Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

A Handy publication in a crisis: Combat Casualty Care Handbook

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I just found this manual below posted to public intelligence. It is I think a handy thing to have and to study if you are in a medical related field you might be called upon in a crisis to perform much of this type of triage work.

U.S. Army Special Operations Forces Combat Casualty Care Handbook

If you can not use it yourself perhaps you can email the link to someone who will. In the very near future when our economy collapses completely and the government starts rounding up arms from the citizens there will be need for people familiar with this material covered in this small 66 page manual.

Everyone should have in their car or their bag the items discussed in this short publication. At the very least have a case of tourniquets stashed in your car and or home or business. When blood is in the streets we will have to have some people prepared to handle gun shot wounded people. More than hospitals can handle is likely I think. The government did not buy 1.6 billion rounds of hollow points for nothing. They are expecting a fight. We the people had better be prepared mentally and physically to not just stand up but to also help out those who do.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Everyone should also include in your basic kit one or more of these.

Z-Medica QuikClot Trauma Pack w/ ACS

I am not endorsing this above linked product or company you can source these any place. Most Army Navy stores carry them or lots of other online med and military supply houses carry them as well of course. It can literately save your life or someone you love or even a stranger on the street who has had a severe trauma.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

Yup.

Most anything can be used as an improvised tourniquet, and sticks can be found pretty much anywhere.

If nothing else, duct tape can contain most wounds until proper care can be reached.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Man that duct tape would be painful to remove but I guess it beats bleeding out from 40 caliber government hollow point trauma.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Great thread!

This is the sort of topic/s, we need to be discussing.

I like to bring awareness along with me, situational awareness is a great first step. But until one sees into the collective bigger picture, they won't have situa tional understanding.

Every weapons course from home defense to getting a concealed pistol license, is lacking in the most important aspect of being complete. What I am saying is, they are only 50% of what they ought to be.

These courses teach how to handle a firearm, but do not address the effects of such. Wounds, while not necessarily fatal, are virtually guaranteed. With that in mind, it is in my opinion that CPR as well as First Aid, such as a Combat Life Saver Course, are essential valid requirements with a well rounded and complete, for training with weapon systems.

Personally, it doesn't matter what self defense choice one decides.
They should all be taught with a cause and effect approach to the training.

If more people whom have been found law abiding and able to carry concealed, were also certified in medical skills, or those with medical skills also would carry concealed, we could have more potential first responders. These words are of course my own personal opinion, based on my life's experience. Of course others will have their own, which I expect to be different.

Perhaps, this is just another aspect to which in general, we need to wake up to.

I'm glad this topics came up, as it gave me this opportunity to post what I have been pondering for some time.

A solution to active shooters, with an enhanced active shooter response, provided first responders are volunteers with medical and concealed licenses.

I'm looking forward to seeing this threads discussion, and how it unfolds.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I like it. Your idea of combining concealed carry licensing with some basic EMT training in combat related injury trauma care. This would or could be an upgraded license and I think after what you stated it should be called the Active Shooter Situation Engagement Response Trained. ASSERT licensed I would want to call it. I love it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This is NOT an SOF particular handbook.

Anyone who goes through a CLS (Combat Life Saver) course has to read this manual.

I am not SOF and I am a certified CLS. Tactical Combat Casualty Care or TCCC has become immensely important since not all units can be staffed with medics.

You will notice that it isn't all about patching up the wound. This handbook assumes you know a thing or two about operations in tactical environments. Much of what you would have to do in a situation that requires the implementation of TCCC would also require the knowledge of a soldier.

edit on 9-1-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Being a combat arms trained veteran I just did not think of that. When reading it all just seemed helpful to me but your point it taken.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It is a good thing, we have a few of those around here then, combat veterans that is.

Either way, one doesn't need an 18-series identifier for this stuff no, that is not the point. It is good info, I understand your insistence on correct usage of reference however. I prefer it as well, but point being, this is need to know info for every one.

EMS w/ CPL, is a win win no matter how it is looked at.

Even basic marksmanship with first aid and CPR, is better than ignorance.
A more proactive, informed and aware public in general is what's needed, but we all know that would be too easy....so.

What yall's take on this?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

PM me when you have the ASSERT thread up and I will subscribe and join the discussion.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

You know it.

Consider it done.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hold still, I am trying to read...

Sucking chest wound, yata yata yata, HOLD STILL, stop screaming, I am reading as fast as I can.

Great thing to have, I downloaded the pdf.

Probably will print a nice copy for the ditch bag and take it to the office supply store and have them put one of those spiral binding things on it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Yes you want to study it a bit before trying out the procedures detailed within it. You paint a pretty funny but gruesome picture there.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Also, make sure to practice the pressure dressing and tourniquet. That may sound like an odd request, but it is important to know.

This is a prime discussion for the survival podcast.

Ok, back on topic.

The 9 line may not always be useful for individual situations, but in a mass casualty condition, it is going to make things easier. I recommend one kept in with allergy info.

9 line Video

Info< br />

edit on 9-1-2013 by ADVISOR because: links needed fixing

new topics

top topics

join