It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here are some high resolution mosaics and panoramas from the Curiosity rover on Mars

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Selfie is also available in a super-zoomable GigaPan version here: www.gigapan.com...

One for the Wayne's World fans (showing my age here...)

edit on 29-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A new panorama, from Sol 617.

Not much of a view on this one, as this has only photos of the ground, but still interesting, at least for those that like rocks.

(Click on the image to jump to GigaPan)

PS: it looks like Curiosity made several experiments, as we can see that several areas were brushed and at least one drilled.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
A lovely mountainscape from Sol 618. Just makes you want to put your hiking boots on and go and explore, doesn't it?

High-res image here.

And a bonus animated gif showing how the rover's drill triggered off a mini landslide!

Credit
edit on 7-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
New panorama from Sol 610, just click the image below to jump to the Gigapan panorama.

And the with balanced version.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Nice work! And I'm really glad this thread is still being used as a panorama storehouse, it's one of the very good threads imnho (I actually once put up an entire thread just to point to this thread!)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
A recent panorama from Curiosity: www.photosynth.net...

Individual images: mars.nasa.gov...

I like it how Curiosity can see its own shadow, with the characteristic opposition effect creating a brightening around its camera.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Oh, that's the rover's shadow. I thought it was a shadow of E.T. and he was just glad to see me.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Not sure if this question has been asked already, but how is it that Curiosity took a selfie of itself? I mean, I understand that they said they took it with it's extended arm, which has a Camera attached, but I don't see any extended arm in the image, not even a shadow? ~$heopleNation

Curiousity Selfie

edit on 29-6-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

The "selfies" are assembled from lots of individual shots, like a panorama. So by moving the arm it takes lots of photos of parts of itself which can be assembled into a whole without the arm ever appearing in shot.

Here's an example of the kind of individual images that the selfies are assembled from.

edit on 29-6-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

The "selfies" are assembled from lots of individual shots, like a panorama. So by moving the arm it takes lots of photos of parts of itself which can be assembled into a whole without the arm ever appearing in shot.

Here's an example of the kind of individual images that the selfies are assembled from.

Oh ok, gotcha. I was not aware that they used assembled images for close up shots. That makes sense now. Appreciate the response. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Curiosity has taken a new "selfie" on Sol 868 (14th January 2015).

Interactive version: photosynth.net...

Individual images: mars.nasa.gov...

(The missing bit in the "selfie" is, I think, waiting to be processed to remove the "interline transfer smear" image artifact.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Fantastic new "selfie" 360-degree panorama from Curiosity, to celebrate its 3 years on Mars:

www.360cities.net...

The view is from an unprecedented low level above the ground and in front of the rover.

In before all the peeps asking "who took the photo?!"

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Just gorgeous.

The fact that I can look around where Curiosity is from the comfort of my desk at work will always blow my mind!

Thanks wildespace for the link!!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Curiosity completed a new "selfie" on Sol 1126 (Oct 7th).

Here's my interactive (zoomable and pannable) photosynth of it: photosynth.net...

(It's become the most-viewed panorama in the last 7 days! photosynth.net... )

Raw images that made up that panorama: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Excellent thread. Can you link me to the most current ATS thread devoted to Mars image analysis? Thank you.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Constance

This one?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Curisosity has snapped a new "selfie" panorama, next to the now famous dark sand dune: round.me...

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Newest panorama from Curiosity rover, Sol 1451. A scenic location, surrounded by some nice-looking buttes.

www.360cities.net...

You can find more images and panoramas of Curiosity's current area at this Unmanned Spaceflight forum thread.

Including images with a virtual astronaut for scale

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join