It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A logical problem with "Hell": Part 2

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by netgamer7k
It is shameful to go to hell.

Stay out and stay alive (in Jesus Christ)

edit on 17-1-2013 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

Are you absolutely certain where Jesus resides now?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

More to the point, can he prove it?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Originally posted by Akragon
I think the book says otherwise... IF he hadn't intended on Abraham killing his own son, why would an angel come to stop him instead of this "God" speaking up for himself?

Hmmm… Because He was sent, on Gods behalf…it’s a familiar theme throughout the Bible…

IF said angel did not intervene Abrahams son would have died at that moment...

Genesis 22:12
The angel said, “Don’t kill your son or hurt him in any way. Now I can see that you do respect and obey God. I see that you are ready to kill your son, your only son, for me.”

The Angel is delivering Gods message, and makes a clear connection to himself (the Angel) and the same God who asked Abraham to sacrifice his son. The whole story is really about a test of faith, for God never intended to harm Abraham’s son.

Originally posted by Joecroft
IF the God of Abraham and Moses is in no way connected to Jesus, then why is Jesus saying in John 8:56, that Abraham rejoiced, at the thought of seeing His (Jesus) day???

Abraham had long passed and returned home by that time...

Yes, of course Abraham has long since gone, but IMO Jesus is making a symbolic remark; that the God Abraham believed in, is the same one that Jesus represents. This for me is the reason why Jesus states that Abraham would be rejoicing at his coming.

Yes, but I think it can be inferred that the word “Creator”, and “God”, are both one and the same, in that passage.

I suppose it could be... but the latter is completely logical as well...

depends on ones point of view...

It sure does.

Technically "hell" is mentioned in the OT in Joshua... and a few other places in later books.

Yes, I agree but Hell in the Old Testament is really just talking about the grave; it’s only when we get into the NT and the book of Revelations, that Hell begins to take on extra dimensions and definitions etc… many of which, are open to interpretation.

Again I disagree... for example

In John 1 it says...

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This is something that came from john... Not anything that Jesus taught...

Jesus IS the word of God... but he was NOT God in the flesh.

Well it’s an interesting example, but it’s just not the same parallel, to what where discussing here. The reason being, is that the above verse, has been wrongly translated IMO, and should instead read, “and the word was Devine”, but even if you go with the standard translations, there are still many different ways in which it can be interpreted, along side other verses etc…

My point being, is that in the case of the “Apocryphon of John”, Hell is clearly defined within its pages. Which is a huge difference.

And as I've previously stated... I don't agree with everything the gnostics believed, same as I don't agree with everything Christianity teaches... or any religion for that matter. I believe all religions have some things correct... but there is no religion that has everything correct.

I absolutely agree with you, and have so far found truths within many different religions.

Of course this means "correct according to myself" and how I feel about what I read... I make no claims that my beliefs are exactly what is... my beliefs change according to what truths are presented to me....

but they haven't changed in many years

Yes, always try to go with what feels right, or what makes the most sense to you. Don’t just accept what other people say, including myself. I’m not here to beat you over the head, with my truth. If you come to accept something later on, then what has changed? It is only your perception and understanding that will have changed. If everyone thought they were wrong, then they would change their minds.

By the way... I am Honoured that you've decided to share my Avatar theme...

Thanks, could be the start of an “Alice in Wonderland” ATS theme; "down the rabbit hole, and off we go!"

I was inspired by my Handle name connection, and even threw in a clue, with my made up location, Croft Church

Peace be with you Akragon.

- JC

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
So I am still on the hook for several million billion dollars; the least you can do is hide the number somewhere in a golfball in a water hazard. Preferably somewhere else on spaceship Earth maybe Australia; in a Crocodile's mouth clamped shut.

My current theory is that this “water hazard” you speak of, is somehow representative imagery, of our solar system. With the golfball tagging along for the ride, as a planetery body; presumably earth.

The Crocodile’s mouth clamped shut is perhaps, maybe a refference, to the serpent race, from Nibiru, taking and keeping, our knowledge of God.

As for the, “on the hook”, and “several million billion dollars”; When speaking with Earthly Kings, they charge through the nose; The King of Kings, requires you to go through the eye of the needle.

- JC

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The white sheeted refers to me all garbed up and carving Gnostic text into treetrunks for the future children of Earth to devine (hopefully not killing the host Oak in process). The wordsmithery. It takes one wordsmith to decifer/recognise another; its one of those secret bat code things.

Hey!, your getting with the “Bat man” analogies too.

Holy contagious Batman!… I’ll spare you the sidekick joke lol

Anyway, Thanks for clearing THAT one up! My initial search was focused, in, an around, ghosts hugging trees (not even sure if that’s possible lol) and the Klu Klux Klan,…which was a major twilight zone, “rip in the fabric of time” episode, detour, from what I’m usually accustomed too.

I tend to go for the more direct flowing simplistic logical approach first, and if that fails to bear fruit, I switch lanes and look for more subtle clues.

If only I’d been able to tie in “texts”, with tree, wood, and ultimately paper, then I would have deciphered it much sooner. But I guess Rome wasn’t built in a day, and I can only hope to improve on my deciphering skills.

I will admit though, that I’m starting to develop an appetite, for deciphering your wordsmithyness style posts. Not sure if that’s good, or bad.

This is a game; it is an intelligent sparing seeking information exchanging-it should never be damaging to the human psyche/spirit but an elaborate exchange of fun ecstacy and illumination. I never take myself too seriously.

In what form do you propose this sparing seeking information exchange, takes place?

If you start a thread on Gnosticism, and your personal views on the subject, then I will guarantee my participation; consider it a form, of making up for my initial response.

I can’t really turn down trying to learn a new, or perhaps even a different perspective than my own. And it will be tough, but who knows, maybe I can even improve my wordsmith deciphering techniques en-route.

- JC

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

So I am still on the hook for several million billion dollars; the least you can do is hide the number somewhere in a golfball in a water hazard. Preferably somewhere else on spaceship Earth maybe Australia; in a Crocodile's mouth clamped shut.

My current theory is that this “water hazard” you speak of, is somehow representative imagery, of our solar system. With the golfball tagging along for the ride, as a planetery body; presumably earth.

The Crocodile’s mouth clamped shut is perhaps, maybe a refference, to the serpent race, from Nibiru, taking and keeping, our knowledge of God.

As for the, “on the hook”, and “several million billion dollars”; When speaking with Earthly Kings, they charge through the nose; The King of Kings, requires you to go through the eye of the needle.
- JC

I have a genuine born wordsmith found out. Brilliant. The water is the soupy (empty vaccume no) space between heavenly? bodies. Golfball is Earth. Hidden knoweledge resides in the clamped mouth of (truths never forthcoming) our genetists the Nibiru; the serpent/lizards. Earthly Kings, we are, yet ignorant, and correct- to gain any knowelege of self as a true miracle an eternal being requires extreme introspection (with no help) nothing short of majick. You got it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by joecroft

The white sheeted refers to me all garbed up and carving Gnostic text into treetrunks for the future children of Earth to devine (hopefully not killing the host Oak in process). The wordsmithery. It takes one wordsmith to decifer/recognise another; its one of those secret bat code things.

Anyway, Thanks for clearing THAT one up! My initial search was focused, in, an around, ghosts hugging trees (not even sure if that’s possible lol) and the Klu Klux Klan,…which was a major twilight zone, “rip in the fabric of time” episode, detour, from what I’m usually accustomed too.

The detour into unknown territory is the point. You as writer know words are more than what they seem, and can cause trouble for the writer-William S. Burroughs case in point.

I tend to go for the more direct flowing simplistic logical approach first, and if that fails to bear fruit, I switch lanes and look for more subtle clues.
If only I’d been able to tie in “texts”, with tree, wood, and ultimately paper, then I would have deciphered it much sooner. But I guess Rome wasn’t built in a day, and I can only hope to improve on my deciphering skills.

What is happening is that some part of you is recognizing 'something'. You will not have to work at it at all, its there intrinsic within your subconscious I can see it. There is hidden truth here I choose to expose it in such a way that one could call it selfishly or not 'come to the well and drink if you are thirsty', if not remain parched.
There is not good or bad in stepping into unknowns no thing but an interest and some imagination.

This is a game; it is an intelligent sparing seeking information exchanging-it should never be damaging to the human psyche/spirit but an elaborate exchange of fun ecstacy and illumination. I never take myself too seriously.

In what form do you propose this sparing seeking information exchange, takes place?
If you start a thread on Gnosticism, and your personal views on the subject, then I will guarantee my participation; consider it a form, of making up for my initial response.
I can’t really turn down trying to learn a new, or perhaps even a different perspective than my own. And it will be tough, but who knows, maybe I can even improve my wordsmith deciphering techniques en-route.

Gnosis- Exposing one,The Albatross, the other; The Anchor of Truth; one Flys and Strangles, the other Drowns. Could be interesting.
edit on 19-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I have a genuine born wordsmith found out. Brilliant.

Thanks.

In general, I tend to keep my language as straightforward as possible on ATS, because I never know who I’m communicating with, and what level their at; Plus it avoids any communication breakdowns etc…

The water is the soupy (empty vaccume no) space between heavenly? bodies. Golfball is Earth. Hidden knoweledge resides in the clamped mouth of (truths never forthcoming) our genetists the Nibiru; the serpent/lizards. Earthly Kings, we are, yet ignorant, and correct- to gain any knowelege of self as a true miracle an eternal being requires extreme introspection (with no help) nothing short of majick. You got it.

You’re right though about the “extreme introspection” part; God actually helped guide me through that exact process, a few years back. I discussed part of my journey here, on page 3. It’s not complete, but it does get most of the general gist, of my story/journey across.

There is not good or bad in stepping into unknowns no thing but an interest and some imagination.

I agree, seeking out truths or unknowns, is the highest form of pursuit IMO; One small step, can be the catalyst for removing protective layers, and begin a journey, of a thousand spiritual light years.

Gnosis- Exposing one, The Albatross, the other; The Anchor of Truth; one Flys and Strangles, the other Drowns. Could be interesting.

Problem is, I’m a dodo crossed with a Terradactyle lol both very rare birds indeed! And I’m still evolving!

The dodo never flue apparently, he just swam like a fish, and the Terradactyle soared like a King!

- JC

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I have a genuine born wordsmith found out. Brilliant.

Gnosis- Exposing one, The Albatross, the other; The Anchor of Truth; one Flys and Strangles, the other Drowns. Could be interesting.

Problem is, I’m a dodo crossed with a Terradactyle lol both very rare birds indeed! And I’m still evolving!

The dodo never flue apparently, he just swam like a fish, and the Terradactyle soared like a King!
- JC

Imagine (trying to discribe) Gnosis as an Albatross with the very weighty anchor of truth around its neck it would have a tough time getting off of the ground as well; at least they are water birds and can float so not going to drown. Do you think the terradactyle was a bird made of leather? or had feathers. Dodos had their own unbirdlike agenda, can you imagine the ridicule they might have endured "What, you call yourself a bird and have no wings?". Thanks for sharing personal journey excerpts.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Do you think the terradactyle was a bird made of leather? or had feathers.

No feathers I’m afraid… Not sure about the leather aspect either;

Pterodactyls were reptiles
…. although they only ate fish and small animals.

Dodos had their own unbirdlike agenda, can you imagine the ridicule they might have endured "What, you call yourself a bird and have no wings?".

The dodo had wings, and like many others like him, who had wings and yet couldn’t fly… we (us humans) named them all birds!

If a great golfer scored the first ever 5 under par score, he probably wouldn’t be too pleased, if it was named a “dodo” lol but if instead it was named after the “Pterodactyl”… I think he could live with that.

Imagine (trying to discribe) Gnosis as an Albatross with the very weighty anchor of truth around its neck it would have a tough time getting off of the ground as well; at least they are water birds and can float so not going to drown.

Does getting off the ground signify the bird finding truth and freedom in flight? Because if so, then why is the “weight of truth”, around his neck lol ?

- JC

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Imagine (trying to discribe) Gnosis as an Albatross with the very weighty anchor of truth around its neck it would have a tough time getting off of the ground as well; at least they are water birds and can float so not going to drown.

Does getting off the ground signify the bird finding truth and freedom in flight? Because if so, then why is the “weight of truth”, around his neck lol ?
- JC

General idea, truth freedom flight. The weight of the Albatross just like a buzzard needs warm air currents to alight. Lack of flight represents the oppression of the truth throughout the ages. The Neck Area symbolizes strangulation of vocal chords therefore no voice ever at all not even a peep.
edit on 21-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

General idea, truth freedom flight. The weight of the Albatross just like a buzzard needs warm air currents to alight. Lack of flight represents the oppression of the truth throughout the ages. The Neck Area symbolizes strangulation of vocal chords therefore no voice ever at all not even a peep.

Very wise…

Reminds me of this verse below…

Matthew 23:13
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

- JC

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Very wise…

Reminds me of this verse below…

Matthew 23:13
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

- JC

That would be their perscribed LAW in motion. Ironic. No Pharisee to defend Jesus only to prosecute bully, cojole appease Pilot/Herod/inflame the People into inacting a lifetime movie torture sequence (resulting in death). Who does this really; over the top for sure. Where were the Saduccee; we know the Essenes were hiding out in Qumran-suppose they knew the prophecy was the real deal and stayed away to allow its manifestation? Were there any cowards here that came back to attest admit doubt? Pilot was very vocal about his misgivings.
edit on 21-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

That would be their perscribed LAW in motion. Ironic. No Pharisee to defend Jesus only to prosecute bully, cojole appease Pilot/Herod/inflame the People into inacting a lifetime movie torture sequence (resulting in death). Who does this really; over the top for sure.

Well said, In my view this equates to the destruction of the truth, so that the lie can live. When you have power and control there is know room for the truth. Like many Gnostics texts state, men have become drunk in their own knowledge, and in their drunken forgetful state, have forgotten about the garments they are wearing.

Where were the Saduccee; we know the Essenes were hiding out in Qumran-suppose they knew the prophecy was the real deal and stayed away to allow its manifestation? Were there any cowards here that came back to attest admit doubt? Pilot was very vocal about his misgivings.

The Saducceees always seemed rather mysterious to me. After the Temple destruction in 70 AD, they seem to just vanish into thin air. Back in that time period, I believe there was a secret society, which kept a highly advanced level, of both technological and spiritual knowledge. It’s a difficult situation, when the enemy outnumbers you; the best you can do is try to light the way for others. Jesus was the plan, or the prophecy, if you prefer.

- JC

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

That would be their perscribed LAW in motion. Ironic. No Pharisee to defend Jesus only to prosecute bully, cojole appease Pilot/Herod/inflame the People into inacting a lifetime movie torture sequence (resulting in death). Who does this really; over the top for sure.

Well said, In my view this equates to the destruction of the truth, so that the lie can live. When you have power and control there is know room for the truth. Like many Gnostics texts state, men have become drunk in their own knowledge, and in their drunken forgetful state, have forgotten about the garments they are wearing.

Where were the Saduccee; we know the Essenes were hiding out in Qumran-suppose they knew the prophecy was the real deal and stayed away to allow its manifestation? Were there any cowards here that came back to attest admit doubt? Pilot was very vocal about his misgivings.

The Saducceees always seemed rather mysterious to me. After the Temple destruction in 70 AD, they seem to just vanish into thin air. Back in that time period, I believe there was a secret society, which kept a highly advanced level, of both technological and spiritual knowledge. It’s a difficult situation, when the enemy outnumbers you; the best you can do is try to light the way for others. Jesus was the plan, or the prophecy, if you prefer.
- JC

I can say this and not be flayed. The Sadducee I would suppose as the Ruling class had all of the money. Accepted written Judeaic Law rejected the verbal tradition and adhered to written text. They disliked or were in opposition to the Pharasse. I could only imagine it being like the Medici family in Rome having to outmanuver the sitting Pope by bribing, contributing, etc. while at the same time clandestinely supporting the free thinkers of that time period. Did Rome exterminate the Sadduccee or did they in true grand biblical fashion flee the area.

Truth must be hidden as it is freedom. It is interesting that from the first, the huge bombshell; the IDEA of giving freewill to the human by Lucifer carries down to describing the infinitesimal; US in this "modern age"- the individual human. Those greedy, grasping, controllers we live among and still we are subjegated to the same routine of cruelty; that of dark silence.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Truth must be hidden as it is freedom. It is interesting that from the first, the huge bombshell; the IDEA of giving freewill to the human by Lucifer carries down to describing the infinitesimal; US in this "modern age"- the individual human. Those greedy, grasping, controllers we live among and still we are subjegated to the same routine of cruelty; that of dark silence.

I have a different take than the standard demiurge; other than the common version of Satan tempting us with freewill etc…

I believe that “freewill” was always meant to be a part of Gods divine plan for us all, and that we were meant to live/exist that way, (in this realm at least, and perhaps others) in the knowledge of knowing our divine connection to God. Satan or mans ego, I believe, is the one who took away from us, our divine knowledge of God, resulting in the “fall”.

Not exactly the standard version of events, but it’s the victors who tend to write the history.

- JC

edit on 22-1-2013 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2013 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I have a different take than the standard demiurge; other than the common version of Satan tempting us with freewill etc…

I believe that “freewill” was always meant to be a part of Gods divine plan for us all, and that we were meant to live/exist that way, (in this realm at least, and perhaps others) in the knowledge of knowing our divine connection to God. Satan or mans ego, I believe, is the one who took away from us, our divine knowledge of God, resulting in the “fall”.
Not exactly the standard version of events, but it’s the victors who tend to write the history.

We lived in the Utopian Garden naked. Lucifer dressed in a costume snaky, said to the human-"eat of this tree-the one tree God told you to never ever climb, hang a swing from or eat the fruit of". Did he ever say in fact this is the TREE OF KNOWELEDGE? No. Did God; No. A tree that was for all intentents and purposes put there to tempt, why? To see if the human was in obeyance of Gods dictum? Freewill was never Gods plan because this particular God had a different very selfish agenda. You realize there is a hierarchy of Gods? Not just one.

edit on 23-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You realize there is a hierarchy of Gods? Not just one.

Yes, I’m aware of the hierarchy, but I lean towards the Gnostic Valentinian school of thought, as you can probably gather, from my discussion with Akragon further up.

We lived in the Utopian Garden naked. Lucifer dressed in a costume snaky, said to the human-"eat of this tree-the one tree God told you to never ever climb, hang a swing from or eat the fruit of".

Did he ever say in fact this is the TREE OF KNOWELEDGE? No. Did God; No.

A tree that was for all intentents and purposes put there to tempt, why?

To see if the human was in obeyance of Gods dictum? Freewill was never Gods plan because this particular God had a different very selfish agenda

Yes, but which God put the tree in the garden?

Do you really think, this demiurge God, would have given such an option to be available for man, if his overall agenda, was that of suppression?

And surely one does not create male and female, with all the necessary working parts, if the overall plan is for them to remain ignorant.

- JC

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

You realize there is a hierarchy of Gods? Not just one.

Yes, I’m aware of the hierarchy, but I lean towards the Gnostic Valentinian school of thought, as you can probably gather, from my discussion with Akragon further up.

We lived in the Utopian Garden naked. Lucifer dressed in a costume snaky, said to the human-"eat of this tree-the one tree God told you to never ever climb, hang a swing from or eat the fruit of".

Did he ever say in fact this is the TREE OF KNOWELEDGE? No. Did God; No.

A tree that was for all intentents and purposes put there to tempt, why?

To see if the human was in obeyance of Gods dictum? Freewill was never Gods plan because this particular God had a different very selfish agenda

Yes, but which God put the tree in the garden?

Do you really think, this demiurge God, would have given such an option to be available for man, if his overall agenda, was that of suppression?

And surely one does not create male and female, with all the necessary working parts, if the overall plan is for them to remain ignorant.

- JC

The original plan was this. Whatever happens the humans do not procreate they must remain in ignorance of their potencial ability to create (THATS OUR JOB, to say when where and how). To say one supresses the human animal is a niceity. More like recapture the experiment that managed to jump the fence at all costs.

As to the God in charge then?; that would be and I can name names--"Source Entity". It will be hard to contact at this time as it is in a place that can do no more harm.

edit on 24-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

The original plan was this. Whatever happens the humans do not procreate they must remain in ignorance of their potencial ability to create (THATS OUR JOB, to say when where and how). To say one supresses the human animal is a niceity. More like recapture the experiment that managed to jump the fence at all costs.

As to the God in charge then?; that would be and I can name names--"Source Entity". It will be hard to contact at this time as it is in a place that can do no more harm.

Ok, I’m curious, my ears have pricked up, and I am all ears.

I take it that you go along with the standard demiurge theory, in that the serpent freed us from this experimenting, evil God?

I’m not sure about the whole experiment deal; I mean, what exactly was the objective of the experiment. Two humans, living in a garden, on their own, hardly seems like much of an experiment to me. lol Not much going on…no what I mean…?

Allowing them to procreate, teaching them new skills, helping them to build, write, develop spiritually; Now that’s what I call, an experiment! Hmmm maybe “experiment” isn’t the right word for it…

And I don’t really buy into that whole mining for Gold operation either. Surely, (I know, don’t call me Shirley lol) if they were that advanced, they would just make their own gold, through a form of ancient alchemy, using the philosopher’s stone, and some mercury, to boot.

- JC

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join