Why is no one touching this remark?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I think that Satan had something to do with it. Basically, Satan agreed to forgive the sins of those who were required by contract to enter Hell in exchange for God allowing Jesus to be crucified. The war between God and Satan might have resulted in any number of peace agreements, including imprisoning imperfects in Hell. It was probably only though this arrangement that God could do what He wanted.

We can find similar dealings in the arrangement between God and Satan for the End Times, where the Anti-Christ gets to rule for 20-30 years before being taken down by a returning Savior. Satan knows that this will happen, but made the contract, presumably he is satisfied with his end of the bargain here, as well. I believe he gets to take the souls of those who are tricked into receiving the mark, he could be after that, or maybe he is after cultural information that could only be obtained during a period of darkness, or both.
edit on 9-1-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle
reply to post by Itisnowagain

But one must die to feel Gods presence. The person you 'think' you are is lost in thought, lost in time.

You do not have to have the body physicly die to feel a limited version of oneness even while being alive. But you might be talking about "ego death"/"limited mind perception" instead. But really the "you" is not really lost but understands that the "you" is not as limited as "you" thought "you" where

You do not 'physically' die but you 'mentally' die. However, when you mentally die there is a realization that there is no physical world. Jesus overcame the world by realizing that the 'world' is no more than an idea.
Humans are mental. They believe the thoughts they have rather than what their eyes see and ears hear. Humans live in the mind made of time.
When timeless being (presence) is realized, the time bound person you believe you are dies.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

You do not 'physically' die but you 'mentally' die. However, when you mentally die there is a realization that there is no physical world. Jesus overcame the world by realizing that the 'world' is no more than an idea. Humans are mental. They believe the thoughts they have rather than what their eyes see and ears hear. Humans live in the mind made of time. When timeless being (presence) is realized, the time bound person you believe you are dies.

You still experiance time and live in it from my point of view but just do not care that much about it since you have a perspective that spans billions of years and on a physical scale that is larger than this one planet system. I still think an hour can go so slow by sometimes when you are bored but on the larger perspective 100 years is like a minute.

It is from my point a mental block we humans create to care about small minded things.

It is really easy to not care about instant ego gratification that limit others when you have the perspective of thinking in 1000:s of year and knowing the oneness is the true nature of reality when it has finished evolving. Being human is only a temporary phase, but there is no real hurry to have your soul evolve if you wanna stay around and smell the roses.

I love the blessed ones and the feelings they bring but as a whole god is not perfect yet since it is still a bit schizophrenic and is needing help to get better, since at least my soul is clearly still evolving
. One step at a time. It is not a race to the finish line.
edit on 9-1-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Time is only a mental construct. Humans imagine time so they can continue. In the time they imagine, they suffer. Humans suffer from worrying about the past and future. They build a world inside their minds and live in it.
Come out of the mind and see and hear.
All seeing, all knowing and ever present.

Believing in time makes one believe one is incomplete. You 'think' you are becoming. The belief that life is evolving into something but is not complete yet is stopping 'being' being known.
This is being and is complete. It is the belief in time prevents presence from being felt.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Look Jesus was crucified because that was the method of death/torture at the time. Jesus spoke out against the belief of most higher ups. He brought a message to the people. I don't know if there is a God but I have to believe there is. It keeps me accountable for my actions good or bad and I want to instill the belief in my children. Science keeps telling me no but without the belief in God this world will destroy itself.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I don't know if there is a God but I have to believe there is. It keeps me accountable for my actions good or bad and I want to instill the belief in my children. Science keeps telling me no but without the belief in God this world will destroy itself.

So the decision to believe in a god isn't obligation, but desire for authority?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I don't know if there is a God but I have to believe there is. It keeps me accountable for my actions good or bad and I want to instill the belief in my children. Science keeps telling me no but without the belief in God this world will destroy itself.

Yep I guess you could say that. I don't know the answers to a Gods existence. No one can say for sure. Scientific theories made me want to believe there is no God. And it almost worked. This year and moving forward I am going to try and reinvent my faith in God.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
reply to post by jiggerj

Death was created as a punishment for sin. Jesus died without sin, and when he did, death became no longer a punishment for sin but for sinners. Everybody was given a chance to be forgiven as Christ willed it, but sinners and those detached from Goodness are still subject to death, however death is not permanent. Christ's resurrection led the way for a resurrection of all souls, for final judgement, where all men will be judged not according to their beliefs, but their deeds.

Not trying to be argumentative here, Spirit. I just want to point out that when people seek to find the good in something, they will totally disregard the bad. You see the death of Jesus as having a purpose. I see a man (or even if he is a god) as someone who committed suicide. If he and god willed his death to take place, then this is suicide. We MUST be repulsed by this act because it teaches others (usually young teens) that suicide is a viable option.

How is it that death was created as a punishment when innocent creatures have died since the beginning of life on this planet?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

You might not have the whole story.

Have you read the part about the Road to Emmaus?
Might you be missing something...? Is that possible?

Sure it is possible. I admit that I missed this:

[25] He said to them, "How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken!

Appearance on the road

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Only the blood of Christ could wash away the sins of the whole world.

I'm not getting my point across well enough, Randy - sorry. Please try to focus on this part : ONLY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST COULD...
Are you saying that the biblical God needed rituals and incantations to perform certain acts? Isn't this god all-powerful, to the point where all he has to do is think about a thing and it would be done? Are you saying that without the blood of Christ god COULDN'T have washed away the sins of the world?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Three days... The stone can be rolled away if you still have the lever.. (who's tomb was it anyway)?

This is a very good point, NAM.

Look, I don't even know if Jesus existed, but for the sake of this discussion I will conceded the point. Jesus walked the earth. Now, please come half way (JUST for the sake of this discussion) and think of Jesus as just a man.

Now, with ATS being a site of rampant conspiracies, and if this biblical story was of just a man, even you would give some credence to these two issues:

1. WHY would someone offer their tomb to Jesus? Answer, because Joseph KNEW that Jesus would only be in there for just three days.

2. Those soldiers guarding the tomb were paid to take a hike while the body was removed.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

It is through his death we were offered Grace

See! You are giving death a power. You are saying that god wasn't powerful enough to just give us grace without the help of a death ritual.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

It is only when you come to the present moment and forget the past and forget the future that you will feel the presence (of God). But one must die to feel Gods presence.

You do realize that you contradicted yourself with this statement, right?

As for forgetting the past and future, I do that all the time. Like right now. I am so involved with you and others right now, that I am living JUST in this present moment. I do this even when I'm reading a good book. But then you say we can't feel god's presence until we're dead. So, I don't know where to go from there.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I once read a book called The Knights Templar. The book was centered around the hunt for an original copy of a journal kept by Jesus himself. The journal was believed to reveal the true mortal nature of Jesus, and as a result, dozens of organizations tossed their lot in to capture the book. Naturally, the journal suffers a tragic fate...but a single page survived. Until the woman who was dragged into the hunt tosses it away.

Why did she do that? Why did she destroy the one final chance to know the truth about the supposed savior of mankind? It's simple: she didn't believe it was her place to destroy that much hope in the world. She thought of the millions of families, men and women and children, who had devoted their lives quite happily and prosperously to the Christian faith. She thought of all the great and marvelous achievements driven by Christianity and those who believed in it. Organizations and corporations around the world, which volunteer their time and donate their assets for the betterment of mankind, all because of the principles they were taught as Christians.

She decided that so much work and progress was worth more than the truth.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
"In the begining was the WORD and the WORD was God"

I see the whole of creation as a giant quantum simulation.. It acts like a computer transfering information (energy) from one form to another and one place to another.. There is NOTHING in the universe that does not do this..

Sin therefore is a computer virus.. It takes a system in balance and causes it to take onboard extra information to retain an equalibrium.. It is the reason why the very stars themselves die.. They take on too much information.. Get too big.. They implode on their own gravity.. They take on too little.. They burn out very quickly.. It is the same with us.. We have gone from systems that are in balance.. Connected to the life source.. Being fed the correct information.. To being disconected.. And having to find more resources to keep in balance.. However we still die because our system is that corrupted by the virus.. That it has became the law of the universe.. Man was the conduit for the virus.. We took on information that would destabalise and disconnect us from our "food source".. Because at the quantum level.. Each of us is touching all parts of the universe at the same time (a scientific fact).. We corrupted the universe too as well as ourselves..
So how do you get rid of a virus? You SAVE ALL OF THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU CAN and use anti viral software..
That is who/what Yeshua is..... He is the WORD made flesh.. The embodiment of creation.. And in Him was the saving information/anti viral software... But for that iformation to be put in the system.. He had to be planted in the ground like a seed so the information could be loaded.. He took the virus on Himself.. Died like a plant that loses its seed.. Was planted in the earth for three days and nights whilst Him.. Being the system rebooted..Then He came back online.. Incorruptable.. On the day of the Wave offering which is the day the wheat was sown in the fields.. Then after 7 times 7 days later.. The new information fully took affect on the day of the wheat harvest and the day the Jews celebrate the giving of the Law on stone tablets by Moses.. Only this time there was a harvest of men and by Gods Holy Spirit decending.. Those who took the saving information of Yeshua.. Had God Himself downloading Himself onto us via His Spirit.. Writing His Law on the stone tablets of our hearts..

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by jiggerj

Three days... The stone can be rolled away if you still have the lever.. (who's tomb was it anyway)? [quote]

No stone was rolled. Jeshua Ben Joseph was buried in Joseph of Aramathias's tomb. In a Jeruselem bone box found in 2008? clearly marked as being that body; by the none other than James Cameron of "Avitar" and "Titanic" fame. Figures a film director would achieve the impossible; but very fitting.

Nice pics of Ratzinger. Most interesting, the totally evil one in the middle, as though he's licking his lips looking at something he should not be. You realize Pope John Paul II was percieved as weak, and Ratzinger; head of the loftily titled (very powerful) "Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith" (charged with overseeing the PURITY of Catholic teaching) was of course going to be the next Pontif. He thinks he can forestall the Jesuits....

edit on 9-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Yep I guess you could say that. I don't know the answers to a Gods existence. No one can say for sure. Scientific theories made me want to believe there is no God. And it almost worked. This year and moving forward I am going to try and reinvent my faith in God.

Your only obligation is to yourself; not a belief system--this world has a mind a mind of its own and defininately would not kill itself over human occupation. Its done it before; like a dog shaking water from its fur.

There is the saying "to thine own self be true" there is where you will find your God. Your truism is no one elses and if you find anyone that can connect with your idea of what is true for you; youve achieved something stellar. Why not reinvent yourself and the faith will follow (BTW most world religions know this and is why they congregate to make a power together they think functions-wrong). The more powerful is the individual belief in yourself because it is highly creative and distinct-meaning it carries the electromagnetizm of the true you the only one of you existing. Highly powerfull.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

It is only when you come to the present moment and forget the past and forget the future that you will feel the presence (of God). But one must die to feel Gods presence.

You do realize that you contradicted yourself with this statement, right?

As for forgetting the past and future, I do that all the time. Like right now. I am so involved with you and others right now, that I am living JUST in this present moment. I do this even when I'm reading a good book. But then you say we can't feel god's presence until we're dead. So, I don't know where to go from there.

No, i don't see how i contradicted myself with that statement, maybe you could explain how.

Maybe you are not understanding what is written, you have quoted me out of context after all.

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
The original sin was to be separated from God (the presence of the lord). Humans are separated from the presence (of God) by living in time. It is only when you come to the present moment and forget the past and forget the future that you will feel the presence (of God).
But one must die to feel Gods presence. The person you 'think' you are is lost in thought, lost in time.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Three days... The stone can be rolled away if you still have the lever.. (who's tomb was it anyway)?

This is a very good point, NAM.

Look, I don't even know if Jesus existed, but for the sake of this discussion I will conceded the point. Jesus walked the earth. Now, please come half way (JUST for the sake of this discussion) and think of Jesus as just a man.

Now, with ATS being a site of rampant conspiracies, and if this biblical story was of just a man, even you would give some credence to these two issues:

1. WHY would someone offer their tomb to Jesus? Answer, because Joseph KNEW that Jesus would only be in there for just three days.

2. Those soldiers guarding the tomb were paid to take a hike while the body was removed.

Correction - while the body exited the tomb and walked away.

"Why do you look for the living among the dead?"

Dazzling white may signify that they were dressed to the nine's, as a wink and a nod to their own participation in the ritual which they were given to understand ie: as friends of Joseph of Arimathea who was a rich man, and who possibly along with Nicodemus, persuaded Pilate to give him custody of the body which was taken down early so as not to defile the passover celebration.

Jesus Christ - 100% obedient, to the point of death..

Furthermore, he was HUNGRY afterwards and asked for food at one point, while also employing the art of disguise, after all what they can do to a man once they might try a second time..

There is nothing wrong with Jesus as 100% man. It detracts not one iota from his divinity as son of God or from the meaning and symbolic importance and significance of his Great Work as a demonstration of the love of God expressing itself and making itself transparent in human form, to communicate that love to the rest of us imbeciles.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join