It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars..Whats the real agenda?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

That certainly seems possible. Maybe they know what minerals are there and how they could be used

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Let's say all photos released to the public of Mars, were actually filmed in New Mexico or Utah desert.

What information besides those possibly hoaxed photos, do we have to tell us what Mars might look like?

..We take a lot they say at their word. Imaginatively, if we chose not to, but instead focused on tools/telescopes to get the information --- what have we found out so far?

That very far away, is a little red glowing object known as Mars.

---

On a side note, I think what we'll be seeing soon is a lot of Astroid fear leading to mining for iridium and other metals on comets. All within this year, I strongly feel this is going to be happening... All in synchronicity with the Vherner Von Braun's testimony on the weaponization of space.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I call a big BS, where was the blackened crater in the original footage?

Why are we spending millions to send these satellites up there to take pic but not putting the best possible cameras on the bloody things?

If we can see postage stamps in detail on a footpath on earth from our orbiting satellites why is that pic only 1 f 3 we have and so dodgy?
edit on 8/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

You can call BS that is your opinion, those that have convinced themselves that we never landed on the moon will probably always think that way regardless of any evidence provided. I just think it is too big a lie to actually pull off, just think of how many thousand people were involved in the preperations of the moon landings, from Engineers, manufacturers, scientists to just your average cleaner. There is no way they could have convinced all those people they were going to the moon if there was no physical hardware on the ground to prove that they were preparing for this to happen. Therefore if you have to invest in the equipment anyway, why the hell would you not just do it.

I think conspiracy wise, I could just about palate a backup recording made in a studio incase there was a disaster up there and it never came off, or if they just did not want to share the real images of it happening. But in my opinion it is almost impossible for there not to have been at least an effort to get there.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I think we're all just excited about exploring the universe?
I love a good conspiracy but I really don't think there is much else to it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Once again maybe weve been there but I dont think weve seen the footage.

How do you explain the points I made in the above post?

Not an attack just curious, you dont find many people on this site who actually believe weve been LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Mars is currently the "easiest" location to look for evidence that life ever existed anywhere but Earth. Finding such evidence would demonstrate that Earth is not unique, that life can develop anywhere. Is such knowledge important? Hell yes.

Mars is currently the best option for the human race to terraform. The means that in a couple of hundred years humanity's eggs will not all be in a single fragile basket. Is that worth it? Hell yes.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Why are we spending millions to send these satellites up there to take pic but not putting the best possible cameras on the bloody things?

What about the Japanese lunar orbiter Kayuga?

Or India's Chandrayaan-1 ??

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I call a big BS, where was the blackened crater in the original footage?
Why would there be a blackened crater?

Because the satellites are not there to just take pretty pictures to make you happy. They are there to do real science.

If we can see postage stamps in detail on a footpath on earth from our orbiting satellites why is that pic only 1 f 3 we have and so dodgy?
We don't have satellites that can see postage stamps on a footpath.

But of course, none of that has anything to do with Mars.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

There could be a whole variety of reasons for the questions you pose. For example the reason why the cameras are better on the spy satellites is probably because they are funded from the CIA/Black Ops budget which seems bottomless in america. Wheras a probe sent to moon is built under the Science budget, which is too small in all honesty so has to be spread. So maybe they have saved cash on the Camera, who knows.

I don't for one minute dispute that there are anomolies in the reportings of the Moon landings and I have no real explaination as to why these may exist, maybe there is a conspiracy there. But we did go to the moon or at least try to, wether we got there or indeed saw the real footage is another question but I believe beyond doubt that we did go.

Here's Proffesor Brian Cox losing it a bit about his producer wanting to talk about faked moon landings and he raises a valid point about how the hell did we get a laser reflector on the moons surface to measure from earth?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
There is no single "real" agenda. Scientists want to explore and do science. The politicians want the limelight that comes with landing a man on another planet for the first time. Corporations are certainly looking forward to gaining any possible profit from Mars. And, of course, there is the simple curiosity and desire to explore.

Don't be cynical, and don't be ignorant. If you don't trust the scientists, send your own space probe and do your own science.

By the way, did you know that some instruments on Curiosity rover are from other countries and institutes than USA and NASA. There's an ESA (European Space Agency) probe orbiting Mars, taking pictures and doing science. Russians are planning Mars exploration too. It just seems impossible and illogical that there could be secrets about Mars kept from us by all the space agencies and science institutions around the world.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

And consider this
The US has made recent pushes to mars
Russia is moving in that direction and their simulated mars mission has just been completed
China has stated it will beat the US in a manned mission
And India have jumped in to with a kinda co-operation/opposition manoeuver with china

When was the last time we had a space race on our hands ? And what was the political climate ?
Why the recent interest and race ?
What's the race for at the moment between the big 3 here on earth ?

Resources

Stake your claim now, extract it when we can

If nothing else it aids in the development of the required technology to search for and extract resources from asteroids, as has been theorised and mentioned before by some nations and companies

edit on 8-1-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

edit on 8-1-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Those color photos of the surface of Mars by the ESA are great. I've found a number that indicate green stuff that seems to be growing on the surface and even a glacier that looks like it has been mined for water. Very cool stuff. I feel that they are quite certain there was/is life on Mars, but, like big foot, science wants solid proof, like a dead body, or in the case of Mars, they want samples of actual alien life forms before they make any claims of life.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Dude.....ITS A PLANET!

We can literally, thanks to technology, have a small fall back place and a second outpost for our species...!

Even if just a few thousand people, and a library of as many genetic sequences as they can get up there, protected in some form of lead repository, it would be a great feat of us securing our survival against an apocalyptic possibility on earth.

Then there is the hope of terra-forming the planet and learning how to do so else where that is inviting.

It is not just a dead planet, or a grey useless moon. It is a planet that has a shot at being a home for us.

I am juiced for mankind. Go us!

If anything it will make a great place to visit and gain perspective on our universe and just how retarded and small we are in the grand scope of things....

We need to take baby steps if we ever want to get around the block....

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
All conspiracy theories aside, it's the next logical place to go with a manned mission.

I'd like to see us return to the moon, but we've already been there. So where would the next place be? Another planet of course, and the closest to us are Venus and Mars.

The environment on Mars is easier for us to deal with right now for a manned mission.
Venus on the other hand, would be a technical nightmare due to the crushing pressure and 900 deg F surface temps.

The other reason they get excited is that technology wise (again, all conspiracy theories aside) we have the tech to go to Mars right now.

That's the main reason people get excited about it.

At last some common sense and not paranoia star for you erik!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

If weve been there I dont believe weve seen the footage,
Too many inconsistencies with the pics.

But you bring up 2 valid points, where did you see the high def pics?
Got a link for us?

Well look here at this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Read the thread learn how to use the viewer and see for yourself!

For Mars look here

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

Plenty of nice hi-res images to look at!!
edit on 8-1-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

edit on 8/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

Care to prove your BS quote, proof of a postage stamp I WONT HOLD MY BREATH!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

There is NO real proof that the CIA or anybody has cameras as good as the paranoid members of this site claim if they actually knew anything about optics they would understand the problems, the uneducated on here confuse aerial photographs taken from planes as satellite pictures.

Google Earth has 3 levels of picture Satellite,aerial and street view some oh here still think that if they can see their shed in the back garden its been taken from space it hasn't it's from a plane!!!.

Here are some numbers for you for example LRO taking pictures of the MOON surface is 50cm/pixel Google Earth 50cm/pixel other satellites taking pictures of the Earth can go to 41cm/pixel the LRO has done some low Moon orbits at 25cm/pixel.

Now look at this link then you will see why we cant do what is claimed!!

www.fas.org...

OH and another thing to remember CSI is not a documentary

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Why would there be a blackened crater?

Because a massive rocket upon landing and taking off was shooting a massive flame into the surface

Because the satellites are not there to just take pretty pictures to make you happy. They are there to do real science.

I see, and the problem with putting a more powerful camera on them would have been?

Sorry my bad, we can get a precise image of an object 1 meter wide from 485 miles above the surface of the earth. How far above the moon do these satellites orbit? I couldnt find a source

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Phage

Sorry my bad, we can get a precise image of an object 1 meter wide from 485 miles above the surface of the earth. How far above the moon do these satellites orbit? I couldnt find a source

LRO got images down to 26 cm/pixel: wms.lroc.asu.edu...
Most of the Moon is imaged at 0.5 m/pixel. Mars is being imaged by the MRO at a similar resolution (down to 30 cm/pixel) en.wikipedia.org...

LRO orbits at around 50 km above the Moon (recently as low as 21 km), MRO at about 300 km above Mars (but has a very powerful telescope).
edit on 9-1-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join