It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Williams sister Yetunde Price 'killed in gang war'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

From NEWS.com.au: Williams sister 'killed in gang war'

A TRIGGER-happy street gangster named Baby Spank killed the sister of US tennis stars Venus and Serena Williams as he defended a Los Angeles crack house from gangland rivals, a Californian court was told yesterday.

Robert Edward Maxfield, 24, opened fire with an assault rifle on Yetunde Price's vehicle as the Williams sisters' sibling sat with her boyfriend, prosecutor Hoon Chun said.

A bullet hit Price, 31, in the back of the head.

Click link for the full article...

Sounds like she was just on the wrong place at the wrong time.
Gun control, gun control...

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hmm, from a newscaster that covers shootings nightly in the philly area,
i find it LESS likley she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.....
getting shot outside of a crackhouse is rarely an "accident"....there is usually a reason those people are in that close of a proximity to a crackhouse.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Sorry, my bad.

[edit on 10/27/2004 by surfup]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Sounds to me like the boyfriend was bad news........

still very sad for ANYONE.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Im not guessing and or passing judgment on either the victim or her boyfriend, but
Being parked outside of a crackhouse is rarely an accident,
Its almost NEVER a truely innocent person involved in something like this..
it is MORE likley that they were not just residents of the neighborhood that got cought in the crossfire...they were in that place, at that time for a reason. Mabyy not to buy/use crack, mabey just to see a friend that did use crack, but placing yourself in closer proxcimity to potential danger is not a wise strategy.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Im not guessing and or passing judgment on either the victim or her boyfriend, but
Being parked outside of a crackhouse is rarely an accident,
Its almost NEVER a truely innocent person involved in something like this..
it is MORE likley that they were not just residents of the neighborhood that got cought in the crossfire...they were in that place, at that time for a reason. Mabyy not to buy/use crack, mabey just to see a friend that did use crack, but placing yourself in closer proxcimity to potential danger is not a wise strategy.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I've had three drive-by shootings on my street in the past two years, and one in my back parking lot.

I live in a very nice 1865 school building that has been converted into nice apartments. It's in a very bad section of town in an oasis of three Victorian-age buildings owned by the same contracter who has renovated them into nice middle class apartment buildings.

However, mostly around these buildings, there are numerous drug dens interspaced with nice buildings owned mostly by senior citizens who never moved out of their neighborhood even after it's declined since a flood wrecked this neighborhood in 1972.

Walking my dogs around the block 3 - 4 times a day, daily, I've always witnessed drug deals and the houses from which they come.

I don't do crack, I don't associate with crack users, but people who use that drug and many others are in my immediate neighborhood. I've seen them deal, I've had it offered to me, I've even seen people walk down the street and drop crack out of their pocketbooks while fishing for something.

For you to say someone who gets hit in a drive-by shooting has to be associated with drugs is pretty damn ignorant.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Tiabunnsu tries to call me out,

For you to say someone who gets hit in a drive-by shooting has to be associated with drugs is pretty damn ignorant.

please note where i said
"it is MORE likley that they were not just residents of the neighborhood that got cought in the crossfire...they were in that place, at that time for a reason"
i never said innocents were NOT ever hit in this manner,
I am fully aware that there are decent residents that get stuck living across the street from drug dealers, my statement acknowleges that indeed, non crack using residents exist near crack houses,
BUT
from experiance in covering THOUSANDS of shootings (some nights more than 3 a night), and a simple look at the crime stats, you will see that "innocent" people are rarely having bullets wasted on them or even the ones cought in the crossfire. Drug dealers dont want to risk it all to pop someone that doesnt owe money or product.

YES occasionally an "innocent" is caught up in this, but overall its someone somehow related to whats going on thats taking a bullet.
which begs the question,
why were these 2 parked outside of a crack house? Are they residents of the area?
It is also unclear from the article weather this was a drive by or someone shooting from the house area. the use of the term drive by is questionable.

Read what i stated, not what youd like to hear.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Fromwww.smh.com.au...

Police also arrested the man who was with Ms Price in a white four-wheel-drive at the time, Rolland Wormley, 28, for allegedly violating parole.

"Whatever his involvement was in this incident [it] was enough to violate the terms and conditions of his parole," Sheriff's deputy Bill Spear said.

Ms Price and the man later identified as Wormley became "involved in a confrontation with some local residents", Mr Butler said.

"The confrontation led to gunfire."

Hmm, so they are not residents of the area, AND they are in a confrontation with people on the scene....

Like i said...it is LESS likely they had no involvment with the incident and MOST likley that they were there for a reason.

but hey,
tell me im talking crap out my @$$ again.
free your mind by opening it, not closing it.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Anything followed by a 'but' is a lie. You are guessing and passing judgement by stating that it's more likely they were somehow connected to crack without any evidence.

Maybe they were there for illegal reasons, maybe they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe they were going to visit a friend who wasn't a crack user? You don't know, you simply assume they were.

Personally, it's no accident I live near crack houses. I know they're there, I recognized the neighborhood from the get-go. I simply like the building I live in, and I like my apartment. The building's secure and it's filled with professionals who simply go from their cars right into the passcoded building. I walk the neighborhood because I can handle myself. Accidents can happen though. If a friend of mine was coming to my house and pulled up into the wrong parking lot, and some asswipe on PCP was there on the porch with an assault rifle, he could get blown away. Then people would read a young guy was blown away in a #ty neighborhood and you'd say, "Oh, it was LIKELY to be crack related."

Uh-huh.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Sounds like she was just on the wrong place at the wrong time.
Gun control, gun control...

Yeah thats it control the guns and let the gangbanger go free. People who commit crimes with guns are the problem, not guns themselves.
Besides possesion of an AK47 is already llegal.
Fricken liberal looneys

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
People who commit crimes with guns are the problem, not guns themselves.

Even kids and dogs can pull a trigger and might kill someone or even themselves.
Nah, guns are never a problem at all...

Fricken liberal looneys

Im not a liberal...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Even kids and dogs can pull a trigger and might kill someone or even themselves.
Nah, guns are never a problem at all...

Fricken liberal looneys

Im not a liberal...

How in the hell is a dog going to pull a trigger?

People like their guns. Guns are going nowhere anytime soon.

I love the fact that Rosey O'Donnell uses bodyguards who go packing. #ing hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Tiabunnsu,
Why do you keep digging like an auger right into the ground here?

YES, i SPECULATED that the victim and the shooter were somehow related
IE this was not random or "crossfire",
BUT
please show me where i jugmentally said "they were there for reason x,y, or z"

Even after i pulled up more info about the case to substantiate this suposition...you have countered with nothing but essentially a personal attack against me, not my argument.

here is some more info raising questions.
www.iol.co.za...

Price, the half sister of the tennis icons, was shot in the back of the head just after midnight as she sat inside her sport utility vehicle outside a crack house in the crime-battered suburb of Compton.
Hmm, after midnight in a known crime battered area outside a crackhouse....no questions there?.

Wormley, who said he did not initially realise that Price had been hit, sped away to a relative's home and called emergency services. Price was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at hospital.
Hmmm, didnt initially tell cops his GIRLFRIEND was hit by gunfire, AND he left the scene...without her i might add...SOME boyfriend eh?
No questions here?

Please, learn to ask the right questions. Ray Charles can see that there are enough questions here to certantly suggest that these "victims" were not just innocently caught in a crossfire.

keep screwing yourself into the ground here Tiabunnsu, Ill keep dreging up more about the case thats going to point to serious questions as to the victims presance "at the wrong time and place".

[edit on 27-10-2004 by CazMedia]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Yeah you just keep on saying that.
In the meantime, guns make it a whole lot easyer for some twisted freak to out his frustrations on anyone.
Guns magnify tragedies.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Jakko everyone knows that europeans are neither intelligent enough or responsible enough to handle guns safely, that why you cant have any.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   

keep screwing yourself into the ground here Tiabunnsu, Ill keep dreging up more about the case thats going to point to serious questions as to the victims presance "at the wrong time and place".

[edit on 27-10-2004 by CazMedia]

I said I don't know the circumstances. They could be selling crack for all I know and screwing someone out of a deal when they got shot. My initial point was that you were guessing and judging from the outset.

It's spelled "Taibunsuu."

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Jakko everyone knows that europeans are neither intelligent enough or responsible enough to handle guns safely, that why you cant have any.

your sarcasm is actually funny.
Ah well, at least you have the biggest hamburgers. ;+)

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
How in the hell is a dog going to pull a trigger?

I love the fact that Rosey O'Donnell uses bodyguards who go packing. F ucking hypocrite.

Heres a dog pulling the trigger:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Yeah, I know it might have been a bad example...

And the dog didnt even know how he did it (I guess) .

Who is Rosey O'Donnell? Someone Im supposed to know about?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Actually, they can have guns.
After they have proven themselves worthy of it and that they can handle it, that is...

EDIT:
Actually, I appologize your yelling "guncontrol" to you americans.
Its none of my business, Im norwegian.

[edit on 2004/10/27 by Hellmutt]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
O'Donell is this lady who strongly advocates gun control in the States. I have no problem with her doing so, but I read about how her bodyguards carry guns.

Ok, so she's a rich entertainer saying how guns are bad, but she uses bodyguards who carry guns?

Pot... kettle... black...

BTW I wasn't calling you hypocrite, just her.

Gun control is knowing when to pull the trigger.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join