It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please look at this photo and tell me what you think

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
crescent shaped UFO moving toward the right of picture.

are those fiber optic cables that are all bent up like that on that ugly as f*** cell pole?
that's some really shoddy work [not yours OP]

S&F

The thicker black cables are copper coax. The thin grey wires are grounding cables tied into different buss bars along the length of the pole. But yeah, not a very pretty job at all... especially on the grounding.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm calling it a bird also, flying toward the trunk of the tower. If you sharpen the image a tad I believe you can make out the beak. The coloring is also consistent with the bird idea. I take many images in nature parks and have seen my fair share of streaking birdies. It was shot on a Samsung, maybe a Galaxy cell with a shutter speed of 1/431. Slow movement at that speed is generally not a problem but birds are quite fast in flight. This in my opinion would cause just enough blur to distort the bird.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Any pelicans in Ohio? Size and colour with motion blur...... Possibility?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I think it`s a bird but it has to be a rather large predatory bird. eagles and hawks can dive at incredible speeds when they are hunting. osprey and bald eagles are the 2 largest birds native to N.E. ohio.If the picture was taken near a body of water i would guess that it`s an Osprey hunting fish. Bald eagles are more of a scavenger than a hunter.
another relatively large predatory bird native to northern ohio is the coopers hawk.

Osprey:
media.cleveland.com...

Coopers Hawk:
media.cleveland.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
Any pelicans in Ohio? Size and colour with motion blur...... Possibility?

No, no pelicans. As for sea birds, LOTS of seagulls, as well as plenty of cranes, herons, osprey, etc.
edit on 1/8/13 by larphillips because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
To OP

Here is your posted image blown up x1000 from what you have posted ...

and this one with enhanced contrast.

This is anything but birds

Excellent capture.

edit on 8-1-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Its a UFO, dahhhh,

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The bird explanation is just silly. It's clearly a very bright day and any camera's auto settings would certainly set aperture and shutter speed accordingly which would capture a bird in flight at distance, without ambiguity. This object is exceeding the settings. No bird here, but maybe it's a Chinese lantern

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by gortex
I think its probably a bird .
sorry

Bah, too bad. Big ass bird, though. That's a 190' tower, taken from the ground, and the object appears to be behind the tower, not in front of.

The horizontal metal structural member from the pole to the cell tower equipment is probably a 4" or 6" square tube -- maybe an 8" or 10" tube at best. If the bird is only a few feet behind that square tube, then doesn't it stand to reason that the bird may be only 6" tall at most?

edit on 1/8/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

What did you gain by blowing it up x1000? Interpolation by chance! I think all you have done here is downgrade any information that was present in the original. just my 2c

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Do you have the EXIF with camera settings?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Download the image and they are contained within

link   

Originally posted by antar
If it is a bird it is a metal one, alien for sure. If terrestrial, it is probably a drone.

Here's another example of a "UFO" some people thought looked metallic:

But this is what that particular one seemed to be to me:

link   
reply to post by larphillips

I honestly couldn't tell you what it is, as I'm no aficionado with photography. What I can say is that to me it looks remarkably like the lid of a Mason jar- flung upside down.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
reply to post by amkia

What did you gain by blowing it up x1000? Interpolation by chance! I think all you have done here is downgrade any information that was present in the original. just my 2c

When you zoom in to poor quality image you’ll end up with horribly pixelated image, by using professional image enhancer you will reduce the size of pixels near to the original.

Then you’ll have to magnify the image to reasonable size.

It shows clearly a (metallic) nature .

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
If it is a bird it is a metal one, alien for sure. If terrestrial, it is probably a drone.

What makes you so certain that it is a metallic alien object? I see a blurry greyish white something....

I do wonder of the possibility of a bird as well. Not saying that is what I think it is... I don't know it is ( And to be fair...I don't think you do either...At least not at this point)

I've seen plenty of bird pictures that were similar to what we are seeing in the OP, so it is hard for me to rule it out. At this point in time any way.

Forgive me, but I am just not willing to jump to the conclusion of "metallic alien object" just yet.... I think perhaps we should work and rule out other, more earthly explanations first... And then, if we still can't find an answer....

Then perhaps it is time to jump....But... Untill then... Let's keep our feet on the ground and see what we can figure out for sure.
edit on 8-1-2013 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Wow, I have never seen an 190 ft wooden pole before.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

The info you download is what it is and by zooming it to x1000 your computer is having to make up information which is called interpolation. You will end up with a more metallic object due to this process.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyLiberalHippie

Understood, however I plan to leave the skepticism and debunking to the skeptics and debunkers.

It looks like a UFO to me. It does not look like a bird at all.

If one must rule out anything extraterrestrial, then I would have to go with some form of drone.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Bird? What bird? I don't see a bird.

I see a metallic object of some kind that is reflecting the sunlight on the right side.

Do bird feathers reflect sunlight that brightly?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join