It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the weather is crazy!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The entire city of Huntsville is flooded, its up to 7 ft deep in parts. A guy on the news said that he had never seen anything like this the entire time that he has lived here. My mom teaches at this high school, and their building is located on the first floor of the community college. The first floor has flooded and they have evacuated people to the second floor, so my mom and sister are going to be stuck there for quite some time. Outside of the building, around that area, dumpsters and cars are floating. My brother is also trapped at his middle school. A major road which connects South and North Hsville is terribly flooded and hummers can barely drive through it.. This is so wierd. I have never seen flooding like this in this part in my life. My stepdad, who has lived here for 40 or so years, said that it has never been like this.

[Edited on 6-5-2003 by mirrorsparadise]

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
First figure out how to purchase a "Zodiak" raft, after that most of your problems will be solved. Second convince your insurence agency the policy"does" include water damage.

[Edited on 6-5-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Damm that sucks for you guys over there. I hope your family gets back home soon and safe.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Our old house, which my mom has not sold yet, has to be totally destroyed. Its right in the center of all of that craziness.. I really do hope that her insurance covers that. She just had a ton of work done on it too..

"Damm that sucks for you guys over there. I hope your family gets back home soon and safe."

Thanks. I think I just heard someone come in.. must be my brother.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Oh no, that has never happened. Cow mutilations yes, floods no. That is wierd weather Olivia. Did you have some twisters come through there by any chance??? Say I know Huntsville quite well myself. Does your mother work at Grissom High School by any chance??? Where did you go to elementry school at??? Was it in Huntsville??? Maybe we have seen on another before.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
She teaches at New Century Tech High. Its a magnet school inside of Calhoun. Grissom is right down the street from me, they are fine untilt he river down the street floods, which it is about to do. They just said that that nuclear plant rd is beginning to flood.. they have lots of stuff there, and if it gets int he water,t hat would not be any good.. mutated monster fish and such.. yikes.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I went to Weatherly, Challenger, and the AAA Magnet School. You???

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have not lived here long. But I went to Huntsville High for the remainder of my high school. My brother should be going to challenger middle, but when we moved he wanted to stay at his school.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I can understand what he's screaming, I also never liked moveing. But I ejoyed floods! roads are generally safer too!

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
We moved over 7 times in Huntsville.(Damn the Defense Industry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Say do you still feel the bombs from Redstone?????????

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
yeah I do occasionaly feel the house rattle and stuff when they are testing things on the arsenal.. i havent recently but about 3 months ago they were testing things constantly over there. Moving does suck. This is the 3rd time in 2 years that we have moved, and now Im about to move out.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Can you say global warming

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
good luck! I hope everyone you know is okay! we had some pretty crazy weather here yesterday, too; 5 tornadoes spotted around the Detroit area. no major damage, though, thank goodness.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberator
Can you say global warming

yeah but I still wouldn't believe it....

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It's to be believed, it is a natural occurence. Although after we humans made an introduction of mass uncontrolled pollution factories, global warming is more prolific. sad too, it was reorted in the local press that it will cost more than 1 million U.S dollars to even begin clean up of the Great Lakes.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I'm aware that pollution is bad and a problem we need to deal with. Clean air and water are of utmost importance but the theory of global warming due to CO2 is something I can't say is reality. Now, the earth may be warming but there are so many other reasons for this than a rise in CO2. I won't get into that argument on this site but needless to say, as someone who works in geoscience, I would rather look at the entire pool of data than just single out whatever I need to prove my theory. Don't get me wrong, I think the environment is important but I would rather look at the facts through a scientific view than a political activist.

Here's a couple links if you're interested...

hometown.aol.com...

and especially this one:

www.oism.org...

new topics

top topics

join