It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consumer Madness..Stampede & Riot for Deals! what will they do for FOOD??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
American "Running of the Bulls"

Pure pandemonium, over more junk they don't need!

Sadly, global food riots have already begun and already spreading across the globe. While "3rd world country" people are used to making do with little, the American people have been conditioned by sheer corporate-capitalism to overlook necessities (*healthy* food & water) and blindly "need" to finance an impractical material lifestyle based on consume consume consume, whatever everyone else is having, and then some.

Martial Law, Food Riots & Gun Confiscations: Paranoid, or Eventuality?

@1:30 Unified Quest = Pentagon prepares to do "what it has to do" toward total civil meltdown by 2020

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Most americans are too fat to run fast so the skinny americans will get most of the food during the food riots,but don`t feel to sorry for the fat americans they can survive off their stored lard and a box of carrots for 6 months or more,so in the end it will all work out ok.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
Most americans are too fat to run fast so the skinny americans will get most of the food during the food riots,but don`t feel to sorry for the fat americans they can survive off their stored lard and a box of carrots for 6 months or more,so in the end it will all work out ok.

You really hate fat people but you like skinny americans,
or
You like skinny people and hate fat americans,

Anyway, it was a comment with a hint of discrimination,...I must say.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by Tardacus

You really hate fat people but you like skinny americans,
or
You like skinny people and hate fat americans,

Anyway, it was a comment with a hint of discrimination,...I must say.

Discriminatory, maybe. Funny as hell, absolutely. He has a got a point though, many Americans who sloth to the office and back every day and sit for 8-12 hours a day may find it mighty hard to beat anyone to the last loaf of bread on the shelf.

In a true disaster, on a large scale, I think alot of Americans would be horribly ill prepared for the reality of how people act in desperation. We are always one mega disaster away from seeing the human race devolve over night. It can and does happen, scary.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I guess we will see what happens in a couple months time when americas financial system collapses.

People will be raiding all grocery stores. Will make good watching on youtube.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Good thing I have about 13 months of long term, storable food and I'm buying more all the time.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
its gonna get nasty

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

What people would do depends on the people. Selfish idiots like the ones that fight over a sale would fight over food. People that attack each other in a disaster would do the same. Those that work together would do so then. No doubt, because of the first two types, things would get ugly. Being in a big city then isn't a good plan.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
One of the many reasons I live out here in the middle of the woods, on a plot of land with good logistics for defense

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This thread is offensive. Or at least the immature knee jerk reactionary posts about the OP.

Lets try it this way:

Those skinny weaklings will never have a chance against the beefy Americans who will squash them in the fight for the last scraps of bread...

Not trying to start a fight but have to say I will push aside a 98 lb. weakling to feed my Children. I would gladly keep my skinny ones at home to take the beefier ones with me to the grocery in the shtf scenario.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Reality check, it can be taken from you, it can burn, it can be confiscated, if you have to bug out, can you carry 13 months worth? It starts with plan B. Keeping all your eggs in one basket is never the smart choice.

new topics

top topics

join