posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:26 PM
reply to post by EvanB
You are definitely on the right track.
My plan would also, revert the 2nd back to what it was intended for.
1) Constitutional Carry, should be reinstated, nationwide.
2) A Nationally recognized Concealed Carry License should be settled upon. And, the requirements to get one, should be firm but easily attainable. And
it should be very inexpensive, or free.
3) A 2nd tier license should also be established, which requires more stringent guidelines and qualifying with the weapon, and proper storage. This
license should allow the holder to own fully automatic, and other types of "military grade" weapons.
4) A 3rd tier license should be made available, as well. This license would incorporate advanced weapons, equivalent to those used by the elite
military and Special Weapons and Tactics, members. Again, very stringent guidelines, with regard to background and handling and storage, of the
5) A program, similar to the T.I.P.S. Hotline, but this one would reward tipsters substantially, for information and location of known criminals in
possession of any illegal firearm(s). Let those who know where the bad guys are, profit from doing the right thing. It will help Law Enforcement do
their job, more efficiently, and rid society of the unwanted elements much faster than any new gun laws will.
What say you?