It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please look at this photo and tell me what you think

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by gortex
I think its probably a bird .
sorry

Bah, too bad. Big ass bird, though. That's a 190' tower, taken from the ground, and the object appears to be behind the tower, not in front of.

before reading the replies in the thread, i looked at the image and quite clearly seen a common wooden utility pole with those metal bars installed for the utility workers to climb up the pole.

i have never known there to be a 190' Tower that originated from a tree

in my world a 190' Tower would be a awesome thing, made of structural metal, not a wood pole with a single guy line attached (as i observed in your OP)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Yep, that was cleared up. Wooden telecom poles are larger and wider than standard power/telephone poles, but just the same, I had my sites mixed and my height off.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I have looked at birds my entire life. I have looked at countless pictures of birds as well. This isn't a bird. Or if it is we need to hide our children because it is flippin' huge.

I don't know what it is but I know that it isn't a bird

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Shame on us for repeating mistakes over and over

forget it, let it just be UFO because whenever someone wanting to believe its something never seen before all rationality and logic must be brushed aside because logical answers even if correct seem to anger the believer and then a bickering back and forth proceeds with no resolution what so ever.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkmoon1972

I don't know what it is but I know that it isn't a bird

If you know it isn't a bird you must know what it is to know what it isn't, so spill the beans or have you thrown logic out as well yes it does seem so

This isn't a bird. Or if it is we need to hide our children because it is flippin' huge.

Now I just seen the icon next to this statement so I am not sure if your kidding.
edit on 9-1-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

How could we know what it is? I took a photo once that showed a roof of a house and a piece of grass or debri or leaf was being blown by the wind at the same time the photo was taken. The results were a blur similar to your picture. Hope you discover what your picture shows.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Clearly it's the Jupiter 2.

It left Earth in 1997 headed for the Alpha Centari system with the Robinson family and one crazy Dr. Smith.

I suggest you research Lost in Space.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Flying spaceship, one of our own. simple design with a EHD drive as it's main propellant.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The second photo looks like a soaring eagle or hawk, sorry. I'm in northern ohio and I see these types of birds all the time.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Any progress on getting the higher res image in here?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

After looking at this image, I have also jumped to the bird band wagon, and will even go as far to say it is a Cedar Wax Wing. The wings are against the body, the bird if flying left to right, and you can make out the outline of at tail and a beak.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by gortex
I think its probably a bird .
sorry

Bah, too bad. Big ass bird, though. That's a 190' tower, taken from the ground, and the object appears to be behind the tower, not in front of.

Not sure how you determined that. The tower is not blocking any part of it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dutcheagle
I find it hilarious how they can keep coming up with this bird bogus its just a sad way of trying to give your self a self explainable reason.If that's a bird then i think we should wear helmets since its huge

I just wonder where you got the idea that it is huge?
Do you have any knowledge about photography? Check the EXIF data. Do you know what f/5.6 means?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

The two folks who sent me a message had the image e-mailed to them this morning.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I never get an image up when I post, just a link. This is the full res version

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by jhn7537

and I've seen 1 UFO in my lifetime, on my way home from University of Iowa back to Illinois very late at night in the middle of nowhere...

And the difference between this one and your sighting is...?

My sighting was more out of sci-fi movie... It was literally 2 or so in the morning. Dead of night, and I saw something off in the distance and before you know it a strange flashy thing happened, but it had a green tint to it... Very hard to explain and mine was at night time not day, so different from that stand point

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
There are lots of industries out there that require people to go around and take photos of their equipment, branding, etc. I think the possibility is higher that the photographer just caught a bird in motion. As OP says it would just be second nature, someone's just out on the job catching quick photos - the likelihood of them waiting for a clear frame is very low, they'll just take the photo (as would I if I were doing that kind of thing).

I've never really understood the "things just turn up in a single frame of a photo" thing, I don't think UFO's pop in and out of one frame existence myself, I think when these things happen they're noticeable events - considering most sightings and videos occur at a minimum of 5 or 6 seconds. And majority of people in a real sighting would then be drawn to the object and watch it (and perhaps take more photos). Maybe they do hide themselves in the frames of time, but I honestly think the higher likelihood in this situation is a passing bird.

But it's certainly fair to post OP! Perhaps if you probe the photographer he might have a more fascinating tale to tell of that day he was taking photos. But I'm not going to be all pushy like some - can we have this? when can you get this? You seem curious and my opinion is "natural thing" on this one. Keep an eye out on those photos though, perhaps one will turn up with something that isn't in motion and IS rather un-natural. If anyone's likely to find them in amongst photos of cell towers, its you!!

S&F
edit on 9-1-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Marky- I love that avatar... I still remember and laugh at the day when the guy made that thread with that drawing in it describing what he saw....

edit on 9-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

You can get the original from MUFON, just select Search UFO database and then
type case number 43195. The original report with photo 668 kb 2667 X 2000.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
I never get an image up when I post, just a link. This is the full res version

Sure, downloaded from MUFON website as I reported here.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join