It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First man On Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm thinking of sending a letter to Nasa to tell them that me ready, i'm the man they need, i have the right stuff.

Seriously, i'm done with this Planet, it sucks and i'm Ready to become the first Man on Mars for them..Being a Scot should not be a problem as Armstrong, Glenn and many others in the space program were all of Scottish descent..it's in our blood to boldly go...so bring it on!!

I Live alone so isolation would not be a problem for me...actually..i dont even like people, so i'm good to go.

Also, i would be a cheap and cheerful payload as i only weigh around 100 kg's...considering the rover weighed in at around a ton i would be a fraction of the cost to send and i could probably cover more ground in a hour than the rover covers in a week.

I'm a hard worker, I also smoke, i wonder if this could be a problem....suppose i could just nip outside for a fly one...
So NASA, I'm all yours...If anyone else is pissed off with Planet Earth feels like it's time for a move, let me know and i'll tell NASA ASAP...I might need a labourer

I'm not that good with speeches though, so could one of our members write me a speech for when i descend those steps and i'm about to take another giant leap for Man.....
Also, i would like a cool name...Buzz is cool...so something like Buzz..only different..

Cheers....The Beagle has landed. S

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Well you may have your chance...

Apply to colonize Mars

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Bummer, there will be others....I'm trying to get away from stupid Earthlings

stuff it, i'll apply anyway...Mentions nothing about Smoking

edit on 8-1-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Instresting, kinda gob smacked lol

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I vote Ron Paul!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." Erm... wait.

"David Cameron is the worst Prime Minister in history and I'm on Mars b*tches!"

"As I step down onto this alien world I see, holy crap, ALIENS!"

In all seriousness I'm sensing some pain in your post. Do you have a therapist? Don't laugh and don't think I'm making light of your situation, I ask from genuine concern.

Edit: And your nickname will be Zzub (see what I did there).

edit on 8-1-2013 by PW229 because: Edit: Added Nickname

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Seriously, i'm done with this Planet, it sucks and i'm Ready to become the first Man on Mars for them

I don't think any agency (NASA, ESA) would be interested in disillusioned, antisocial misfits...of any nationality.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Your title reminded me of the old science fiction movie, "Robinson Caruso on Mars". Of course he had his monkey and his alien buddy.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Right, that's my name on the list....just a waiting game now..I wonder if they want me to do any special training like sleeping for a few months at a time and stuff..No Problem..

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
...I Live alone so isolation would not be a problem for me...actually..i dont even like people, so i'm good to go...

It sounds like you'll be a real joy to be around for your crewmates, who will be stuck with you on a small spaceship for the six month journey to Mars (and year there, and the journey back).

edit on 1/8/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I don't think any agency (NASA, ESA) would be interested in disillusioned, antisocial misfits...of any nationality.

Ah c'mon Phage, have a bit of fun with it. Don't you remember that hilarious thread that suggested people with terminal diseases should be sent into space? Oh how I laughed and laughed. What about the one where we should send prisoners on death row into space? Quite what they were going to do once there is beyond me,

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Seriously, i'm done with this Planet, it sucks and i'm Ready to become the first Man on Mars for them

or judgmental, condescending asswipes for that matter....

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

or judgmental, condescending asswipes for that matter....

Ouch! That one had to hurt a little, LOL.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Judgmental?
It was your own self description; you don't like the world, you don't like people. That makes you disillusioned and an antisocial misfit.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

A simple word like misanthrope would have been sufficient Phage. Play nice.

top topics

join