Originally posted by QuantumSeeker
I have to admit I did not read this thread thoroughly but anyway if there are transhumans ,why no one has found the fossil for it?.. .
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the `Human-Animal Hybrid Prohibition Act of 2009'.
SEC. 2. FINDINGS.
Congress finds that--
(1) advances in research and technology have made possible the creation of human-animal hybrids;
(2) human-animal hybrids are grossly unethical because they blur the line between human and animal, male and female, parent and child, and one individual and another individual;
(3) human dignity and the integrity of the human species are compromised by human-animal hybrids;
(4) the uniqueness of individual human beings is manifested in a particular way through their brain and their reproductive organs/cells; and
(5) with an increase in emerging zoonotic infection threatening the global public health, human-animal hybrids present a particularly optimal means of genetic transfers that could increase the efficiency or virulence of diseases threatening both humans and animals.
SEC. 3. PROHIBITION ON HUMAN-ANIMAL HYBRIDS.
Part I of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after chapter 51 the following:
`CHAPTER 52--HUMAN-ANIMAL HYBRIDS
`1132. Prohibition on human-animal hybrids.
`Sec. 1131. Definitions
`In this chapter the following definitions apply:
`(1) HUMAN-ANIMAL HYBRID- The term `human-animal hybrid' means--
`(A) a human embryo into which a non-human cell or cells (or the component parts thereof) have been introduced to render the embryo's membership in the species Homo sapiens uncertain;
`(B) a hybrid human/animal embryo produced by fertilizing a human egg with non-human sperm;
`(C) a hybrid human/animal embryo produced by fertilizing a non-human egg with human sperm;
`(D) an embryo produced by introducing a non-human nucleus into a human egg;
`(E) an embryo produced by introducing a human nucleus into a non-human egg;
`(F) an embryo containing at least haploid sets of chromosomes from both a human and a non-human life form;
`(G) a non-human life form engineered such that human gametes develop within the body of a non-human life form; or
`(H) a non-human life form engineered such that it contains a human brain or a brain derived wholly or predominantly from human neural tissues.
`(2) HUMAN EMBRYO- The term `human embryo' means an organism of the species Homo sapiens during the earliest stages of development, from 1 cell up to 8 weeks.
`Sec. 1132. Prohibition on human-animal hybrids
`(a) In General- It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly, in or otherwise affecting interstate commerce--
`(1) create or attempt to create a human-animal hybrid;
`(2) transfer or attempt to transfer a human embryo into a non-human womb;
`(3) transfer or attempt to transfer a non-human embryo into a human womb; or
`(4) transport or receive for any purpose a human-animal hybrid.
`(1) IN GENERAL- Whoever violates subsection (a) shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.
`(2) CIVIL PENALTY- Whoever violates subsection (a) and derives pecuniary gain from such violation shall be subject to a civil fine of the greater of $1,000,000 and an amount equal to the amount of the gross gain multiplied by 2.'.
SEC. 4. TECHNICAL AMENDMENT.
The table of chapters for part I of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after the item relating to chapter 51 the following: