It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flag fury ignites some of Northern Ireland's worst violence in 15 years

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by onlyjusthere

Star for you!

Thanks for jumping in, sorry if anything I said made you feel pigeon holed, that's something we get too much of over here.

It's good to have someone from what some would like to describe as the 'other side', especially after some of the moronic comments from 'SeekandYeShallFind' on the first page.

I agree with everything you say, and it is much more than a few 'protestants' who are embarrassed.

And, I say 'other side' but me and you are on the same side buddy!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
It's been going on for weeks

www.bbc.co.uk...

A bunch of ignornant kids stirred up by criminal gangs because it's fun to fight the police and cause disruption and distress to others.

They are NOT loyal to Britain, the Queen, or anything we stand for. I'd round them all up and put them on a boat to Australia. Then sink it mid ocean......
edit on 8-1-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

don't demonise everybody at these protests- come over here and personally try and put me on a boat, pm for details

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
I am a supporter of a one Ireland cause, with out the violence of course.

The occupation has gone on long enough, if yer ancestors didn't build a cairn among the Fields of Glory, begone.

learn your history, Ireland was only united under British rule- I can asure you me and my kin are not going anywhere, ok there fantasy man

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Oh no worries biggilo,I say pigeon-holed because I think an unfortunate thing about the northern irish situation is how religion is used as a by-word for political ideology. With all due respect I would hold with some nationalistic ideals; as well as having some notions that would engrage your common-garden nationalist (ie yep, I'm a British subject, I'm cool with that.) What offends me is the form-filling "catholic" when, if I Really had to chose some mumbo-jumbo; peadophilic mumbo-jumbo wouldn't be my first choice!

In all seriousness, the crutch of religion has a lot to answer for as regards the sorry state of our wee country.

don't demonise everybody at these protests- come over here and personally try and put me on a boat, pm for details

Credence, since you're here on ATS, maybe you could give an insight on the riots from your point of view? I'm assuming you've attended the protests? What is the hope-for outcome? In your opinion, what would need to happen in order for this to be resolved?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by onlyjusthere

I have a few friends from Romania who are ethnically Hungarian, but now live in Romania (Transylvanian region) because of a takover after WW1. They laugh at thie flag farce! They told me that in their country you salute whatever flag they give you (Austro-Hungarian, Nazi, Soviet) because it makes for an easy life. Our problem is that we haven't been invaded for about 800 years and things have become too rigid. 'My granda was in the RUC, yours was in the 'Ra in the 20s' sort-of thing.

Personally I'd like border poll to sort out the situation once and for all. If the majority vote for the UK, then Sein Fein should shut-up. If, on the other hand, the vote is for a United Ireland then the DUP should shut it.

Of course my problem is that I'm OPEN-MINDED, unlike a lot of people in this country.
edit on 19-1-2013 by jayman0111 because: to add a line

edit on 19-1-2013 by jayman0111 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join