It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hospital Ghost

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Really does look like photoshop but if it is real then it is a remarkable story.

I used to always get the chills in the old hospital in my area.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Your friend has been posting this all over the internet then?

www.tineye.com...

Some conflicting stories seem to be occurring here...

Edit - According to some of those pages, this photo has been around for a fair few years.
edit on 8/1/13 by TRiPWiRE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
JPEGSnoop tells me this -

"Based on the analysis of compression characteristics and EXIF metadata: ASSESSMENT: Class 1 - Image is processed/edited"

I say it's fake. It's been doing the internet rounds since about 2007.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

My wife said it had been circulating around the staff at the hospital as well so who knows if this was something to get a scare out of co-workers or the work of a bored staff member. There are some digitally talented people in Boulder, CO where this supposedly comes from.

Thanks for everyone's input in the thread.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Theres a ton of ghost Iphone apps that produce similar images such as the one posted, generally with an older style gentleman or lady to give it that 'ghostly' effect.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
OP has been telling porkies.

Attention seeking is a call for help.

Yes its fake fake fake.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I don't know why people keep bringing this up...if ghosts are real, which I believe they are, then I think that they are a representation of themselves as they were when they were alive. Therefore, we all wear clothes when we are alive, we usually die wearing our clothes and then are generally buried wearing clothes as well, so I just don't get the whole ghosts should be naked idea. I could understand if, for example a regular ghost sighting showed the ghost wearing different clothes all of the time, but they don't, they generally tend to be dressed in the type of clothing they wore when alive. I really don't see why it's such a stretch of the imagination to believe that a representation of a person who was once alive, would look exactly as they did when they were alive.

As for the photo, I've seen this before, at least two years ago, so I don't believe the OP's story about it being recently taken by a friend

Edit: I see Tripwire beat me to it, yes this photo is old and has had several stories attached to it

edit on 9-1-2013 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I saw this photo last week on a site I found through StumbleUpon. You might be able to find it if you sub-search for paranormal - but I have no idea of how to go back through to find the exact sites I've previously visited.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

yah noticed that myself, not to mention the plastic black arm would probably be infront of ghost in the mirror image

still looks cool though ^^

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
Look at the bottom left corner of the mirror. There is a corner of a box showing in the mirror that isn't there in front of the mirror. Some kind of Photoshop fakery.

it is the corner of the hospital table which is in the front of the mirror, very creepy picture. I have no idea if it is real, but creepy.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hardly credible without the EXIF data.
Someone already pointed out the editing flaws.

I'd have to say hoax but I'd be more open minded if I could see the original image.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Terrible use of Photoshop!
I'm amazed at the amount of people with poor attention to detail.
Note to ghost picture posters.... Please use good judgment prior to posting easily discernible photo manipulated pics.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Aside from the fact that the picture is fake, anyone that has worked in an old hospital cannot deny the fact that some strange # goes on in there. I worked in an old hospital when I just started for about 2 yrs. before they built a new one, and in that short time I saw my fair share of "the unexplainable".

edit on 10-1-2013 by sidd129 because: Clicked wrong button

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Yeah, when I see ghost with colths on I just don't believe its the real deal. How do cloths pass on? Next!

Yeah its not like they have shops for ghosts.... what is this beetlejuice?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by starshift

This can't be a real image, the images in the mirror do not match with what's in the mirror, i.e. the chair and sink. Also I would like to remind everyone of all the new phone applications out there, many, many applications allow you to layer pictures on top of the other ...just sayin. Oh yeah, and I went to school for this stuff ...it just doesn't match up.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisper

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Yeah, when I see ghost with colths on I just don't believe its the real deal. How do cloths pass on? Next!

Yeah its not like they have shops for ghosts.... what is this beetlejuice?

Some "scientists" have theorized that some ghost images that people see are some kind of imprint in time that keeps looping, like a recording or something like that.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The photo is relatively grainy, but the face of the "man" is perfectly clear.

My vote is that this has been photoshop-ed or it's some sort of app on the phone.

Either way, it's not genuine.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
While it does have that fake look to it, some of the arguments so far are invalid, in my opinion. The bed should NOT be shown in the mirror, as the edge of the table/food tray sticks out farther than the bed, and not enough of that table/tray is shown in the mirror for the bed to enter into the picture. And next, the "box" in the lower left hand corner is not a box, but a reflection from that aforementioned tray table. Those are the only arguments I read, and if a photo is going to be deemed fake, it should be done so on legitimate merits. For to do so and be wrong is like faking something yourself, as you are guilty of accusing someone based on your own inability to observe and reason. A cursory glance is not enough to call someone out on.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Looks nothing like my real picture that will be posted once im allowed....

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
While it does have that fake look to it, some of the arguments so far are invalid, in my opinion. The bed should NOT be shown in the mirror, as the edge of the table/food tray sticks out farther than the bed, and not enough of that table/tray is shown in the mirror for the bed to enter into the picture. And next, the "box" in the lower left hand corner is not a box, but a reflection from that aforementioned tray table. Those are the only arguments I read, and if a photo is going to be deemed fake, it should be done so on legitimate merits. For to do so and be wrong is like faking something yourself, as you are guilty of accusing someone based on your own inability to observe and reason. A cursory glance is not enough to call someone out on.

Then you didn't read enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join