It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please look at this photo and tell me what you think

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfgang13
I can't imagine that being a bird. If it was, it would be flying diagonally upwards without flapping it's wings at an awful high speed. It just doesn't seem right.
edit on 12-1-2013 by Wolfgang13 because: (no reason given)

Could it be a bird moving downward, from left to right, with its wings either pulled in or perpendicular to the camera?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This is one of those things you honestly will prob never know. Could be a multitude of things but for people like this is the kind of stuff that makes our imaginations run wild.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It looks like a ufo

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfgang13
I can't imagine that being a bird. If it was, it would be flying diagonally upwards without flapping it's wings at an awful high speed. It just doesn't seem right.
edit on 12-1-2013 by Wolfgang13 because: (no reason given)

Please tell us exactly how you worked out the speed

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I can tell you that. The farther away an object is, the slower it seems to go. Just like if you are right next to a highway, tha cars seem to go flying by, but if you are quite a ways away, they seem to be moving a little sluggishly. This object is very far away, judging by it's size, and even at that distance, it is only a fuzzy blur, a "speed blur" as some call it. That tells you it must be going at an "awefully high speed".

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

BTW, larphillips, could you possibly send me the original photo? I would like to see it in a better quality.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon0687
I can tell you that. The farther away an object is, the slower it seems to go. Just like if you are right next to a highway, tha cars seem to go flying by, but if you are quite a ways away, they seem to be moving a little sluggishly. This object is very far away, judging by it's size, and even at that distance, it is only a fuzzy blur, a "speed blur" as some call it. That tells you it must be going at an "awefully high speed".

I think the object could also be close. It may be a few feet (25 feet/7 or 8 meters) behind the pole. I suppose it may even be in front of the pole, although I'm more inclined to think it looks to be slightly behind the pole.

Maybe it is farther away than I think it is, but in my opinion, it doesn't seem that far away at all, based on the dark contrast of the object's color (I would think something further away would look more washed-out, color wise, due to air density).

edit on 1/14/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

That depends more upon air pollution, location, time of day, etc. etc. Besides, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It is perfectly fine if you don't think it is going that fast. I really don't care one way or the other. I simply wished to clarify.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Sorry but WHAT
we know a hell of a lot about this picture including the shutter speed 1/500th of a second we also so have the data on the camera and if you look at my previous posts I provided a link the the online depth of field calculator here Depth of Field

If you don't know what that is it's, it's the area of acceptable sharpness of an image in front and behind the point of focus.

We have all the data required from the point of focus about 80ft , the aperture and the focal length the camera was at.

The zone of sharpness is about 52 ft from the camera to 171ft from the camera.

So given that we can see the motion blur on a reasonably fast shutter speed I am saying the object is closer than 52 ft from the camera as it's also out of focus as well.

If the object was far fro the camera the amount of motion blur would be a lot less or non existent.
edit on 14-1-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I think the object could also be close. It may be a few feet (25 feet/7 or 8 meters) behind the pole. I suppose it may even be in front of the pole, although I'm more inclined to think it looks to be slightly behind the pole.

Maybe it is farther away than I think it is, but in my opinion, it doesn't seem that far away at all, based on the dark contrast of the object's color (I would think something further away would look more washed-out, color wise, due to air density).

Hi I agree with you on quite a lot of things on here but 25ft of air isn't going to have that much effect on the colour due to air density!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well, doesn't matter anyways. The question is what itis, not how fast it is going.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragoon0687

The question is what it is, not how fast it is going.

The question has been answered many times over , it's a Bird ... I should know ...I'm an Ostrich

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Hi I agree with you on quite a lot of things on here but 25ft of air isn't going to have that much effect on the colour due to air density!

Maybe my post wasn't clear enough...what I meant was that I don't think it is a large object very far away. I think it could be a small-ish object relatively close to the camera. It could be only a few feet from the pole, not hundreds (or even thousands) of feet behind the pole.

Basically, i think it is bird-sized.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
That's no bird men

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by darktouch
That's no bird men

Do you have any reasons for saying that it CAN'T be a bird?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

reply to post by larphillips

BTW, larphillips, could you possibly send me the original photo? I would like to see it in a better quality.

If you go further through the thread, you'll find there are a couple of posters who have kindly offered to host the orginal photograph on their sites. They provided links.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join