proved wrong in their caveman drag the girl by the hair view.

[edit on 27/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I say as long as they can pass the physical test that the men do and go through the same training as the men do, let them be on the front lines. There are many women who are qualifed to be grunts and any other mos in the military. Like some of the other posters said they can take more pain than men can. They are also more intuitive than men which could be quite an advantage in combat. I would have no problem with a woman fighting along side of me. Hey face it women can kick butt if they so chose to. The mother instinct kicks in watch out.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by friday2112]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join