It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Park Avenue - Money power and the American dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Park Avenue - Money, Power and the American Dream

Through archive and interviews with academics, political scientists, psychologists, former lobbyists and even a former doorman at 740 Park, Gibney's film is a polemical look at the socio-economic political landscape of contemporary USA.

"There's always been a gap between the wealthiest in our society and everyone else, but in the last 30 years something changed: that gap became the Grand Canyon," says Gibney.

www.bbc.co.uk...

This is another documentary from the Why Poverty? Campaign, which has been shown around countries of the world. Focussing on issues surrounding poverty in the world. I have seen a few and posted the Solar Mamas film on ATS. www.whypoverty.net...
The documentary doesn't come with a fact check, but there's some pretty interesting stuff in there. I never knew David Koch ran as a libertarian in 1991 for example. I'll leave you to judge. I'm sure it will be viewed as some pinko commie cultural Marxist propaganda,

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Speaking of Park Avenue...

Supernatural or not, how can people with soul/conscience live like this? The proverbial 'rat race' for the past decade or so has been in turbo mode, huge "progress" since the days Natives were duped into handing over this overpacked island real estate hallmark 'biggest greatest capital city of the world' for $10 in trinkets.. ironically the same locale IR banksters chose their biggest american slaughter sacrifice.. probably the next one a nuke or bioterror.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

It might very well be propaganda but we'll never know.

Since its an hour long, can you give provide some details as to what its about?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Sorry, was being a bit lazy by just providing the links. In a nutshell, it's about the residents of 740 park avenue. The 1% of the 1% and park avenue in the Bronx. It is about the growing divide between rich and poor and the shrinking of the middle class. There are lots of graphs about how the 1% are devouring the wealth of the middle class. Whereas the middle class have seen wages and incomes decrease, the opposite has happened to the rich.

It talks about the extensive lobbying for both parties and how that lobbying effects the decision of your elected officials.

If you get chance, you should watch some of the other videos at the whypoverty.net site. The one on Chinese universities is truly shocking.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Since its an hour long, can you give provide some details as to what its about?

Rich people are rich and that's bad mmmkay?
Repeat for 60min

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RandyBragg

Well I ll take it you didn't watch it . It clearly stated that there have always been rich and poor, it's more concerned with the destruction of the middle class, which with attitudes like yours has become all the more easy.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Just watched this documentary, and it definitely deserves more attention than it is getting.

A must see for anyone who liked the "Wealth Inequality in America".

top topics

join