It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control Again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hammers kill more people in the U.S. than guns!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I fully acknowledge the legitimacy of the current concerns of the american public regarding their beloved second amendment rights.

however, considering the increasing density of america-centric threads in general, and the gun-control threads in particular, I would appreciate being given the ability to opt-out.

it is cluttering every forum on this site, making biting political rhetoric nearly impossible to avoid even in threads which are not politically motivated. the "political madness" is out of bounds.

I can't be the only one. the limit has been reached.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I agree completely, I´m tired of this topic too. I´m not American and in my country this kind of discussion would be absurd (should people carry guns with them or not :S). I understand, that it´s important debate issue for many Americans, but not all are interested in seeing so many threads about it all the time. I´d like to filter them out as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
however, considering the increasing density of america-centric threads in general, and the gun-control threads in particular, I would appreciate being given the ability to opt-out.

Well you did join a board that is mostly owned by Americans and has a large population of Americans. Im sure if you did a google search you could easily find non-American conspiracy boards. Just sayin...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

YOU started a gun control thread YESTERDAY! Are you freaking kidding me? If you want it to go aay, I suggest starting with not authoring threads about it.

Sheesh, talk about hypocritical....

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by michael1983l

YOU started a gun control thread YESTERDAY! Are you freaking kidding me? If you want it to go aay, I suggest starting with not authoring threads about it.

Sheesh, talk about hypocritical....

True story, he actually started one AFTER writing this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
posted on 9-1-2013 @ 05:57 PM
edit on 10-1-2013 by RandyBragg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I posted about this issue needing it's own forum a week or so back.
Not to mention -strict- moderation.

I, at times wish ATS had an option to hide a forum that doesn't suit our interests, yet allows people to scream at each other with impunity where I don't have to wade past it.

M.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RandyBragg

Thats my point. He started it yesterday. A little silly to whine about these threads when the person that is whining is authoring some of them, isnt it?

I dont get people like this.
edit on 10-1-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

He isn't the only person in agreement with this though. Other far more interesting topics are getting shoved right off the recent posts list with endless gun control threads.

If we had the option to - them we could focus on more worthwhile issues, and at least if we wanted to look at them we can still access them through the forums link.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Gun control blah blah blah

Please! I can't stand any more "America is Great!" "Out of my cold dead hands!" "It's our right"

God, I cant take anymore of this S*

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Thats my point. He started it yesterday. A little silly to whine about these threads when the person that is whining is authoring some of them, isnt it?

dude.... He can post as many smegging gun related posts that he wants. As can I. We think there should be ONE forum. GET IT? Probably not as you seem to have tunnel vision on this topic.
It's not about whether there are a lot of gun related posts. It's got to do with putting them on one forum.
jesus wept :/

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

dude.... He can post as many smegging gun related posts that he wants. As can I. We think there should be ONE forum. GET IT? Probably not as you seem to have tunnel vision on this topic.
It's not about whether there are a lot of gun related posts. It's got to do with putting them on one forum.
jesus wept :/

"Dude"...did you miss the part where he was complaining about the number of posts on the topic and wishing he could avoid them all by lumping them into one forum (which Im not necessarily against), and then turned around and made a thread about exactly what he was complaining about.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yeah, the OP and first poster are so sick to death of hearing about it that they both started inflammatory threads with provocative titles on the subject and got there butts verbally handed to them, I can see why they want out of the discussion now. You made your bed with the thread you created pal, go lie in it.

This one started by Canucks555 the first poster after the OP Gun Control in America. YES!

And this gem from the OP Why kid yourself America, gun control isn't about the second amendment.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Yeah, the OP and first poster are so sick to death of hearing about it that they both started inflammatory threads with provocative titles on the subject and got there butts verbally handed to them, I can see why they want out of the discussion now. You made your bed with the thread you created pal, go lie in it.

Thing is, arguing with simple minded hill-billies that condone hating their very own country and government is fun as hell.
They're coming for you! Run away! lmfao!

edit on 10-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

First off, I live in Chicago and am a world away from being anything remotely close to a "Hillbilly" and that said, I don't think a Canadian should be calling anyone names, you should be too busy booking tickets to your next Nickleback concert since you have nothing to do with the hockey lockout and all.

Thats not slander though, I did read today here on ATS that Nickleback was MORE popular than the U.S. congress so maybe the jokes on me.....

My hate and / or anger has NOTHING to do with my country. It has everything to do with my hate of my government wiping there ass with the papers that founded my country, destroying everything that we as Americans hold most dear to our hearts and leaving me with a feeling there going to make it impossible for my children to find a good job or buy a house. I love my country more than you could know bud, thats exactly why I'm not pleased with my government.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by canucks555

First off, I live in Chicago and am a world away from being anything remotely close to a "Hillbilly" and that said, I don't think a Canadian should be calling anyone names, you should be too busy booking tickets to your next Nickleback concert since you have nothing to do with the hockey lockout and all.

Thats not slander though, I did read today here on ATS that Nickleback was MORE popular than the U.S. congress so maybe the jokes on me.....

I'd rather listen to Anne Murray backwards than Stickleback lol

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I only ask from a selfish point of view as I am sick to the back teeth of seeing gun control threads and its not like I can just ignore a particular discussion area as they have infiltrated them all.

Why Kid Yourself America, Gun Control isn Not About the 2nd Ammendment

Your health seems to have miraculously improved.

Congratulations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join