It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida school moves away from professor's claim that Sandy Hook massacre was staged

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Great find! Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by iwilliam

I was being as polite as I could about a theory I think has no business being voiced by a man in a position to carry public notice or a shred of authority in anyone's eyes. I hope the CT families DO find a successful way to go after people like this with civil action. The speculation ...and this is PURE speculation based on imagination on his part..is vile and obscene.

I'm not saying that about you or the OP...don't get me wrong. It's running in main media as a primary story. I'd love to see the guy suspended if not fired though. The pain this crap is putting the families through is over the top and just flat wrong on every level.

^^^ We're all entitled to personal opinions....especially when that guy can share one like that. Mine's as valid to voice.

A very terrible tragedy indeed and I also sympathize for the victims but I have to ask, if a tragedy, action or circumstance is going to be the catalyst for active legislation to restrict or revoke one of Amendments, is not our duty, our responsibility as citizens of a republic to question an official story of events when there is so much contradictory evidence? I would think it is especially when the people who are narrating the story for us dramatize and sensationalize events across the globe on a daily basis to demonize and agenda push against government enemies of the state.

To state there was no shooting is cold, and wrong as there is no direct evidence to support such a statement. To say that there are many, many conflicting reports and circumstances regarding the facts of the case and to say that something about what we have been told or..... Led to believe is amiss, is very reasonable, at least in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

From the second paragraph of your link: The Boca Raton school said Tracy, who has also questioned the official version of events of the Kennedy assassination, the 9/11 terror attacks and the Aurora, Colo., movie theater massacre, was speaking only for himself.

To be fair though, I don't think there are very many Americans who haven't questioned the JFK assassination or at least some part of 9/11. I would think there was something wrong with him if he didn't question these events but questioned Sandy Hook.

...... "conspiracy theorist"......just a pejorative.

I suppose everyone here has noticed that folks dont make fun of JFK questioners like they used to. In fact CT is becoming a pass time all over the place not to mention the serious students and investigators of issues.

They let the gays out of the closet......can we come out now? Can a guy tell you he actually did see a UFO without being call the equivalent of a nut or a fag? can Joe Blow tell you something without his face being shoved into the fact hes not a cop, a pilot or a college professor.....well unless your a college professor rather.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The Nutty Professor?

that he's being recognized for his opinion means naught, though from this quote of his from the article...

“I describe myself as a scholar and public intellectual interested in going more deeply into controversial public events,” he said. “Although some may see [my theories] as beyond the pale, I am doing what we should be doing as academics.”

.. he sort of brings up a good point, hopefully, regarding why we're all here in the first place - "doing what we should be doing as academics"

thinking
researching
validating
theorizing

perhaps just not in the manner that we've seen with oh so many here and elsewhere regarding the SH incident.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I'd say off hand 12m8keall2c's post says it best by the one word emphasized out of the 4. Evidence? yes... That's interesting when there is some to look at. Asktheanimals had/has a extensive thread running that I briefly stepped into to offer some ideas and input on the CT shootings. It's not every examination of this I find deeply offensive. It's the ones that start and end from speculation with nothing but theory in-between.

I'm not sure on some details any more than anyone else....but I'm holding my own on all that until we do see the reports and other data they're holding back for the time being. The outrageous feeding frenzy by media seemingly happy to run off half cocked with half baked ideas is why, as I understand it, they are working hard to hold things for now. A cooling off period all the way around before adding the details which will ever be fit to release sounds reasonable.

When that's passed and the information is in the public record to make a logical examination of what is known to have happened...I'm going to be right there to read every bit of it with everyone else. I'm far from uninterested or without curiosity. I'm just exceptionally sensitive regarding the families on this because it's gone so far out into dark places already and really, it was from the day after it happened for so much reporting. That's my take, to put a bit more rationale to my opinion.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You got it right on the head.. It's not so much the questioning of the media that has me upset, but the very very dark avenues this one is taking. It's different when it's adults/young adults that are targeted, for some reason we don't as a collective get that really really cold shiver up our spine that we do when we heard say about the little girl that was killed in Arizona, or the baby ( I think it was a baby, could have been older ) that died in Aurora, and of course 20 young children is just too much for our collective minds to fathom at any given time.

I'm very sensitive to this whole incident, and I am extremely saddened that there are even entire forums dedicating themselves to making sure that these families suffer more than they already have (not ATS by any means but others out there) and I guess living so close to it, in the same state does guide my judgement also..

I mean seriously, as a parent who WOULDN'T be affected by this?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If I am reading this right, he is a media history professor and he is stating that he believes the media is not being completely accurate and forthcoming.

So instead of backing him and trusting their own choice for the position they are distancing themselves from him and he is being derided.

That seems to be the state of affairs in our country these days

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Excellent post and one I can agree with. It's a thin line with cases like these, reserving your questions and curiosities for a later date when everything will hopefully shake out is well within reason for such a heinous case but I ask you as all others who are following this, don't forget about those questions later, if they are not answered in the future, when enough time has progressed to ascertain all of the details.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This story is also being covered on a local news station in Colorado:

Florida Atlantic University professor disputes Newtown, Conn., massacre
Source

Not much more to add, as I know speaking my mind gets me into trouble with the significant other often, so I'm being trained to just sit down and obey. However everything that the GOP does these days bothers me and I wouldn't put it past them to continue with their false flags.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wyldwylly
This story is also being covered on a local news station in Colorado:

Florida Atlantic University professor disputes Newtown, Conn., massacre
Source

Not much more to add, as I know speaking my mind gets me into trouble with the significant other often, so I'm being trained to just sit down and obey. However everything that the GOP does these days bothers me and I wouldn't put it past them to continue with their false flags.

You should consider shifting your thinking away from aligning yourself with "left" or "right" and contemplate on focusing on what is right for all of us, the best course of action for all Americans. If we continue to start battles for misguided political ideals and try to align ourselves with false ideals that the average person will never reap the benefits from then we are the ones to blame and it no longer becomes "their" fault.

Freedom and liberty do not come with out some form of government and regulation, but that aforementioned government and regulation should be working for the people by the people. Simply, ask yourself if that is what we have now, republican or democrat, are the laws being put to vote or being passed reflect the will and want of the people or do they reflect what is beneficial to large corporations, international banking institutions and lobbyists? If you can answer this question with honesty and wisdom, then you will realize the manipulation behind the two party system and why, it never, ever, works FOR the people.

Respectfully.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Apparently, a question ONLY a Parent could possibly answer. (?)

Until you've bred, borne and raised a child, there TRULY is NO other way to FULLY grasp, respect and/or appreciate the utter and absolute loss, here. (?)

given the breadth and depth of the site's membership, age-wise and otherwise, is there really any reason to expect anything to the contrary, other than what we've seen?

it's no wonder that we've had to experience near everything from actual, factual type approaches to absolute, complete and utter ridiculousness, at times.

I can only speak for myself, but, it would seem that when the world you grew up in was mostly, if not absolutely, in the digital realm, then it shouldn't be a surprise to others when that individual either decides to or goes on to do, commit the unspeakable - it's only 'bits and bytes', to them, after all. (?)

Personally,
mOar research into what the hell can/could possibly make or influence someone to do such a thing in the first place. - what's needed.

the tools used to 'kill' are but just that - tools - easily found, created or made, from most Anything one could imagine.

Figure out, determine or discover Why They Do It ... and we have a means to an answer and potential cure or solution, until then .... ban all you want. it won't change a thing.

People will kill, and People will die...

...the latter being an absolute. The former, well ... that's one where we're just not quite all-knowing or apparently capable of distinguishing our potential intervention into or influence over just yet. (?)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

You absolutely got it, research the WHY..

We can ban everything in the world, right down to fingernails, and unless we understand the why we are no better off than we were before. It would not surprise me in the lease, of some of these people committing these crimes thought of the targets as just imaginary pixels on a screen, it would actually make more sense than all of the other theories we've heard combined, and that's not a condemnation of "violent" video games, because even tame games, if played enough could probably cause the same disassociation to reality.

I always joke with my children that when I was their age, my video games consisted of the Fairchild Cat/Mouse maze, a pong type thing, some strange baseball thing if you could call it that, and when I was a little older.... Jumpman Jr on the C=64. Today they have real color, hi resolution almost realistic games.

Also I didn't mean to claim that "only" parents would be affected by this incident, but that if you were one, it would be very unusual not to be (I've unfortunately seen some online talking about telling their children it's all media fakery and they really have nothing to worry about) , and THAT disturbs me more..

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

You should consider shifting your thinking away from aligning yourself with "left" or "right" and contemplate on focusing on what is right for all of us, the best course of action for all Americans. If we continue to start battles for misguided political ideals and try to align ourselves with false ideals that the average person will never reap the benefits from then we are the ones to blame and it no longer becomes "their" fault.

Freedom and liberty do not come with out some form of government and regulation, but that aforementioned government and regulation should be working for the people by the people. Simply, ask yourself if that is what we have now, republican or democrat, are the laws being put to vote or being passed reflect the will and want of the people or do they reflect what is beneficial to large corporations, international banking institutions and lobbyists? If you can answer this question with honesty and wisdom, then you will realize the manipulation behind the two party system and why, it never, ever, works FOR the people.

Respectfully.

I don't play the right or left games. I am an American and I believe in the WE THE PEOPLE stand point, I believe in the right to bare arms and the right to protect my family. TPTB will do whatever they are going to do, to benefit large corporations, international banking institutions and lobbyists, while pushing their agenda through the news channels. I totally understand. If I didn't have to read up on all the laws passing through the gates, or trying to pass through the gates I'd be a lonely little sheeple like most people are. But I see with Eyes Wide Open what's going on around me.
(..guh late for a meeting.. more later)
edit on 1/9/2013 by wyldwylly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Except for the fact that a lot of people were calling the families actors and that the kids didnt' really die and it was upsetting people in Connecticut badly to read this tripe all over the net..

So?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The blog lays out a pretty extensive timeline and discusses many aspects of the incident in depth.
memoryholeblog.com...-1504

The YouTube video highlights a few of the issues highlighted in the blog with commentary and original news coverage most of which was only aired once. youtu.be...

and

www.wptv.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I can only speak for myself, but, it would seem that when the world you grew up in was mostly, if not absolutely, in the digital realm, then it shouldn't be a surprise to others when that individual either decides to or goes on to do, commit the unspeakable - it's only 'bits and bytes', to them, after all.

That is simply not true. I was born in 1985, I have been raised right alongside video game consoles and computers. No one my age views life as merely "bits and bytes."

I have already established in a post, mathematically, that these mass shooters represent less than 1% of the entire population of the United States. That being said, their numbers are so small that you cannot find a trend in popular culture to scapegoat and blame their actions on. It is easy to see that these shooting happen because of mental illness and nothing more.

If 2,400,000 people went on a shooting rampage, that would represent about 1% of the population of the United States. Maybe then we could start looking for other factors other than mental illness.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
In case no one has re-reported this...

Where is the Sandy Hook Security Footage?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

You got it right on the head.. It's not so much the questioning of the media that has me upset, but the very very dark avenues this one is taking. It's different when it's adults/young adults that are targeted, for some reason we don't as a collective get that really really cold shiver up our spine that we do when we heard say about the little girl that was killed in Arizona, or the baby ( I think it was a baby, could have been older ) that died in Aurora, and of course 20 young children is just too much for our collective minds to fathom at any given time.

I'm very sensitive to this whole incident, and I am extremely saddened that there are even entire forums dedicating themselves to making sure that these families suffer more than they already have (not ATS by any means but others out there) and I guess living so close to it, in the same state does guide my judgement also..

But there was a drill trained for at Sandy hook video about 16.21 mark

And there are many many weird inconsistencies. People are not trying to be hurtful they are trying not to be sheep and be duped.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
In case no one has re-reported this...

Where is the Sandy Hook Security Footage?

Did the article say anything about security footage?

I only say a visual monitoring system at the door for identification.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I would like to comment on that video...especially the first man who was literally smiling and then made an OBVIOUS effort to get in character...but I fear it is against the rules to do so. (??)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join