It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You will all cease to exist upon my death....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
You cannot cease to exist, nor can you die.

The universe that the human you inhabit sees will cease to exist. But the universe that the human i inhabit sees will not. These are two different universes. We are all one being.

Whatever happened to Occam's Razor when inventing all these infinite universes? Seriously. The complications involved here are staggering. So much that is wasted and redundant. Makes no sense unless you think that Occam should've just shut the hell up and minded his own business. Can't have it both ways depending on the argument you're engaged in.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Good stuff. I'm pretty much in agreement with you, even if the specifics are a bit more complex and could fill a book. Relative context, and the dynamics of contextual Identity establishment, development, and preservation are what's in play here, and I've always found it surprising that there isn't a specific field of scientific research dedicated to it, since it's what drives and shapes reality at all levels of expression and progressive development.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

What I'm stating doesn'trequire simplification . Each one of us sees the world in our own way. The world I see belongs to me and there are no others like it. So it is a universe separate from others'. But the self is not of the universe. The universes are of the self. Many universes, one self.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

What I'm stating doesn'trequire simplification . Each one of us sees the world in our own way. The world I see belongs to me and there are no others like it. So it is a universe separate from others'. But the self is not of the universe. The universes are of the self. Many universes, one self.

Your perception exists only within your mind. Nowhere else. It is conceptual, and is only a tiny, tiny slice of what you believe that you are actively perceiving as being actual. It doesn't possess a deep complexity or fullness of reality, as it would if it were an actual universe. It's an artificial image of a universe that only contains what your mind has decided to be pertinent - in the moment - to your own interpretation of what that image of a universe needs to contain in that moment. It's a very flimsy version of a universe that exists only to serve your immediate needs before becoming part of the internal historical context that does actually exist as integral to your own historical contextual identity.

You create it, yes, but it's not a progressively developing construct in its own right. It exists as a finite series of quantum snapshot interpretations of what does - in fact - exist as real and as part of the larger reality confine that contains you, as one unique point of view, along with everything else and every other observer that also provides its own point of view. There's no specific plan or reason for you and your point of view, or for anyone and their point of view. It's just the natural ramification of the existence of sentient minds that share a reality confine together. That, and the fact that an intelligent, sentient mind will - eventually - begin to wonder what the hell is going on, as it picks its way though the litter that reality provides by progressive default as the furniture of existence that it ultimately is.

Occam's Razor. Take the complexities and convolutions away when you can, and accept the least implausible explanation as the explanation that's most likely. We, the ones with the imagination, are the source of all the drama and the unnecessary complications that we imagine to exist.
edit on 1/11/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

There is no "world that is". Isness is a quality, of life. Life perceives individualistically. The universe is created by the isness. But, it's temporal nature renders it inexistent as soon as it appears, to then be replaced by another snapshot, while the isness remains constant throughout the process. The snapshot doesn't exist. It is gone as soon as it arrives. The isness that I am is creating this reality that I see for me and me only. Yours is for you and you only. This here today gone tomorrow world is different for each individual since it doesn't really exist, it must be a product of my imagination. We are both the one isness that is creating every possible universe simultaneously and in the exact same space.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join