It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control Again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Ok this has been discussed already and the outcome of that discussion was that the Gun Control talk would eventually die down so ATS would just wait for this to happen. Well guess what it hasn't died down and gun control has infiltrated virtually every forum on the site. So now maybe it is time to take action, hey now 2012 has been proven to be the pack of lies most of us knew it to be, there is room for another forum maybe? Can we not replace the 2012 forum with a gun control forum or if not replace just make a new one.

I only ask from a selfish point of view as I am sick to the back teeth of seeing gun control threads and its not like I can just ignore a particular discussion area as they have infiltrated them all. Please give them their own forum so that I can immidiately press the (-) button next to it.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
flag/star. errr no star, don't see the option.

edit on 8-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This forums should be used to post questions regarding site policies, problems with site functionality/features, and respond to announcements from ownership. This is not a place to post complaints.
Sounds like a Rant
They would send this thread to a Rant forum if i posted anything like this.
You wake up & turn on your thread& its Gone your Ranting

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I suspect over the coming weeks it's only going to get more and more.

At least a temporary thing, it might be a good thing to do. It might also allow persons who are going to post regarding guns and gun laws see a list of threads they could contribute to instead of starting a new discussion.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think we should have a "nations that have gone through tyranny after turning in their weapons" forum. It seems people just don't understand human nature and/or history and continue to repeat it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke

At least a temporary thing, it might be a good thing to do. It might also allow persons who are going to post regarding guns and gun laws see a list of threads they could contribute to instead of starting a new discussion.

Well I guess it makes sense the way things are. If there's a very large group of folks who believe in the same thing, then the best thing for them to do (in order to garner attention for their specific cause) -would be to monopolize an entire forum...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

You have participated in apx. 16 threads today that did not mention gun control.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

Does that not tell you something, I am purposely avoiding the threads. Still I'd much prefer it if I could just (-) them rather than have to filter through them myself.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Let's get rid of the 2012 U.S. Elections forum too.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Im sure the media will pick up another murder soon so ATS can get back to talking about racism soon enough.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
We should think, why in the first place we have gotten in this situation that we need weapons to protect against government.

Why the government isnt good?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
ATS goes through phases like this, just look at the run up to the 2012 election the number of threads about Ron Paul was ridiculous this place turned into a “Ron Paul Fan Forum” and now it’s the same with guns.

I try not to let it get to me but it would be useful if the Mods said “ok all gun control threads go in the weapons forum” I mean really that is where I think they should belong.

I also think that the behaviour of some members in these gun control threads is appalling, it verges on bullying other members and it’s just not right.

What else annoys me is that someone can write a “why I love my gun” thread and instantly get the attention yes if I was to write a thread about something more meaningful that has required a bit of hard work then it would be largely ignored.

Its not just gun control it’s the thread that go with them about the video games, mental health and recently Alex Jones its just annoying really but ATS is turning into a NRA forum just like it was a Ron Paul forum a few months back. In the next few months it will calm down as ATS hunts for something new to get all excited about.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Since the Second Amendment is the guarantor of all of the others (Bill of Rights), and since the anti-gunners have "cried 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war" on the issue, I concur that the issue of GUN CONTROL is important and relevant enough to have its own Forum on ATS. I "Second" that motion!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Does that not tell you something, I am purposely avoiding the threads. Still I'd much prefer it if I could just (-) them rather than have to filter through them myself.

With respect, you are doing a really poor job at avoiding those threads. A quick scan of your recent posts shows that gun control might just be your favorite topic recently.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Originally posted by michael1983l

With respect, you are doing a really poor job at avoiding those threads. A quick scan of your recent posts shows that gun control might just be your favorite topic recently.

I don't see what that has to do with it. It's an interesting subject, I've delved in a bit myself, and probably will further. The point is that it should have it's own forum.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I Am not sure where gun control doesnt fit into any one of the forums

Gun control may well spark a civil war in the US once again. The rich will sit off shore and come in and loot the US afterwards. NATO would be bought into the fray also.

This could turn very nasty and they will want to sever all possible civilian communications that will include the web. Then we will be bombarded with only mainstream news. Power will also be shut down.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
dear ATS

please please please make the OP's idea come to pass, for the sake of mine sanity.

love from me x

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

This could turn very nasty and they will want to sever all possible civilian communications that will include the web. Then we will be bombarded with only mainstream news. Power will also be shut down.

Fear mongering only makes things worse for you people down there.
edit on 9-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Couldn't agree with you more michael. There are so many duplicate threads on this issue is really getting ridiculous and is obviously getting a little too much for the mods to handle. If nothing else a separate forum would make it a lot easier for them to keep track of these threads. I've got a few opinions on this matter myself but apart from one heated debate I'm currently in I've chosen to ignore all other threads regarding the matter as every post I'd make would simply be a cut and paste of a post I've already made somewhere else.

Gun control has been an issue for a very long time and it is not an issue which is likely to go away soon. In fact it only seems to be gaining momentum. A gun control forum is long overdue; for as can be seen by the fact gc threads are popping up across the board it is an issue which is multi-facted and doesn't always fit neatly into the forums which currently exist.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

Originally posted by Pinke

Well I guess it makes sense the way things are. If there's a very large group of folks who believe in the same thing, then the best thing for them to do (in order to garner attention for their specific cause) -would be to monopolize an entire forum...

Maybe a dynamic sidebar with recent-past Gun Threads easily clicked on to join live discussions; that could clear things up on the boards.

edit on 9-1-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join