It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You will all cease to exist upon my death....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Is this not correct?? You are all only here because i am "The Observer" without "The Observer" none of you would be here.

en.wikipedia.org...

I have felt this way for a very long time... That everyone and everything is just here because "I" am alive and observing it.... now i know that some may say " the universe does not revolve around you" but i believe the universe is "only here because i am observing it... Therefore it comes down to only one thing.... I am God.... There is no other answer besides this one. So therefore technically if i should die in this body... in the plane, none of you will Exist anymore....

Comments?
edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: (no reason given)

edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Like I said in your other thread, it is actually me observing you, so it is you that will cease to exist upon my death.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

How is that possible though?
Are we each Creating our own universes?? So therefore you will be gone if i should die... and i will be deleted if you should die?? But the 2nd would not be plausible

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You're both wrong. It's me. Apologies on being the bearer of bad tidings. Now where did I put my magic wand?
edit on 8-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

Thats the point, every living thing is an observer. Are you suggesting that each of us have our own Universe and if so would you just be a simulation to me or are you making concious living decisions too? And if I have my very own Universe then why is it so crap?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm sure many of the billions of people who've already died had similar thoughts but hey, we're still here. The brain models the external universe/world and what you're seeing isn't the world just your own brains interpretation of it. You're right in some sense the world will disappear when you die but alas its only the one you've constructed.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988

Are we each Creating our own universes?? So therefore you will be gone if i should die... and i will be deleted if you should die?? But the 2nd would not be plausible

By that logic, the human body functions off of one massive cell correct?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The first two comments prove a afterlife.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well i believe you are all pre programmed.... Prime example.... Numerous times i see people drive by my house... and happen to glare right at me as they drive by.... like they knew i was there... there was no reason to look back where i was in the first place.... also in public... i see how people act... they know i know that they are pre-programmed..

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Since you are only but one observer... you do not make up the entire realm of possible observations

You are not God... only a part of God...

So when you're body expires, it does not render all other parts of God non-existent

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988

Darn, have to get serious for a few minutes. Of course we all create our own universes, but we also live in two other universes - the other person's and the agreed-upon universe (the stuff we can kick and walk around on). Our own universe can be changed, and it is harder to change events in which many people are agreeing to. New "psychics" bounce around trying to change things, and only learn later that you just step out of the way when something is coming down, and watch it from a safe distance. The deletion thing, of course when you die then your own universe either pops out or goes with you, but you have to allow everyone else to have their universe too. (I think it was Robert Anton Wilson or someone like him who said the best way to expand your own universe is to accept everyone else's).

Then again, if the Divine inhabits everything at once, then dying is just shutting off one point of view. Or trillions of points of view, taking our cells and the lifeforms within them into account. Lots more points of view left, but don't let the door hit you on the way out (of this life).

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If there was nothing to be the subject of your observation, would you exist ?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Are you suggesting that each of us have our own Universe

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner, and the multi-verse is what Your very own universe exists in.

Truth is not stranger than we imagine, its is far stranger than we CAN imagine.

You will drive yourselfs crazy chasing these thoughts, kick back, relax, and enjoy the ride that is life. It gets weird afterwards.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You may be onto something, but once you realize that the "observer-you" is vibrating inside a mesh generated by the observations of a vast field of active "observer-we's" -- each observing the field itself from the perspective of their own relative position in the fields x,y,z, and t axis -- Well....

Then you'll really be on to something.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

I'd like to agree on the Multiverse theory but if science and physics has taught us anything so far it is that nature has constructed itself in the most simple form possible. The laws of physics are pretty simplistic once discovered.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
You cannot cease to exist, nor can you die.

The universe that the human you inhabit sees will cease to exist. But the universe that the human i inhabit sees will not. These are two different universes. We are all one being.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Often, I have thought the same thing. However, if that is the case...those of us that cease to exist must meet up somewhere to compare notes. I'm not so certain consciousness ceases to exist. Definitely believe in energy surviving these meager meat packages. Star.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I agree... i believe there is alot more to this reality than meets the eye.... but still believe without me... there would be nothing... Could i be God? Maybe got bored and created humankind and made myself human to not be bored? Maybe bored is not the answer. but lonely i suppose?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I think without life there is no such thing as boredom, boredom is a human emotion. Without life there is no emotions. Like somebody has said, I don't think we can die, I think we can change form but I do not believe we can die. We are essentially energy and we all know that energy cannot be created or destroyed, just transfered. Reincarnation is probably the most likely candidate, God, not so much IMO.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

It seems pretty simple to me. The "observer" is a field of active minds, generating reality on the fly. There are observations from various coordinate points on the grid, but the observer itself is really the field, observing itself in totality. The framework is very old and stable, of course, but the edges are mutable. In some cases they are very mutable.

Another poster touched on it a few posts up when he described "your universe," the others "universe" and the consensus "reality." I would postulate that you are always operating in at least three, and more likely dozens, hundreds or millions at any given coordinate point in the field.

That's because the field en toto is an emanation of the original "observation." The "we" in the observer is in the observation itself, and some observations are "bigger" than others.

It's simple, really.

<<   2  3 >>

join