It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is no one touching this remark?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by sacgamer25

It is through his death we were offered Grace

See! You are giving death a power. You are saying that god wasn't powerful enough to just give us grace without the help of a death ritual.

I am saying man did not have enough faith to believe without witnessing the resurrection. Christ took away the power death had on people. There is no reason to fear death if you follow the one law that pretty much everyone agrees with. Love everyone.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

reply to post by NewAgeMan

Three days... The stone can be rolled away if you still have the lever.. (who's tomb was it anyway)?

This is a very good point, NAM.

Look, I don't even know if Jesus existed, but for the sake of this discussion I will conceded the point. Jesus walked the earth. Now, please come half way (JUST for the sake of this discussion) and think of Jesus as just a man.

Now, with ATS being a site of rampant conspiracies, and if this biblical story was of just a man, even you would give some credence to these two issues:

1. WHY would someone offer their tomb to Jesus? Answer, because Joseph KNEW that Jesus would only be in there for just three days.

2. Those soldiers guarding the tomb were paid to take a hike while the body was removed.

No one rented a tomb. Jesus worked for the very wealthy Joseph of Aramathea; traveled with him (A Tin Merchant) the British Isles/ these areas were the location of his mining interests. This as after the Qumran gnosic teachings as a child and before his ministry started at 30. Between two hills is the meaning of Aramathea, this is where the burial tomb was located, underneath a newly built apartment complex in Jeruselem. No body resurrected, only his spirit. No soldiers nothing but a grand fairytail for the illiterate to make sense of (madness then) even more so now 2000 years later.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Jigger, thank you so much for showing me how wrong I was, I'd expected you to be more logical.
You didn't touch MY remarks or links, I'll TRY to refrain from wasting my time with your pointless grumblings.

The fence is for cowards.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by LittleByLittle
reply to post by Itisnowagain

But one must die to feel Gods presence. The person you 'think' you are is lost in thought, lost in time.

You do not have to have the body physicly die to feel a limited version of oneness even while being alive. But you might be talking about "ego death"/"limited mind perception" instead. But really the "you" is not really lost but understands that the "you" is not as limited as "you" thought "you" where

You do not 'physically' die but you 'mentally' die. However, when you mentally die there is a realization that there is no physical world. Jesus overcame the world by realizing that the 'world' is no more than an idea.
Humans are mental. They believe the thoughts they have rather than what their eyes see and ears hear. Humans live in the mind made of time.
When timeless being (presence) is realized, the time bound person you believe you are dies.

Just the opposite. You physically die, your spirit does not as it is eternal. This 3d construct is a playground in so much as a gross body can move about. Too heavy in a low frequency for all other dimensions above it unless you are skilled at that type of traveling between dimensions-Maya etc. This world is unique because it is the only one in existance ever anywhere including this galaxy. This is the only linear time based experiment to have existed (why it is so fought over, the natural resources- GOLD a real estate thing). You are timeless, pay attention to what you believe to be dreamtime-you are actually out of body exploring.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders
Jigger, thank you so much for showing me how wrong I was, I'd expected you to be more logical.
You didn't touch MY remarks or links, I'll TRY to refrain from wasting my time with your pointless grumblings.

What did it do? Jigger hasnt responded to any posts of mine feel yourself fortunate. The whole point of being the OP is to manage, maintain and encourage respondees--

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

What did it do? Jigger hasnt responded to any posts of mine feel yourself fortunate. The whole point of being the OP is to manage, maintain and encourage respondees--

Well, I blame myself for hoping that he actually wanted an answer and that he'd pay me the same courtesy of giving his opinion, since he supposedly oozes with logic. Thank you for this response.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Well, I blame myself for hoping that he actually wanted an answer and that he'd pay me the same courtesy of giving his opinion, since he supposedly oozes with logic. Thank you for this response.

LOOK TO THE OP STATEMENT OF EXISTANCE (holds all of the answers). Start with "Why Is No one Responding to This Remark".
edit on 9-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

She decided that so much work and progress was worth more than the truth.

Is it, do you think? Of the billions of minds focused on this false belief, what if they had been focused on something based on fact, what if just ONE of those minds came up with a better idea on how to serve his fellow man? Of course, the answer is we'll never know.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Are you saying that without the blood of Christ god COULDN'T have washed away the sins of the world?

Of course God in his awesome power could do as he chooses to do. But you have to remember God is not alone in Heaven. Two thirds of heavens angels played the smart card and stayed with the Creator, our Heavenly Father. They loved God. So with all the host of Heaven watching, what has transpired with this new thing called rebellion, that they are all a witness too. It obviously wouldn't be right for God to just forgive all sin because the law of God is " The wages of sin is death ". Why is it death for even the slightest transgression against Gods law ? Sin ?

The Devil chose to do all things exactly opposite of how God does it. And he has been allowed to run wild on this planet and and have just this world, the Earth, ran under his way. So in the end all will see why it's just a good idea to listen to the one who created us. This world is full of evil and it wasn't meant to be that way. The Earth is as we speak the stage where all of this war between good and evil is being played out. And in the end all will see and remember what went on here. They will know, we will know God is true and just and can not tolerate sin. As we can see why by looking around this world in the state it's in. God obviously had to have a plan to redeem mankind or all would be lost. Christ is the only way that fit. Or God becomes unjust or a liar or immoral by just deciding to give all sin a pardon.

God won't stand for the slightest error because with sin you get a whole host of the goings on we seen here on earth. On Earth under these conditions where Satan's way is rule ? You can't count or begin to fathom the tragedies. Little babies get raped in this world. Little kids get shot and bombed in this world. Because of the evil identified in the Bible that had to be allowed it's time.

Now here's the kicker. Most of you atheists want to turn right around and blame God for the way things are.

Does this help ?
edit on 10-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

It is only when you come to the present moment and forget the past and forget the future that you will feel the presence (of God). But one must die to feel Gods presence.
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You do realize that you contradicted yourself with this statement, right?

As for forgetting the past and future, I do that all the time. Like right now. I am so involved with you and others right now, that I am living JUST in this present moment. I do this even when I'm reading a good book. But then you say we can't feel god's presence until we're dead. So, I don't know where to go from there.

No, i don't see how i contradicted myself with that statement, maybe you could explain how.

How can you not see it? You wrote "It is only when you come to the present moment and forget the past and forget the future that you will feel the presence (of God). But one must die to feel Gods presence."

If right now I'm living in the present moment, then you say I will feel the presence of god, and then you say this is not so because one must die to feel god's presence. Which is it?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

See! You are giving death a power. You are saying that god wasn't powerful enough to just give us grace without the help of a death ritual.

I am saying man did not have enough faith to believe without witnessing the resurrection. Christ took away the power death had on people. There is no reason to fear death if you follow the one law that pretty much everyone agrees with. Love everyone.

The apostles supposedly watched Jesus bring people back from the dead, heal the blind and crippled, feed a multitude on a few loaves of bread and a couple of fish, turn water into wine, cast demons into pigs that ran off a cliff... And they didn't have enough faith? If all these things weren't enough, what would dying do? And what would dying do that watching him rise into the heavens wouldn't do? If he wasn't crucified and just floated up off the ground, I would have been VERY impressed!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Now here's the kicker. Most of you atheists want to turn right around and blame God for the way things are.

No we don't. We want the religious to stop giving god credit for all the good in the world while never blaming him for all the bad.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The apostles supposedly watched Jesus bring people back from the dead, heal the blind and crippled, feed a multitude on a few loaves of bread and a couple of fish, turn water into wine, cast demons into pigs that ran off a cliff... And they didn't have enough faith? If all these things weren't enough, what would dying do? And what would dying do that watching him rise into the heavens wouldn't do? If he wasn't crucified and just floated up off the ground, I would have been VERY impressed!

I suppose God could have chosen any number of ways to get his point across, but who am I am to argue with God? You asked for an answer so I gave you what you ask for. And somehow you think that just ascending to heaven would have had the same impact as bleeding to death, nailed to a cross, and then rising from the grave three days later.

Personally I actually agree that God's way of getting his point across was quite effective. May I suggest you read this before you continue to debate me on God? Not so you will be converted but so you know that I come from a different place than the other Christians you have encountered.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well any way, as far as your remark goes, I've now been all touchy feelie with it ! Gave it a foot massage even.

No we don't. We want the religious to stop giving god credit for all the good in the world while never blaming him for all the bad.

Is it such an annoyance to you that people believe this ? No wonder you're all grumpy all the time !

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I would like to present to you one paragraph that I believe

LOL You started that thread the same way an any other religious person would. Since even in the same religion no two people agree on everything, they always have to say, "Well, I believe this to be true..."

And yet, these people (yourself included) refuse to see the reality around them, a reality that screams about how false their beliefs are.

You claim that there is one law, that being 'love'.

Now, religion has been preaching this love for your fellow man for over FIVE THOUSAND YEARS. Today, with 7 billion people on the planet, there are two billion Muslims, two billion Christians, a billion Jews, and let's say a billion and a half following smaller religions - all of them preaching love.

There are over six and half billion religious people preaching love, love, love. And, what are seeing in the world today? War, hatred, intolerance, greed, lust for sex, lust for power, cruelty, starvation... What does this tell us? Well, it's as plain as the nose on your face, LOVE is not working. It's not the answer.

The answer is: there is no answer. We are humans doing exactly what humans do - nothing more, nothing less. It's just the way it is.

There is a solution, but it's so far out there that no one would even consider it. If everyone agreed to take a pill that destroyed the emotion center of the brain, there would be no more aggression, war, lust... Would you want to live in that world? I know I wouldn't. This life is as good as it gets. Enjoy it!
edit on 1/10/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

edit on 1/10/2013 by jiggerj because: misread post

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Is it such an annoyance to you that people believe this ? No wonder you're all grumpy all the time !

Why are you turning this on me? You made a claim and I showed my side of it. If you give god credit for the good, and never the bad, then it's not an atheist claim, is it?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You read my post through Christian stereotype. You yourself have asked that we do not do that to you. I have not done that to you so why do you do that to me?

There is no Jew, no Muslim, and no Christian. We are all just men. Each of us accountable to love. I don't care what you call yourself. But the message I believe comes from Christ. And the message I received through him is not as far from what you are saying as you believe.

Are they preaching love? Can the one that preaches separation also be preaching love? Love does not create separation; therefore they are not preaching love.

Please before you assume that I am bringing you love the way these men did, understand that this is simply not the case.

You believe that men have free will and the ability to be good all on their own. And in part this is true. We are all born to know that love is the answer. What we don't acknowledge is the judgment that we bring upon ourselves when we go against that love. If you can become one with love without Christ than may we all rejoice for you.

But if you are not one with love than maybe I have a point. Not based on a book but based on the truth that I have not judged you, condemned you, or shown you anything that would be considered unloving.

If I did not get this interpretation from Love, what I call Jesus, where did it come from?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Why are you turning this on me?

Because you da guy what wrote da thread !

No, I'm not meaning to do that really. you must know I jest !

It just seems that your pet peeve might be the belief in the two personifications that are the construct for duality.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

You read my post through Christian stereotype. You yourself have asked that we do not do that to you. I have not done that to you so why do you do that to me?

What? I read your post through believers of 'Love is the answer'. It doesn't matter what the name of the religion is.

But the message I believe comes from Christ.

What???? I'm stopping here. Good day.
edit on 1/10/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join