It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the greatest conspiracy of all is..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

I hear what you are saying about Religious beliefs but I think in a modern society that is becoming more Atheist that other beliefs should be considered too. I think that some peoples belief that there government has it in for them has a profound effect on the way they live their lives. I do not know who is right and who is wrong but it sure would be a kick in the balls to hold yourself back by placing blame on things out of your control, that in the end turn out to be more fantasy than fact.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Now that's a nice fantasy that most people sleep well with: the idea that the government should not be looked at as a negative force in people's lives. It would be nice if this were so, but it's not. I don't know where you live, michael1983, but I live in the U.S. In the U.S. I personally see three conflicting points of view: The government tries, but makes unintended errors in policy; the government is a facade, since those in power are not accountable to the people; the government is horribly corrupt. From my view of the government, it is so removed from the will of the people that almost everything it does can be considered a conspiracy. Secrets and lies is the essence of my government.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

But can you do anything to change it, if you can do and if you cannot forget about it

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by trysts

But can you do anything to change it, if you can do and if you cannot forget about it

I have no clue how to change this government. It would be nice for sure. Though I do know that the government can change, which makes it very frustrating.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

There are things in our control and then there are things out of our control. I think collectivley as a human race we spend far too much time dwelling on things beyond our control and not enough time concerntrating on the things in our control. I am a suker for that more than most.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I can't figure out how to change it, but I also can't disregard it. People are being murdered every day by my government, so I can't live in heaven while my fellow human beings are living in hell.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

I appreciate your concerns and I share the same views, this world is cruel and there are plenty of people out there more than happy to bring pain to other human beings. The only thing I can do is never bring pain to others like they do. I am not living in Utopia but I think I am realising that the more I burden the nasties in this world of which I have little control over then the more depressed I become myself. Is that selfish? I do not know.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by trysts

I appreciate your concerns and I share the same views, this world is cruel and there are plenty of people out there more than happy to bring pain to other human beings. The only thing I can do is never bring pain to others like they do. I am not living in Utopia but I think I am realising that the more I burden the nasties in this world of which I have little control over then the more depressed I become myself. Is that selfish? I do not know.

No, I think you care. As a caring person in this world, I think we can't help but to be saddened by it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join