Originally posted by kaylaluv
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt
Hey, I'm all for education, but it won't solve the problem we are trying to fix right now -- easy access to military weapons by crazy people who want
to kill lots of people as quickly as possible.
My idea of a compromise is what Obama has said all along -- keep your handguns and shotguns and rifles for hunting and personal protection -- and
leave the weapons of mass destruction to the soldiers on the battlefield.
Have you always marched to the beat of that drum? Or does Obama just seem to have a little more rhythm, than the rest of us?
The FACTS are:
1) The weapons used in these recent shootings ARE NOT military weapons! They may look like them. But absolutely do not function like them.
2) Weapons for personal protection must include, equal force to what those that we are protecting ourselves from, have. You don't bring a stick to a
3) Necessity is the mother of invention! Crazy people, hell-bent on killing lots of people, will find a way to kill lots of people! It does not matter
what you restrict, ban, outlaw or make disappear, with your super ray!
4) Compromise! This is the most ridiculous notion that has ever parted ways with the anti-gun people's mouths.
Compromise, is something that occurs when two opposing sides, find a suitable middle ground between new ideas, that infringe on each others' wants and
desires. It is a give and take! It is NOT taking away from one side, only! And, since your side has nothing to give, how can it possibly be considered
5) The 2nd amendment DOES NOT infringe on anything relating to those who don't want to own guns! My guns do not interfere with your life, your
liberty, OR your pursuit of happiness! In fact, logic dictates quite the opposite!
Crazies and criminals, infringe on all of us, though...
This one is more of a statement, than a fact, but...
6) I have a BIG problem, with those who believe that the military should be allowed to use whatever means available to slaughter whomever our
"leaders" deem necessary, but would freely disarm the good citizens of this Country, even though many live in battlefields, right here at home! I
guess as long as you feel safe, while our young men and women, follow their orders and take lives and give lives, in some other part of the world,
then that's just fine! But, the truth of the matter is, Freedom, starts right here at home!!!
Well, you said that you are "all for education". So, what have you learned?
edit on 1/9/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: de-de-de...