It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Jobless Figure given by accident.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
We were reading a National News Paper today about UK jobless figures, and the government keep saying it stands at just under 2 million right? wrong cannot be, because they gave out the amount of money the Tories say they spend on jobless benefit each month. Right we checked the amount the government pay out, we checked the amount and it works out according to average payment of £70 each out of work person would get, the cost of the billions the government say they pay out to about 12.8 million unemployed people getting benefit, yet the Tories tell us only £1.8 million are jobless. The Police are telling the public here in Suffolk no homes have been burgled since Jan 1st 2013 in Suffolk, yet in my own village paper 121 homes have been entered in my area alone, do you folk get the impression we are being lied to and made to be fools?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Yes every day

It's probably why the billionaires are selling all their bank stocks too.

edit on 8-1-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You gave your your right to self-defense and defense against tyranny so guess what? You get tyranny. It'll come in lies and control until the United States is removed. Then all bets are off because no one will be left to come to your defense.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Stop it. This is not a gun thread.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

JSA is £112.50 a fortnight for an under 25, or £142 a fortnight for an over 25. They also receive other benefits like housing benefit which are counted in the figures, sometimes the HB expense can be several times greater than the JSA expense.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yes and every penny of the JSA is begrudge to you by your own government, even through its your national insurance contributions that pay for said benefit. Dont be out of work for more than six months or they will make you do unpaid work!!! Unpaid work in a country with a minimum wage??? IMHO that does not compute anyway you look at it!
edit on 8-1-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
OP, am I correct in reading your population is roughly 53 million people this is coming out of? So....in the neighborhood of 20% actually taking payments for unemployment? I gotta be reading it wrong...right?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Your Government is Sovereign over you.
What did you expect?
But what do I know about the UK, I'm from the U.S.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Op

i know what your getting at
in all arguments this is my phrase
"In the uk, there is on average 2.6 millions unemployed
in any average, there is only 1.7 jobs available at that time

SO how can it be common sence to import more immigrants when the structure says no

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
Op

i know what your getting at
in all arguments this is my phrase
"In the uk, there is on average 2.6 millions unemployed
in any average, there is only 1.7 jobs available at that time

SO how can it be common sence to import more immigrants when the structure says no
What he said.Close the doors,or even more radical-send them home.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Well this is right what you say, till today I did not know what was going on, but the fact is that everyone who comes to the UK to live, they are only required to work here for 6 months then they sling in the job and are allowed to live on the Min of £300 per week dole, Council Tax & Child allowence, cant go wrong can they?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I suspect that Employment Support Allowance is also included in this figure. This is handed out to those with disabilities who cannot work and those that are mentally ill, these people are not included in the out of work figures. I'd like to see the full breakdown of what payments are included in your magical figures before I start shouting lies to the Government.
edit on 8-1-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u

Well this is right what you say, till today I did not know what was going on, but the fact is that everyone who comes to the UK to live, they are only required to work here for 6 months then they sling in the job and are allowed to live on the Min of £300 per week dole, Council Tax & Child allowence, cant go wrong can they?

I know, sounds unreal does it not...but its true
i live in it every day from the dole to the nhs and immigrants have swamped the midlands to breaking point
even the local paper admitted that coventry has an immigration problem..
But no worrys lets brush it under the carpet...

edit on 2012/06/12 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Thats what happens when you put the UK's lax Welfare system together with being a member of the EU. I'd like to know which Prime Minster was in charge when European Universal Benefits was first proposed and secondly want to know why the VETO was not Yielded. I suspect it was the labour government as they like to give tax payers money to all and sundry.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I remember as a kid being told/ brainwashed,
that major was a scapegoat for thatchers mistakes
then soft labour came in and bang, everyone welcome....

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Enoch Powell painted a perfect picture of what would come to pass!

Well guess what he was right on the Money! Its a shame that agreement with his ideologies gets you painted as a racist these days but thats just political correctness in full swing.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Enoch Powell painted a perfect picture of what would come to pass!

Well guess what he was right on the Money! Its a shame that agreement with his ideologies gets you painted as a racist these days but thats just political correctness in full swing.

I remember not long ago that Racism was a feared word and politically incorrect
racism is slowly being evaporated from society to be replaced with the Terror word
its so easy to implement...swamp the island with immigrants, a few bomb scares...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

The person who sold the British people's freedom away, gave all the money too, was Tony Blairs old lady, she was a Human Rights Judge, she wore the trouses in that era and Tony just said when she told him what to say and do in the EU he went along with it to shut her up (like all married men have to do hi hi) but her stupid games really cost us everything during his time in number 10.

new topics

top topics

join