It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I am beating Fibromyalgia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
My firm works with a lot of doctors, including neurologists. One of the most accomplished of the neurologists has provided us with reports where he says that "fibromyalgia" is a symptom of depression. The chemical mechanism of depression somehow ends up stimulating nerves in a person's muscle fascia, which is interpreted as pain.

So probably the best treatment for fibromyalgia (as well as "Morgellon's Syndrome") is anti-depressants.

Yet more unsolicited advice. Take it or leave it.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Get a kangen water machine with 11.5pH water. Soak areas daily. I had nickel blight. Tried creams and the like. Kangen made it dissappear. No scar.
Plus drinking kangen helps prevent acidity and illness.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I picked up a thread while studying various systems and recall something I had read.
I wish I could recall the start....you know how it is with medical arts, especially when
faced with ideopathy.

It may have been cytokines which tied this statement to FM. It said those with FM lack certain enzymes necessary to dissolve fibrin, which is a strand shaped protein involved in
the clotting process. Moreover, these missing enzymes are used to process certain foods.

# 939

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I was Dxed with fibro back in 2003 and have learned a lot.

FIRST fibro is NOT one disorder.

about 50% really have Small Fiber Polyneuropathy.
www.medscape.com...
some types of SFPN mimics fibro to a Tee. but will have odd symptoms that fall out side fibro.
numbness in arms and legs is more common in SFPN.
SFPN is very common co-morbid to autoimmune deseases and can show up before the autoimmune disorder does.

Another disorder that can mimic fibro like symptoms is MS. and the "fibro" can show up years before the MS.

My "fibro" SFPN was caused by two rare autoimmune disorders Castleman's and Sarcoidosis. small fiber polyneuropathy is very common in both these autoimmune disorders.

If you were DXed with fibro years ago you NEED to be retested and screened for SFPN and MS.

For me my "fibro" SFPN was treated with gabapentin and up to 3 tens units at a time

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I'm not sure about that.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The number one treatment for fibromyalgia is a combination of anti-depressants and a plant oil not legal in all states.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

Are you male?
yes

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
My firm works with a lot of doctors, including neurologists. One of the most accomplished of the neurologists has provided us with reports where he says that "fibromyalgia" is a symptom of depression. The chemical mechanism of depression somehow ends up stimulating nerves in a person's muscle fascia, which is interpreted as pain.

So probably the best treatment for fibromyalgia (as well as "Morgellon's Syndrome") is anti-depressants.

Yet more unsolicited advice. Take it or leave it.

sounds like you work for the insurance industry.

when doctors do the right test to eliminate everything else i still would not believe depression had anything to do with causing fibro. plus new research shows many people DXed with fibro are now found to have small fiber polyneuropathy.
nationalpainreport.com...
fibro may cause depression in some people but depression DOES NOT cause fibro.

about the same number of people get depression from severe heart disease as get depression from fibro.

like fibro there is absolutely no lab test for depression.

its funny that the same doctors that believe depression causes fibro are many times the same ones that don.t believe in fibro.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join